Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 5 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:43 PM | Locked

Brother came, demanded, called me horrible things, all in front of Maddie. Instead of asking me to meet him at motel 1.3 miles  from my house Like I wanted to do in the first place,he starts in on me cause he drove all Day. So i drove to motel and then flipped out when he called me names. I flipped as I drove 11 times between FL and TN while our parents were dying, while he stayed in NY and did not even call. He hated them till they had something he could get a part of. I am so hurt. I am not surprised at all as the last time I saw him was 12 yrs ago outside a motel I dropped him off at when he had stayed with me and then attacked me while on drugs and the fight was practically identical. I only agreed to meet him becaue=se I knew my mom would have wanted me to try. Now it id done so now I am an only child(that was the way MOm had wanted it so many years ago) and now an orphan. I am tired of life being so unfair.Thank God for Marlene as I called her close to hysterical and she was able to talk and calm me down alot.. I will have to see what she charges for therapist sessions. :)

Son had DIL here today during the day and then she left note upstairs for Maddie about how much she misses her and loves her. yet she can not pick up the phone and somehow I am the bad guy again. DIL is now talking about getting back with son and I am sorry I do not trust her and I think she is desparate and needs someone to take care of her and she will break everyone heart again in another week. Yet, he is mad at me for being cautious. He begged me to let her stay here after he goes to work tomorrow and I finally just said No as I am upset and I said if I say the wrong thing everyone will get all ticked off. I just do not want to be with her and watch her play up to Maddie. he can do it while he is home. Should not be my job!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

Diana,

Congrats on good reports.

Nan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Oh Nan.  My heart breaks for you.  I wish I could give you a big hug.  You will be in my prayers tonight.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:51 PM | Locked

Maggie:
From what it looks like from the outside, I think peanuts might be their biggest food group.   LOL

And beer ROTFLOL. Well I guess we best leave this one alone. LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:54 PM | Locked

mars92:

Maggie:
From what it looks like from the outside, I think peanuts might be their biggest food group.   LOL

And beer ROTFLOL. Well I guess we best leave this one alone. LOL

If you and Linda go in, I want pictures!  They always seem to have a lot of cars parked there.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:56 PM | Locked

Nan, I am so sorry you are going through this.   I think you are right -- he should not bring her into your home.  Hugs from me too

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:05 PM | Locked

You're in my prayers too Nan.  Getting hit from all sides.  When my sister was ill, she could be pretty mean, and a few years ago did have a sort of mental relapse for a while.  We are close again however, but it will never be like it was before that 'relapse.'  But still on her worst days, I don't think she has ever been as bad as your brother.

Sounds like your daughter in law is an expert manipulator, and you are right not to trust her. 

Diana, I am so glad your husband got good reports.

I saw a bob cat on the way home today.  Had another bob cat around the house several years ago.  He wanted our ducks, but we closed them up in the big duck house.  Wildlife department came out and set up a live trap, (to capture him without injury and move him to a better location.)  We could see by the tracks in the snow for the next couple days that he circled the trap and didn't go after the bate.  Watched the ducks thought the window, and went around the house going up the steps and looking in every window that was low enough to see into.  Then we never saw him again.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:18 PM | Locked

great news diana

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:19 PM | Locked

nan, i wish i could give you a big hug.  hang in there

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:20 PM | Locked

Patti:

I saw a bob cat on the way home today.  Had another bob cat around the house several years ago.  He wanted our ducks, but we closed them up in the big duck house.  Wildlife department came out and set up a live trap, (to capture him without injury and move him to a better location.)  We could see by the tracks in the snow for the next couple days that he circled the trap and didn't go after the bate.  Watched the ducks thought the window, and went around the house going up the steps and looking in every window that was low enough to see into.  Then we never saw him again.

Are the bob cats afraid of humans?   I've heard when they lose their fear that they are more dangerous.     Yikes. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:27 PM | Locked

They are pretty reclusive, so it is rare to see one.  I don't think they would be a problem unless they were cornered.  But if you have any domestic cats, you won't have them long is they stay outdoors.  Neighbor's up the road lost all there barn cats (over 20) within a couple days.

Cougars, which are in the area are a lot more scary.  Magnificent, but dangerous. Not too many encounters though.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:37 PM | Locked

Even though Phoenix is a big city, we have a lot of mountain preserves so the Coyotes make their appearances in peoples backyards.  Not too unusual to lose a small dog to the critters.  They can jump a 6 foot fence with no problem. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:50 PM | Locked

KATHY :
Got there 5 mins before 9 when they opened at 9.

Grrrr, that's one of my gripes about the local Joann's.  They don't open until 10 a.m.   I'm an early riser, and if I'm driving to town, I want to get to my destinations early and get out of Dodge before the traffic gets heavy.  I would love if our Joann's opened at 9:00.

Glad you found some good deals, Kathy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:52 PM | Locked

Nana:
His response....  " don't you have enough wips and ufos to keep you busy without buying fabric to start something else? "

Wow, he actually used those acronyms?  He is getting smart!  Poor Nana....  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:57 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I have to travel about 35 minutes to the nearest Joann's and we don't have a lot of choice either.  There are a couple of LQS the same distance but they don't carry fabric I like.  This last year I have mostly shopped online which has its drawbacks. 

I always tell people how great it is that I have 5 quilt shops within 30 miles of my home, but in reality that is 30 miles north, south, east, and west.  They all involve that same drive you are talking about, Spud.  That's one of the downfalls to living on acreage away from the hustle and bustle of town.  I guess I'll put up with the drive.  It could be a lot worse.

Page 5 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.