Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 631 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 629 630 631 632 633 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:17 PM | Locked

Hi Sukochi,

I sure don't know how you keep up with your days. I used to be busy all the time like you, but that was when my kids were little and I was running around to 5 different schools and dr. appointments for them. Now, if I am away from the house for more than 3 hours, I am exhausted. I am very impressed. I hope you rest and take care of yourself. I have severe asthma and COPD also. I have been on oxygen before, but now I walk and have been able to stop the oxygen. Take care. 

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:48 AM | Locked

Up at 1:41 cause I started to cough again and can't lie down. Of course, my stress hives are everywhere. I think my body is attacking itself. The coughing is so hard and wheezy, it gives me a terrific headache. I am exhausted. When I stand up and walk just across the room, I get so short of breath. Something has got to give. I am close to the end of my rope.  Please be in prayer for me.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 1:43 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

Prayers coming your way to ease your discomfort and help your doctors find answers. Not knowing what is wrong is so hard.

Hugs for you! 

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,076
Points 251,522
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:21 AM | Locked

Sukochi, Don't give up!  I know exactly how you feel - it is so tough - day in and day out to have problems - they just never seem to go away and when we get answers for one another seems to take its place.  but we can handle it girl - he wouldn't give us anything we couldn't handle... I keep wondering why I or you have to handle all this but somewhere at sometime we thought that we could handle it all.  Relief is coming... I can't promise when but my prayers for some relief for you have been sent and I know somehow someway you will get through this too.

I helped DH yesterday with setting up our new above ground pool that I thought would be the ideal thing for the Grands to have in Nana's back yard when they visit... Am I nuts - they will be here for one weekend - but this body of mine did not like the work - I didn't do much but be on my feet all day long and just assisted - do not know how those who are on their feet each day all day right now do it... but am glad that today I don't have to do anything...I can sit in this chair with heat on all over the body and languish...nothing on my slate - except to get this carpet steam cleaned - my kitchen floor washed and waxed - the front living room where Mom is needs dusting - the stuff that I took out of the back bathroom and stored in my bedroom needs to find a new place so I can have my bedroom back...

Teehee... i hate sitting still my mind thinks of all those things that I need to get done and I can't sit and heal I have to get up and do them... did I say I ever sat still??? I wonder when I do that... my front garden has about 1 hour more of weeding to be done in it and then it will look like a dried up Oklahoma flower garden with no weeds...teehee... all this work and for what - An aching body!!!

I need to relax - we both need to relax - we all need to relax... can any of us relax...lol...I don't have to do it all right now though - that is the good thing...

I think you are having residual problems from the dust that cropped up everywhere from your new flooring being put in and I pray that soon you will get some relief as you are more then deserving of it... and please don't give up yet!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:51 AM | Locked

Thea, you are such an inspiration to me. You work like a dog around that house, take care of your Mom and quilt. In terrible pain. All I am doing is coughing and can't catch my breath.

Was up till 5 this a.m. then slept till 9:30. Yikes! I never sleep that late. Started coughing again as soon as I woke up. Drat.

Need to go to the store this a.m. for some groceries and a bookcase for some of my fabric. I have a bunch stored in those plastic drawer things with wheels. They are stacked on each other and have started to look like the leaning tower of Pizza. lol.  I have some fabric boards from the LQS and will cut them in the height that will fit the bookcase and get them wrapped with fabric. This is going to look so good. I am excited.

Can't wait till Monday when Amy comes to straighten out my life. I am going to be so organized from then to forever.

Y'all have a great day. I will do my best to.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:44 AM | Locked

Good Morning

It's a beautiful bright sunshiney day!

I slept in today..guess I'm getting lazy. Aw well, It felt good to take an hour to pamper me. And Sprout even co-operated. :D

last night Jenni decided that if DD didn't get up and take her for her evening walk, she'd take herself.  One of the boys opened the gate and she went right over the top of him to get out. Of course, the boys both freaked out and went running after her. She thought that was great fun. DD was out yelling at them to quit chasing her and I was inside trying to feed the baby. I finished with him and went to tell them to leave the dog to come home on her own (she always does, as soon as we give up the chase) but they were all gone. I fallowed the sound of voices to the neighbors, where I found my blushing daughter hanging onto the over-sized puppy  while her little bros played happily with the man of the house. Trouble was he was wearing very short shorts and, umm... things weren't exactly concealed. The boys were so busy with the hot wheels tht they didn't notice, thank goodness. He was well on his way to this mornings hang-over (Celebrating an anniversary) and was blissfully un-aware... I sent DD home and spent the next hour trying to politely escape his wife and pry the boys loose from the toy box. They're nice folks but I felt like we were crashing a party meant for 2.  ...and there was the issue of those shorts.... LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

Here is the floor. I love it. Sure changed the "feel" of the house. The room with the baby gate in the door. is my sewing room. It keeps Lily out.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,818
Points 55,305
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:09 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  Is that laminate flooring or the real thing?   If it is laminate, would you divulge what kind and the pattern?  It looks like what I am looking for for 1 bedroom and 2 hallways.  It looks like it would blend with Wilson art floorinf that I have in my kitchen which is no longer made.  Wilson Art stopped making laaminate floors nearly 2 years ago.  As ou can tell, I love the look of your floors.  It goes with the style of home you have so well.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,818
Points 55,305
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:16 PM | Locked

chocake2:
fallowed the sound of voices to the neighbors, where I found my blushing daughter hanging onto the over-sized puppy  while her little bros played happily with the man of the house. Trouble was he was wearing very short shorts

HAhaha, it would only happen in Ccs world.   Brings back memories of when I was a curbside waitress at a local drive-in restaurant, back in the days before every car had air conditioning.   Ginny  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,212
Points 253,399
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:30 PM | Locked

Sukochi beautiful floor . thanks for sharing a icture with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 2:41 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Sukochi,  Is that laminate flooring or the real thing

Ginny,  it is not either. It is vinyl. You can't even tell when you are standing on it. I saw it in the lobby of an imaging center. Myself and two other ladies practically got down on the floor to figure out what it was. It has wood grain, and even feels just like wood. It is amazing. I got so excited when I went to Home Depot and saw this available there. We even have it in the living room and you can not tell it is not wood. Much easier care. Spills wipe up even if the have sat there awhile without hurting the "wood". It is the snap lock installation like laminate. We had it installed. People who have come in have been amazed when they find out it is not wood. .

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,818
Points 55,305
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 3:13 PM | Locked

Okay, thanks for the info.   The hoapital I was just in has it covering all of their floors.  The slight softness feels great and makes everything quieter.  I dont think that is quite what you have, but I have seen what is available in that line and none of them came close enough to go with my current laminate.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:02 PM | Locked

gini:

Marge (AKA Dimples):
You know I have discovered something.   When I don't spend as much time on the computer, I get a lot more done in the sewing room.

but then you don't keep up on all the gossip.  it's a cruel world with all these difficult choices,  that's why i keep my ipad beside the sewing machine.

My computer is in a different room.  Hard telling how distracted i would get if I had a place to put it in the sewing room so I could keep checking it.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
Wait until he starts feeding himself!
When my boys were small, I put a plastic tablecloth under their high chair.  Saved a lot of floor cleaning!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

Margaret - I am so sad to hear that you lost your fur baby.  I wonder if she got something that poisoned her.  We had a dalmation that got some antifreeze once.  I know there are so many things that can be toxic to our furry friends.  She has a lot of company over the Rainbow Bridge.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 631 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 629 630 631 632 633 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use