Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 440 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 438 439 440 441 442 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 2:03 PM | Locked

Mary here are some pictures of the quilting bible I made , to give you and idea these are all the stitches that your machine makes .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, May 14 2012 3:06 PM | Locked

Karla,  I am sorry to hear of your MILs sudden illness.  I will keep your family in my prayers.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 14 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Barbara, this is wonderful. Someday, I  would like to get brave enough to dive in and see what all MY stitiches do.  Someday..........

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

Okay...my son who lives in town was supposed to come over yesterday for Mother's Day. We were BBQing steaks. He had to work at 5 pm and TEXTED me that he didn't want to rush our visit so could he come today since he's off all day. I said sure and let the steaks marinate until today. Have I heard from him? No. Texted him and called him. Message said the number couldn't be accessed at this time. 

Hubby said maybe he got lucky. I said, "I gave him life." He said maybe it's a supermodel that will support him. I repeated, "I GAVE HIM LIFE."

I went through a miserably hot summer pregnant with him without AC because it was broken. I gave birth to him 5 months later during a blizzard. One lousy day a year and he cannot make it! 

Oh well...another thing to make him feel guilty about. lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

Karla, so sorry to hear about your MIL. Will keep you and her in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, May 14 2012 5:20 PM | Locked

You  are right-- so right buthe will probably just put off the inevitable for even longer.  Don't let it eat you up.  When he finally does arise,  just say Oh, didn't you come over then.  It must have been a dream then.  I thought you were here and brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses.  Now I am disappointed.  LOL   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 14 2012 5:38 PM | Locked

Wel, Mary, I hope you enjoy his steak!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

congrats on the new machine Liz.  I have that machine too.  I love mine.  Even though I have had it for a while, I am still learning new things about it. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 5:46 PM | Locked

Karla - prayers for you and your family.  You know that we are all out here standing behind you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Mon, May 14 2012 8:33 PM | Locked

Barbara, love your stitching bible, any advice before I get started with mine?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

Karla, prayers going your way for you MIL.

Liz, congratulations on the new machine. I know you will enjoy it very much.

Mary, I know what you're saying about your ungrateful son!!! I didn't hear a word from my oldest daughter, and she is the one that usually visits me on Mother's Day. I had a pc from my youngest daughter, and my son and dil came out to visit for a while. Otherwise, I spent the day alone. Poor,poor me!!! I still haven't heard from the oldest.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:43 PM | Locked

Marie just make sure you number your stitches with what is on your machine and the mode you have them in, otherwise you will spent all your time hunting them down.  Just take your time and have fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:00 PM | Locked

Karla, so sorry to hear the sad news of your mother-in-law.  Sending up prayers...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

Liz, enjoy your new machine!  Whenever a friend asks what sewing machine to buy, I share all the good comments I hear about the Janome 6600 or 7700.  I think you made a good purchase!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:23 PM | Locked

Having a good time at our small retreat close to home.  Sixteen gals are sharing this house...

Do you see the garage doors in that picture?  Here is a view inside the garage.  Where are the doors?  ...behind a sheetrock wall.  The room is well lit and there is ample room for each quilter.

This was taken in the "great room" (kitchen, dining, living room).  You can see where we've set up ironing stations and cutting boards.  We are taking turns preparing meals in teams.

This is a typical bedroom.  There are three on the main floor and five in the lower level.  We share three bathrooms.

Myrna finished the first quilt!  (It helps that only the binding was left to do.)  This one is paper pieced.

Dee finished the second quilt!  It's a scrappy.

Janet showed off "Strawberry Shortcake" which is absolutely darling, but everyone was more intrigued with the textured minky back than they were with her piecing.

Patti is understandably proud of her Grandmother's Flower Garden which she has been hand-piecing over several years.  She's now starting the hand quilting.

And what am I up to?  I'm cutting out 99 apple cores from bright juvenile prints for a twin-sized quilt I making for a local church mission - my first charity quilt.

My friend Terri is here, and she is working on MQ 6.  I posted her picture in that discussion thread.

I'm wondering if the elves will be making an appearance tonight.  This might not be the right crowd.  They'd be smart to start slowly....

• | Post Points: 50
Page 440 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 438 439 440 441 442 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use