Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 436 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 434 435 436 437 438 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,248
Points 239,907
Thea replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:05 PM | Locked

Happy Mother's Day to all you women quilters!  Am having a very lazy day.  I went to church and then rested when I came home - gave Mom her card and her flowers - then helped Jay in the back yard - it is starting to look very pretty again.  We are going to try and get all the areas cleaned up so that when the grand kids visit the end of July that Reese my all boy grandson won't find a nail to step on from one of the old sheds that have rotted out... they will hopefully all be gone... I am going to put up our tent out there for them and the gazebo tent and get them a cool swing set to play on... 

Getting excited about the chance they might come - we are hopeful but nothing is written in stone yet.  I still have to find the discs for the camera I gave them for the software - everything in the house is all misplaced since I moved Mom in - moved all my stuff into that small room and did it with no real organization - I am paying for that now... so at the moment checking in while I rest and then going to go hunt and see if I can't dig them up...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,248
Points 239,907
Thea replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:08 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
This morning, I am very weak after  very bad esophageal spasm, one of the worst yet. This morning I felt like I had been flogged almost to death. I read the email about Zander , read the beautiful, beautiful card from my sweet son, Bobby and opened the gift my best friend and precious DH gave me. It was a 14 ct white gold Cross. So beautiful and such a perfect time to receive such a gift. I feel wonderful now.

Prayers will take care of you too Sukochi and you are in mine today!  I am happy that they gave you such a wonderful gift - My DH and DS gave me a beautiful cross about 20 years ago and although I don't wear it all the time it is my favorite necklace to wear - I don't wear it when I am cleaning the chain or wearing my pearls which I love too...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,248
Points 239,907
Thea replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

Barbara:

this is what I worked on today ,trying to catch up on some of my paper piecing projects. this one is from the Mariners compass project  going on in PP group .its called Flying home ,I have been doing mine in 30's reproduction fabrics , just to be different ,,LOL  Barbara

Your star is awesome Barbara - glad to see you got to the sewing machine!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,248
Points 239,907
Thea replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:14 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Ds1 is exstatic. I told him to go mow the lawn. I wasn't really thinking about it when I said it, just designating chores for the day, but he's never done it before so it's a big rite of passage for him. To think in a few years, it'll be a fight to get him to do it....

Oh CC what memories - I remember when DS got to ride and mow the lawn with the riding lawn mower for the first time - oh what a day it was!  Then when he was a teen it was like pulling teeth to get him to do it and we kid him now because the last time he mowed our lawn he was complaining about doing it and he did about 1/4 of it and was halfway to the back of the lot when the old rider just quit and never started again... we tease him that it was all his fault - it took us a long time to get the lawn mowed that year - push mowers are no fun!  but you brought back some good memories...

Glad Sprout allowed you to mess up your shirt - good of him! teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

CC, sorry DB had to go home today, glad your children are giving you a great Mothers Day.  Sounds like Bossman 2 has an "oink, oink" for a son-in-law and maybe why his daughter has a drinking problem.  Give Sprout a hug from one of his grams and one each for you and the rest of your family.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

Barbara, your Flying Home block is beautiful!  You are such a talented lady!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, May 13 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

Barbara, I love that Flying Home block. I'd never have thought of adding black to repro prints, but it's very effective!!

Sprout took a nice long nap on his big sister today so I was able to get out and do some weeding in the flower beds. (Hadn't done it before because there was a belly in the way. I couldn't reach very far and still breath!) For as much fussing as our seller does about "her" gardens, it rather looks like she negelected the weeding. I know her DH has a love affair with weed spray, so maybe it was just that every time she tried to weed, he'd show up with the Round-up and she'd have to run him off? LOL Anyway, the hens are happy to get a bucketful of 'pullins' to nibble on, and I now have a better idea what perinials we have. The Shasta Daisies are taking over, so I'll have to find someone who needs some filler plants. We have quite an iris patch too, and it seems due for thinning.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,676
Points 65,790
Bonita replied on Sun, May 13 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Barbara, your star is beautiful. Wonderful choice of colors.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, May 13 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Lots of videos on making these Kanzashi flowers can be found here.  Scroll down to the K's, great videos.

http://www.joggles.com/tutorials.htm

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, May 13 2012 5:39 PM | Locked

Barbara:
this one is from the Mariners compass project  going on in PP group .its called Flying home ,I have been doing mine in 30's reproduction fabrics

Barbara,  I love the contrast and colors in this compass.  I like this one so much that I am tempted to join in this project, but I have too much on my plate right now with the fun mysteries and the wheelchair quilts. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, May 13 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

Gee everyone thanks so much for all the wonderful words on my Flying Home block,  appericate ,it so much . I took a big chance using the 30's fabirc to do this project , but I've not been disappointed that I have done so . LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, May 13 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Marge thanks for the info , I feel so stupid ,I get the clothtide catalog and never even thought about ordering them for  there . Daahhh! BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, May 13 2012 8:05 PM | Locked

Barbara love your block, the black fabric sets it off perfectly.

CC   Sprout is one lucky baby to be born into such a loving family. 

DS and his father-in-lavv and brother-in-lavv cooked for all the mom's today -- DS makes killer white enchiladas  (a pound of cheese for each pound of chicken almost)   homemade bean dip and chocolate brownies and ice cream for dessert -- YUM!  They also did all the cleanup.  Way to go guys!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, May 13 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

Maggie,

What a great group of guys you have there. Sounds like a wonderful day and yummy food.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

CC you are not a terrible daughter for wishing you could have provided the best care possible for your dad.  I think you are a very caring daughter.  I think that if my parents would have gone into a seniors appt. about five years ago, dad would be happy.  Mom on the other hand would haunt us as she is still balking at the possibility that they might have to go.  Unfortunately, it is too late for dad.  He would suffer a great amount of stress, as he has limited vision and has gotten frail.  

You are a warm caring person, and you would want the best for your dad.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 436 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 434 435 436 437 438 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use