Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 624 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 622 623 624 625 626 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:15 AM | Locked

Joe:
I am afflicted with Work, the curse of the quilting classes.

Tell me about it...  I applied to be a millionair once. I even got hired, but then they told me I had to bring my own money! If I'd had that, I wouldn'ta needed to apply.  :(

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

today I have to go back to the dentist and get a couple of filling done, guess I need to lay of the M&M for snaking ,he really laid into me about that ,but in a nice way..LOL I hate getting my mouth numb always feels so weird and then it sore for a couple of days .. O well at least I still have my teeth ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:28 AM | Locked

Welcome to Logan!  Whoo Hooo!  What a wonderful site to behold this morning.

I go to the neurosurgeon this afternoon - I do not have any high hopes - but maybe one answer to all my questions.  

I do have a question for all you nurses out there - maybe you can explain this to me - when I take a shower - the water is really strong and I can feel it on the left side of my body but hardly feel it at all on the right side - does anyone know what this means - is this one of the reasons that when I try to lay on my left side that it is so painful... sorry that was 2 questions.  I just noticed this this morning when I took my shower... I try to take one each morning as the massage of the water does help a lot....

We should be getting the pool tomorrow - Jay almost has the ground ready for it - then I will soak in the pool each day - they say water exercise is real good - soon I hope he has the hot tub up and running again as the thought of soaking in that each day has me dreaming of a pain free soak...

No sewing yesterday - spent the day in my chair with a little housework thrown in - I did get the laundry done so that is an accomplishment.

I know what you mean Nana about not being able to sit and watch - i can't do that either - I pay dearly for it but heck that is life right!  

The nerve in my lower back is pinched again this morning so guess it is good that I am seeing the doctor today - I can tell him all about it - I am thinking that I need to find a really good massage therapist in this town... I need one today!

Oh... one last thing I did yesterday - I searched and found a new Halloween quilt - all the shops are showing it I think it is from Quilt something or other - I have done a lot of their quilts - but I searched yesterday as I wanted to do this quilt but did not want to pay that price that Keepsake wanted and I didn't want to pay a non-refundable deposit that other shops are asking - I found it where I could get the whole thing for about half of what Keepsake is asking so ordered it - my 2nd favorite holiday is Halloween - I had wanted to do this from Liz's shop but have been waiting for 3 months now for her to get it in and each time I have asked - it will be in any day is the response - so I ordered it and can't wait for it to get in - when Liz finally gets it in I will get that one too and make it for C&B to have at their house - they love halloween too... what is it about costumes that we like and those pumpkins and witches and ghosts...teehee...

Well, need to lay back and relax for a little while before I get up and do my hair and finish getting ready to get up and drive myself to my appointment - that is another thing I need to get a chauffeur - Jay better hurry and win the lottery...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:36 AM | Locked

Thea as to your question ,that is really out of my field of pratice, but it sounds nerological  to me. Aren't you suppose to see him today? I would let him know. I would tell him everything that you  are having issue with since this injury. Keep us posted ,sorry I didn't have a better answer 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:38 AM | Locked

Patti:

well, looks like all those nasty clouds have dissipated and we won't have to worry about lighting tonight.  The breeze even cleared away all that smoke from the fires burning to the south of us.  And it is a bit cooler. 

Patti, I was wondering if the Crane Road fire smoke was bothering you.  I was concerned that you were going to get more dry lightning over your way...

We had a lightning strike on Lewis Butte (about 4 miles NE of us) yesterday around 1:00pm.  They really jumped on that fire fast!!!  Within an hour they had dropped 2 smokejumpers near the fire, brought in  the helicopter (with a bucket) and about 6 trucks worth of volunteer firefighters were on their way.  (Believe it or not, that is fast for around here...lol!)  There are houses within a mile of the strike and in the direction it was traveling.  With everything as dry as it is, I am sure they wanted to get it controlled quickly.

We did get a little rain with the front, but not much.  Things are cooler this morning (upper 60's), but we should be in the 90's again by this afternoon.  Need to get moving and work on the garden before it heats up.  Then, I can go to my basement quilting "studio" where it is nice and cool!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

Donna,glad to hear they got those fires tended to quickly. I think this is a fear for everyone right now. we need one of those big hurricanes to hit in the gulf , and come up our way, with no big damage of course.just a lot of rain...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Gee, Karla...isn't 46 years a long time to go without strangling someone? Congradulations!! And yay on the new Grandson!

It certainly is!  And it has crossed my mind several times in the last 46 years.  Baby Logan is a sweety, too.  What a great anniversary present!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:50 AM | Locked

Karla:

Baby Logan is a sweety, too.  What a great anniversary present!

Congratuations Karla...what a cutie!!!  Enjoy the moment with that precious baby...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 11:03 AM | Locked

I'm a "mover" too, but I like the physical exercise.  Amazed that my back is still not 100% since Feb when I sprained it.  DS and family moved a couple of weeks ago and I was able to take several loads in my van. 

Still sitting here trying to get motivated for the day.  LOQ is coming on now with the second episode featuring Mary and Liz, after that Pokey Bolton's Quilting Art's -- so guess I will sit here till 10;00 and then get moving.  Today is DGS's last day of summer.  Tomorrow he starts middle school so today is "get room cleaned and organized day".   They told us there probably wouldn't be anymore 110+ days but all this week and next its supposed to be 111 outside -- Yuk    Ooops, Liz and Mary are on now  :  )

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:02 PM | Locked

Karla, congrats on your anniversary and your new grandson.  He is so cute.

Margaret

replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:21 PM | Locked

Thea:

Welcome to Logan!  Whoo Hooo!  What a wonderful site to behold this morning.

I go to the neurosurgeon this afternoon - I do not have any high hopes - but maybe one answer to all my questions.  

I do have a question for all you nurses out there - maybe you can explain this to me - when I take a shower - the water is really strong and I can feel it on the left side of my body but hardly feel it at all on the right side - does anyone know what this means - is this one of the reasons that when I try to lay on my left side that it is so painful... sorry that was 2 questions.  I just noticed this this morning when I took my shower... I try to take one each morning as the massage of the water does help a lot....

We should be getting the pool tomorrow - Jay almost has the ground ready for it - then I will soak in the pool each day - they say water exercise is real good - soon I hope he has the hot tub up and running again as the thought of soaking in that each day has me dreaming of a pain free soak...

No sewing yesterday - spent the day in my chair with a little housework thrown in - I did get the laundry done so that is an accomplishment.

I know what you mean Nana about not being able to sit and watch - i can't do that either - I pay dearly for it but heck that is life right!  

The nerve in my lower back is pinched again this morning so guess it is good that I am seeing the doctor today - I can tell him all about it - I am thinking that I need to find a really good massage therapist in this town... I need one today!

Oh... one last thing I did yesterday - I searched and found a new Halloween quilt - all the shops are showing it I think it is from Quilt something or other - I have done a lot of their quilts - but I searched yesterday as I wanted to do this quilt but did not want to pay that price that Keepsake wanted and I didn't want to pay a non-refundable deposit that other shops are asking - I found it where I could get the whole thing for about half of what Keepsake is asking so ordered it - my 2nd favorite holiday is Halloween - I had wanted to do this from Liz's shop but have been waiting for 3 months now for her to get it in and each time I have asked - it will be in any day is the response - so I ordered it and can't wait for it to get in - when Liz finally gets it in I will get that one too and make it for C&B to have at their house - they love halloween too... what is it about costumes that we like and those pumpkins and witches and ghosts...teehee...

Well, need to lay back and relax for a little while before I get up and do my hair and finish getting ready to get up and drive myself to my appointment - that is another thing I need to get a chauffeur - Jay better hurry and win the lottery...lol

Sounds like Fibro myalgia to me.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

Congratulations, Karla & family!  What a cute new member of the clan!

Hey, everyone!  The MN Shop Hop is now underway through Aug. 19.  If anyone is joining the fun and if you'll be in my neck of the woods, please give a call and I'll meet you at one of the area shops.  Thought I might do a bus trip through one of the sections this year, but decided to save my money for retreats. Here's a link for the info: http://www.quiltminnesota.com/

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

Karla, you are blessed with a beautiful grandson, welcome Logan and congrats to the whole family.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 2:56 PM | Locked

Karla, another sweet grandson, your cup surely does runnest over.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

Giggle Giggle Giggle - back from neurosurgeon... all is looking good and he was able to explain why the pain... 

1st - no surgery in the near future - Halleluiah

2nd - my bones in my neck are not square have extensions on the front side which is okay - nothing to do about them - they are a part of my arthritis - not supposed to be there but not a problem to be having surgery to correct... the bones in the back are not square like they should be but not bad either - so again good...

the fusion hardware is not cracked and the screws look fine - the bone right above the fusion and the one right below are not great - but not warranting surgery at this time - they do more work now that there is a fusion there - because he explained you start with 7 bones in the neck - I have had 2 fusions so I only have 5 which have to do the work of the 7... so this makes sense...

3rd - there is a weakening of the white right above the fusion but there is still a tiny bit of white there - so that is not great but not horrible either...

What he thinks I did - is tore the muscles in the neck that protect the bones - and that they have swollen and put a lot of pressure on those nerves - which in turn has caused neck pain and weakness on my left side... 

The giggles are that he said that after a couple PT appointments where he will have them give me exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in my neck that I should be able to do a somersault with my Grand daughter again...

4th - the bad news - this tear could take as much as 4 - 5 months to completely heal and because I am so sensitive to pain I will feel this for a while longer 

All in all I got great answers - he showed me on the x-rays and the MRI where the problem areas were and had answers for all my questions... I have not completely fallen apart yet... still have tons of years - good years in my future - so the smile is back and the heating pads are ready and raring to go into action...

• | Post Points: 65
Page 624 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 622 623 624 625 626 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use