Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 620 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 618 619 620 621 622 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Went to Church. Great service. One of our elderly female members finally got back from her visit with family in Michigan. She drove 12 hours straight, just she and her little dog. We were worried sick. She is sick with one thing or another all the time. Over heats so bad. And, then off she goes all by herself. Well, she was at Church this a.m. A few of us were standing outside talking to the Pastor and his wife when she drove up. We all cheered..so glad to see her home, safe and sound. Said she had gotten back last night. She had her little doggie swimming in Lake Huron, she said, Such a darling lady. It was great to have her back in her same ole seat waving her same ole "church" fan.

After Church, went to a great new restaurant here. Hot and Cold Buffet. They have all kinds of seafood. It was wonderful. We will sure be going back there.

After lunch, went to Lowe's and checked out their room sized rugs. Decided on a beautiful 7 x10 with all the living room clors in it. So, got that  and a matching runner for the hallway off the living room. They are wonderful. Really grounds the room. Doesn't come close to cover ing up the new floor like I had it in my head that it would. I have seen in the decorating mags that people take them up in the summer for a cooler look. But, Lily slips and slides around. So, it will be there all the time. Now for the bedroom.

Oh, fun. Amy, the Organizer, is coming a week from Monday to help me make order to this mess. I am ready to say goodbye to some stuff.  I think I am. Well, we'll see when she gets here.

Hope everyone had a blessed day and that you have a wonderful evening.

Barbara you continue to amaze me with your abilities. You just jump right in there and get it the first time. Your quilting is beautiful. I love feathers, that is so plush looking to me. Great job.

Gini, How is the Bruin?  I bet he is a darling baby.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Barbara - your free motion quilting is really great.  Love the feathers!  I really need to get my act together and start practicing again.  I practiced for a short time after Joni and I took that class together at the LQS. 

Dave took a lap around the property this morning.  A "normal" lap is a half mile but he admitted that he took any shortcut that he could.  Still - less that two weeks after surgery -- he dun good.  :o) 

Joni and I had fun at Strip Club yesterday.  Some great show and tells.  This month's quilt is scrumptious.  Joni bought her background and border fabrics already.  I just got the strip bundle - pastel batiks.  I am buying the strip tube ruler and the pattern from last month too but won't get that until I go to work on Weds. as I wrote it up to get my employee discount. 

Yesterday afternoon and again today, I was trimming scraps for my charm and 2 1/2" square stash.  In Sherrie's last bunch of scraps, I found a bunch of 4 1/2" bug print squares so I am cutting some solid color 4 1/2" squares to use as the center square for some 9 patch blocks.  I think they will make a cute quilt for some little boy.  Sherrie is hosting a Project Linus sew day at the shop on Monday the 20th.  If I am not scheduled to work, I am going to go up and sew.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:07 PM | Locked

Barbara, you're taking the world by storm. I love your feathers! You can quilt my next top!

Ginny feel better fast!

I've been inventorying my canning jars and getting ready to start putting up this years' produce. The kitchen is gonna get HOT over the next few days. Hubby is supposed to get me a couple of lugs of mators sometime soon, and the cucs will be ready to pickle any day.

Lady whe bought the house from just called and asked if we were in the market for another pet... her daughter needs a home for a young tom turkey. I told her NO!!!! Absolutely, most definately NOT. We have enough trouble with the bird-brains we already have running around here.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

But CC --- just think about Thanksgiving dinner on the hoof.  I wonder what Jenni would think of that "big chicken"  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

Marge did you see the latest issue of Am Patch and Quilt? One of their subscriber featured quilts is form Griffin!! Her name is Wanda Hurdeski. Do you know her? The quilt is so pretty. She probably got her fabric from AST.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

I noticed that too Sukochi.   I wonder if she is a member of the quilting group at Joni's church.  I don't recognize the name.  I can get on of the gals to check the computer at the shop to see if she is a regular customer there. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 6:34 PM | Locked

Diana:
I've sewn so many bindings, I've got a callous on my middle finger 'cuz I forgot my thimble....ouch.   I have a bandaid on it now and hope it will help.

Diana, A little tip for when you forget your thimble.  This is from someone who HATES thimbles.  When the callous on my finger cracks or I sew something a little tough, I put clear fingernail polish where the callous is (or should be).  I have done this for many, many years.  I just bought a new bottle of fingernail polish a few days ago to carry with my hand sewing for the truck.  The one I have now is a base coat/top coat type.  It lasts a long time and seems to be flexible enough to help with the feel of the needle but not the HURT of it when it decides to back into an unprotected finger. 

I don't know why I can't use a thimble - have tried every type, even remade the soft leather and elastic type to just cover the fingertip, but still doesn't work for me.  Have also tried bandaids, duct tape, electrical tape, etc.  They work but are a nuisance to keep stuck on the finger and somehow the eye of the needle makes holes in them and I ALWAYS hit the hole with nearly every stitch.  With the polish, if it wears thin you can just add more.  (And it doesn't show like black tape does!)

We had a cooler day today after some storms came through, but it was 80 at 9 AM!  The last 2 days we had 94.  I don't do heat!  At least I have gotten some quilting done during this heat.  I even did 2 bindings while riding in the truck while we were moving cattle around this week (with the air conditioner blasting).  My nail polish worked very well.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

thea and ginny, i'm sorry you are in so much pain, get better soon.

barbara, WOW, your quilting is getting sery good.

sukochi, little bruin is doing great and so is his little family

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 7:24 PM | Locked

Thea:
Happy Friday is right!  I had such a bad day yesterday - couldn't log in to QCA - well I could log in but couldn't do much else - it seemed like it took 10 minutes to load a page and the way I was feeling I didn't have that patience.

I blamed that slowness on our poor internet service.  Guess others had problems also.  I just gave up on trying all weekend.  Didn't have the patience to wait...... and wait........ and wait......!!  Am trying to catch up now.

Rich and I have been feeling the storm systems that have been threatening.  He is stiff and achy and I felt like a fleet of trucks ran over me during the night.  Takes longer to get the creaky joints loosened up and let the morning meds work.  Am better this afternoon - some bad storms passed through this afternoon.  Before they came, my head felt like a baloon ready to burst.  Fortunately I take pain meds daily that seem to work for me.  They don't work for many - I guess I am one of the lucky ones.  My flare-ups just seem to come before weather changes and I have more break-through pain and headaches.  They only additional relief I have is Tylenol.  I have been told it enhances the pain meds when I need more help.

I wish you could get some relief from your neck problems and other pain.  Nerve pain is the worst and hardest to treat.  Not much touches that type of pain.  That is why fibromyalgia is so hard to treat.  Also, nerves take a long time to heal.  It is 2 1/2 years since I had one knee replaced, and some of the deeper nerves are coming "alive" now.  Now the knee either feels like it is being poked with needles or sometimes having burdocks under the skin!  Also intense itching which scratching doesn't help because the skin is still numb!  It is lots better than the pain I had before, though.  At least I can walk. 

Thea:
will be cut into pieces for a 9 patch quilt - it is all rainbow colors with black as the background color - I hate working with black but I love the quilts that you make with it as a background fabric...

That sounds like my dream-type of quilt.  I have always wanted to make a stained-glass type quilt with black and rainbow colors.  Maybe I will try it when these pesky wheelchair quilts are done.  Have been sandwiching, quilting, and binding all week.  I have forgotten what the first quilt tops were.  It is fun dragging them out of the pile and finishing them up.  They are all laid out in a pile in the livingroom right now - at least 12 or 13 left to quilt.  Whenever I get 3 quilted and get the bindings sewn on ready for finishing, I find another unfinished top!  I don't really know how many quilts I have started for this project and I have a few kits left that I haven't sewn yet.

Need to wash quilts and take another set of pictures so that everyone will see I have really been quilting!!!  Wish I didn't have to ride in the truck so much, but at least I get the bindings finished there.  Hope to see your rainbow quilt soon! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 7:35 PM | Locked

Barbara:
I've included a picture of all the compass I've done so far .

I love all your PP compasses but especially like the red, white and black one.  I also especially like the top blue and yellow one.  These makes me want to try paper-piecing, but I don't have time to try it now.  Maybe in the future --------  So many projects, so little time!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Sukochi

FYI if you don't take up and let the light, dirt etc. get to it it will be lighter the then uncovered sections in just a year or two.  I take mine up and also move furniture around to let my floor darken together.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:12 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana, I'll start paying attention to ads on line.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:37 PM | Locked
I hate to say it because I feel bad that so many others are hurting so bad, but it is good to know I'm not the only one. Ginny, so glad you're back home. I'll pray that a combo of pain meds and Jesus takes your pain away real soon! I started my first hand embroidery project tonight. Very scary, but a lot of fun too! It's perfect cause it's a 12X 12 wall hanging, and it's easy enough for such a beginner! Gotta go because I want to get back to it and it's hot in my dining room, where my PC is. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Hugs to all!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:08 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

Just posted more pics to my gallery page. Pics are of quilts I finally finished in July. Would love to get everyone's opinion on them. Thanks

Richard just went and checked out your quilts,that's an impressive collection of quilts. Hard to pick the one I like best.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

Marge ,thank you so much. I'm trying really hard to learn all I can. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 620 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 618 619 620 621 622 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use