Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 439 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 437 438 439 440 441 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:14 AM | Locked

karla, i'm sorry to hear about your MIL.  hugs coming your way.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:15 AM | Locked

liz, how exciting, i'll be expecting to see wonderful things come  flying out of your new machine

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:15 AM | Locked

Prayers with you and your family Karla.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:18 AM | Locked

Liz

Congratulations on the new baby.  I know that you will love your new Janome.  Have fun playing with her.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:20 AM | Locked

Karla

So sorry to hear about you MIL>  Sounds like she has had a good long life but that doesn't make it any easier.  Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

Liz, congrats on the 6600, I know you'll love it, it's a JANOME after all!  I have the Verizon 7700 and have decided to pretend it's new to me, 3 years old, and start from square one to re-learn all about it.  I finally got a chance to watch my Quiltsy class on stitches that I bought before I went to Fl. this year and I'm all geared up about learning what my machine is capable of.  Good luck with yours and can't wait to see what you accomplish over the summer.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

Marie and Liz now don't foget to make your quilting bible ,I know its alot of work but you will love having all the stitches to see when you need them , , so look foward to see your books Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:16 PM | Locked

Karla:
Please keep us all in your prayers.
Karla - you are definitely in my prayers - I am so sorry that you are going through this at this time, I know how stressful this is to do.  Please take care of yourself - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:19 PM | Locked

Dawn:

Have our middle GD for the week.  She just turned 4.  She has a head full of the most fun curls!  I just hope I can manage them!  It takes a little finese!  I get to start bowling on my Mom's league, not sure I like being a "senior", but on bowling leagues, 50 is considered a senior.  I sure don't FEEL like a senior . . .   :-)  I guess that is good.  Going to leave GD at DD so she can take her nap.  Then after that, we bowl w/another group.  I will probably only bowl one game tonight.  Don't think I can handle 6 games in one day.  Happy Monday everyone!

Dawn - sounds like you are having a great day - I haven't bowled in years - used to love it a lot doubt now that I could get a ball down the lane.  I definitely agree that 50 is not the senior years - I am close to 60 and don't feel that I am a senior yet - in my mind I am still a kid - my body keeps trying to tell me I am not but I don't listen very well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:20 PM | Locked

Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz):
Hi all...I just had to stop in and share that today I bought myself a new Janome 6600P machine
Congratulations Liz... one of my machines is the Janome 6500 and I love it - not much different then the 6600.  I am sure you are going to have a ton of fun - this will be quite a change for you!  Again congratulations.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:22 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I will be working Weds. and Thurs. this week.  On Friday we will head down to FL. - spend Friday evening with Dave's daughter and family. 

Marge you are busy busy busy... send me just a tiny bit of that energy please.  I will be praying that your week is just wonderful and that your visit is fantastic.  It is fun to be without WIFI for a few days - I truly enjoyed our cruise when we were out there with basically nothing for the 6 days.  It was quiet and so so enjoyable.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:22 PM | Locked

Karla, I'm sending you vertual hugs and prayers.

Liz congrats on the new baby. Haveing seen what you do with your basic blue Kenmore, I can't wait to see how far you can go with a top of the line toy!

Beautiful sunshine here today, but the forcast calls for rain later in the week.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Marie and Liz now don't foget to make your quilting bible ,I know its alot of work but you will love having all the stitches to see when you need them , , so look foward to see your books Barbara

Okay...what's a "quilting bible"???

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

Karla....prayers for comfort and strength are coming your way. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know what it's like. You are in my heart and my prayers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:39 PM | Locked

I am having one of those painful days.  I was going to get up first thing this morning and go to the UPS store and mail the package to the kids..

Anyway that was my plan but I woke up in horrific pain - the arthritis has been attacking my pelvic area for months now and it moves into my lower back also - it riled its ugly head today - I took pain meds first thing hoping that they would stem the pain but they were no help...so I laid in bed not being able to get up for what seemed like hours - turned the heat up to get some warmth to those areas - then the phone rang - the man in NY making sure that I had sent the cashier's check as he was going to order the dumpster and didn't want to get stuck with the cost if I wasn't going to send it - I ensured him that it had gone out in the mail on Saturday - I had tried to get it out on Friday but my Mailman came really early Friday...

Saturday mailman didn't come till late again so I thought that since I didn't think I would get to the UPS store today with the package that I at least could put the check in the mail to assist the kids with the summer programs they are enrolling the GKs in... well I took some more pain meds and as soon as they started to take affect got up and wrote the check out and got an envelope - wrote a note and headed out to the mailbox - 10:30 this a.m.   and the mail man came through early again - so decided that I had to get to the post office to get it mailed out as I thought DDIL was enrolling them this Wed and needed the money - so felt that my stubborness would get me to the UPS store and the PO ...

Got the package and out to the car I went - OH it hurt!!! but I got to the UPS store, the PO and was home - gone less then 15 minutes - went to find the phone which I knew was on the counter in the kitchen and it was gone... what did I do with it... so I went to get the other one and to ping the 1st one that had been on the counter - was afraid that one of the cats had knocked it in the trash bag and I had taken the trash out as today is trash day...

I am one stubborn person - wish you could have seen my pushing that garbage container out to the road - one hand holding my back as I tried to push it...

Anyway, I am pinging the phone and I can barely hear it in the front room - I go into the front room and my Mom is sitting on the phone - she was hiding it from me... so I asked her if she knew where it was - I could barely hear it and she says NO - so I told her I could hear it in the area of her chair - and she says - Oh how did that get here... I asked her if she wanted to use it - that I was just hunting for it to make sure I hadn't dropped it in the trash or that the cats hadn't knocked it in the trash bag...

She said she was trying to call her friend - so I said fine - but no she handed me the phone and said she didn't need to call now... so i took the phone called my DDIL and then tried to give it again to Mom and she told me that her friend would be gone all day - so I said fine...

Then she informed me that she wanted to know why we had stolen her cane - as it wasn't next to her chair where she had last seen it... told her I didn't that I have my own and no need of hers... so I limped to the bathroom to see if she left it in there - Nope - go into the bedroom (which really at the moment is just a storage area as she sleeps in the living room in her chair) and the cane is on her dirty clothes hamper - she has no idea how it got there... DH or I must have done it for some reason...

I just walked away after giving her the cane - Just am in too much pain for the games today...

I am thinking that we must have a weather system coming through the area for all the arthritis pain that I am in... glad we have leftovers from last nights wonderful dinner that DH made for us for dinner tonight...I am in my chair with the heat on my lower back and legs...

I am happy though I was stubborn enough to get to the UPS store and the PO so that the kids will have their package this week... DH may probably be mad at me for driving but I'll smile at him and give him my best attitude that all will be okay...teehee...

Quilty hugz to all!

Page 439 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 437 438 439 440 441 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use