Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 437 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 435 436 437 438 439 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:13 PM | Locked

Barbara,

Your Flying Home is beautiful. You've done a great job.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I am so glad you can go to Nan's.  I am sure you two will have a great time together.

As for Katie, my prayers are with her family.  May all our prayers help get Katie through this difficult time.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:33 PM | Locked

I'm packing this evening for a small local quilting retreat that runs Monday through Thursday - sixteen of us sharing 8 bedrooms in a cabin on a small lake 20 miles south of home.  Back in January, this retreat sounded like a good idea, but now I'm wondering where my head was.  It's May and my garden is feeling sorely neglected!  Oh well, it will be fun and I can work on Leavenworth row quilts and my first charity quilt.  I'm not sure if there will be Internet, so if not, I'll talk to you all Thursday evening!

(Francis - loved seeing your birds!  What you called a gold crest is our golden-crowned kinglet. Our goldfinch is something entirely different - yours seems exotic in comparison!)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:42 PM | Locked

Barbara, your paper pieced block is ...wow. Just perfect.  You do such beautiful work.  Thanks for sharing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:55 PM | Locked

Just got calls from my three sons for mothers day.  Today was a quiet day. Did laundry, cleaned house, and went for a nice long walk with my friend.  I managed to sew too which was great.   I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,550
Debbie-do replied on Sun, May 13 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

Marie:

Lots of videos on making these Kanzashi flowers can be found here.  Scroll down to the K's, great videos.

http://www.joggles.com/tutorials.htm

Thanks Marie! Looks like a site I can spend hours on!!  I sure wish I didn't have to get up early tomorrow but I'm forced to save it for another day.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,550
Debbie-do replied on Sun, May 13 2012 11:11 PM | Locked

Barbara, I love that compass.  You inspire me!  Just wish I had more time.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, May 13 2012 11:45 PM | Locked

Barbara

Really neat star pattern,  Love it.  I need to get back to my "stars" too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 14 2012 6:39 AM | Locked

Angele:
As for Katie, my prayers are with her family

Angele, thank you so much for the prayers for our Katie. Please don't stop. When we went into Church yesterday a.m. that girl, who the night before had been lying across a row of chairs, weak, grey, sick, was, Sunday morning, up dancing, smiling, happy, and her blood count was NORMAL.   Miracles Do happen.

To day I continue on with the binding of Amy's quilt. They leave for Mexico on Sat. so have to have it done. Wed. nite is the deadline. I have to pack for Nan's then.  I am such a s l o w hand stitcher. I have a bout 4 hours into this and I have only managed to finish ONE short side. I thought I would have help this week, but she is ill. So, I am stuck. If I work all day until bedtime every night for three days. i will get it done.

Rained hard all day yesterday. The world is beautiful, green and lush. I love rain.

The Youth Group will come the first Saturday in June to do the major weeding in our flower beds and general woods cleanup.  We might get the mulch and have them put that out also. That will take a lot off of us. We will cook out hamburgers and hot dogs for their lunch. and they will be good to go. They do this for donations. Great idea, and keeps the kids busy.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Mon, May 14 2012 7:03 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I wish I was closer. I love putting and hand stitching the binding on a quilt!  To me it is the final step before it being in full use!

Ant I will definitely keep Katie and her family in my prayers.

Have fun at Nan's!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Mon, May 14 2012 7:29 AM | Locked

I'm with you Angele.   I love to do bindings.  My favorite part of a quilt because when it's finished, it's finished.  I've been told I do nice bindings too.  I try to make them as neat and clean as possible. 

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, May 14 2012 8:02 AM | Locked

You're welcome Debbie-do.  I spent too much time there and I don't intend to get into it.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

Thank you everyone for all your kind words on my stars, I really do appericate it ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Nancy ,have a wonderful time , there are no bad times for retreats LOL  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:08 AM | Locked

Got the binding on my French Garden quilt and started designing the quilting for a friend.  It is going to be more elaborate and finiky than anything I have worked on to date. I finished all the string blocks for a charity quilt, now they just need to be squared and start the quilt as you go.  I made a blender full of mixed fruit ( I cut them up for fruit salad but got tired of chew,chew,chew)  and OJ to drink on the deck while I contemplated the quilt, the birds and the inside of my eyelids.  Turns out a blender of healthy fruit can be improved by adding a little vodka.  Who knew??!! I have been told that coconut rum may have worked better.  I may try it this weekend when we go to visit DH sister and husband.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 437 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 435 436 437 438 439 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use