Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 623 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 621 622 623 624 625 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:25 PM | Locked

Hurray, Thea!! Happy News!

Gee, Karla...isn't 46 years a long time to go without strangling someone? Congradulations!! And yay on the new Grandson!

Fire season here has been nuts. There's a pretty sizable burn south of us that's been smoking things up pretty bad. It started as 2 seperate lightening strikes, but they murged.The rain last week helped a lot, but today was 90+ and we're getting a lot of wind this afternoon, so I imagine it'll be on the go again... :( 

I was a dummy and went ahead and lit the grill to cook our supper even tho the sky was shouting "Wind is coming up."  Sure enough, as soon as the coals started glowing good, the calm went bye-bye. I hurried with supper and shut the grill down FAST. Sometimes I really scare myself with my own stupidity.

Hubby is our brush-busting. Our weed patch is out of control and drying up fast.  I'm hopeful he'll knock them all down before their seeds have a chance to mature... 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:44 PM | Locked

Happy anniversary Karla!  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:36 PM | Locked

Thea

Congratulations to you and the parents.  New babies are so fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:39 PM | Locked

Marie

For some reason I have a really hard time not helping.  I don't lift the really heavy stuff but still move things that I really shouldn't.  Oh well...things will stop hurting soon.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

well, looks like all those nasty clouds have dissipated and we won't have to worry about lighting tonight.  The breeze even cleared away all that smoke from the fires burning to the south of us.  And it is a bit cooler. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

Beautiful morning to y'all. 

We have nice cool temps this morning. Wish it would stay that way. Got a bit of rain late evening yesterday.

I just turned on the TV (slept till 8 this a.m. Bad asthma attack lst night), and all I heard was fires, flooding, hurricane, war, shootings, politics.  Where, oh where, is the GOOD news? There is good news somewhere, right? Why does it not make it to the news? Oh, wait, now let me add "chilling Twitter threats". Geez. Enough, already!

Probably should go have a breathing treatment today but I am still thinking about it.  Don't want to have to rush around and get a shower and get dressed right away. Maybe, this aft. Got really scary late yesterday aft. The neighbor young man who helps Jim around the house heard me coughing, outside, and ask if I was OK.

Oh, too funny news. Wes, who helps Jim, brought his 16 y.o. cousin with him to help move the wood stove back in from the porch. He is such an odd duck. He asked Jim how long we have been married and Jim said 42 years. The kid said he had NEVER heard of anyone married that long. Since he is just about worthless, Wes told him to sit down in Jim's chair, most comfortable chair in the house, Wes said. The kid says he never sits in another man's chair. Disrespectful.  Then right after they moved the wood stove, the kid says he has the back of a 40 year old man. HA!  He also said that he only slept for three hours a night. Wes had already told Jim that all he does is sleep. This guy has a future in politics. Too funny.

Still haven't got that cleaning done. Geez,  The walls are covered in dust from this floor installation and that is probably my breathing problem. I asked if Jim would clean the walls so I could clean out the sewing room and get back to sewing. He said he would. YAY.

Everyone have a beautiful day. If it is very hot where you are (that covers most everyone) try to stay cool. I am praying for God's intervention in these deadly hot temps. If you are expecting a grand baby, that would be Thea, and Karla, congrats. And Karla, Happy Birthday to the new grandson. Babies are such a blessing. Take some time to quilt today, if you can.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:57 AM | Locked

Status = 63 years without strangling anyone - working on a small table topper quilt for Grampa Sweat - Tractors on one side and Ducks on the other - Spent my coupons at JoAnn for purple bugs and frogs plus riverstones - I am afflicted with Work, the curse of the quilting classes.

Have a nice day.

Joe

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:13 AM | Locked

Nana:

Marie

For some reason I have a really hard time not helping.  I don't lift the really heavy stuff but still move things that I really shouldn't.  Oh well...things will stop hurting soon.

Why are we so stubborn and independent when we know we will hurt later!!!   I guess that is why we are all still here fighting instead of watching the grass grow from the roots up! 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:21 AM | Locked

Joe:
Spent my coupons at JoAnn for purple bugs and frogs plus riverstones

Joe, have fun with those purple bugs and frogs.  Wish I had time to play with fun fabrics.  I do have a growing collection of butterflies that I am anxious to use.  Have been dreaming up butterfly quilts, but too many projects ahead of the fun.  There never seem to be enough hours in the day.  I was supposed to have a whole day to myself yesterday, but got the call from Rich - I need my secretary - so my day of quilting ended at 10:30 AM.  We got back home from trucking cattle at 6:30 last night.  Just time to get supper, watch a little baseball and Olympics, then early to bed to start another day.  Today is grocery shopping for us and Rich's mother - over 2 hours of driving for less than an hour of shopping!  What a waste of time!  At least when I am riding in the truck, I get handwork done.  Bound one quilt yesterday!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,548
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:36 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I guess that is why we are all still here fighting instead of watching the grass grow from the roots up! 

Marsha, you are absolutely right about that!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 9:36 AM | Locked

OK, we've got a baby!  Logan was born at 9:31 pm (all day at the hospital), weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 19-1/2 inches long.  What a cutie!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Congratulations Karla .  What a wonderful anniversary present!   What a cutie.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:02 AM | Locked

CUTE. Karla, Logan's a keeper.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:13 AM | Locked

Kalra he is adorable . well wishes to all of you . Hope Mom is doing well . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:13 AM | Locked

Welcome to the world, Logan! What a beauty!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 623 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 621 622 623 624 625 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use