Page 3 of 659 (9871 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 48,505
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Great news Diana about your DH.  I do hope you will get good news from his electrocardiogram too.  And then it will be what to do from there and keep your optimism and your faith.  It goes a long way to get over a bad hump.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,018
Points 250,467
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:38 PM | Locked

Nana - I have the same kind of guy - he does what he can for me to help me and make me happy - but then there are days when he is just too lazy - but he works hard and that is a good thing - He does not bother me about my quilting though - he grew up with a quilting Mom and Grand mom and knows - you don't get between a woman and her quilting...he has his pool and I have my quilting - he does know all the terminology too - all the acronyms... it is kind of fun to have someone around like that because I bounce ideas off of him and his ideas are good - sometimes...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 48,505
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:42 PM | Locked

Nana:
He is my best friend as well as the love of my life.

I am with you Nana.  I also married my best friend, and the love of my life.  We have been together for 33 years now and he came with me to quilt shows because he knew that would make me happy.  We drove 2 1/2 hours to get there and then we went for 5 hours to get to another one.  That is truly love.  He will clean the kitchen when I go quilt.  He will surprise me and say how about we go for a ride and go to.... Some quilt store.  He's the best in my book!!!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:28 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

Careful Chocake2 not all men are worthy of your comment. If you gals married the right guys then they would appreicate your hobby and let you have all the stash you need.

Richard, I Did marry the right guy, one who gives me his unconditional support in everything I set my little mind too. If you'd read further, you'd have seen that the guy I am cussing this week is my boss - another dearly loved un-conditional supporter (altho, come to think of it, he never has handed me his credit card and sent me into the LQS ...). My problem with him stems from his misguided belief that I can perform miraculous tasks without breaking a sweat.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:31 PM | Locked

Diana:
He's had triglycerides as high as 1500....they were down to 159......Cholestrol was over 400 and is now 139.

WHOO-HOO! Way to go!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:40 PM | Locked

Sew...  Uh, oops. I meant "So..."  I just ran up the cred card ordering more information on all those things the bossman thinks I should "just learn by doing". Hopefully it'll help...

In the meantime, Hubby came up with some great ideas for goodies to stock in the shop, so now I have to research those. Doesn't leave much time for quilting, and Dang it all, I just had a really COOL idea for a new art quilt...   I'm ready to start drafting a pattern. Instead i'm reading text written in a language I don't speak (What the heck are "Dop" "Dop-stick" and "Lap", anyway...??? The only lap I know anything about is fast disappearing under this baby bump!) *sigh* Maybe tomorrow...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 48,505
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:42 PM | Locked

chocake2:
My problem with him stems from his misguided belief that I can perform miraculous tasks without breaking a sweat.

Chocake2, You are woman, you can do it!  I guess he has lots of faith in your abilities.  With what I have seen on these posts, I also think you can perform amazing tasks,  you might sweat a bit or too...lol but you will have a wonderful result.  Just don't forget to post pictures of the "miracles" !

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,812
Points 55,155
Ginny replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:55 PM | Locked

Gee Chocake2, to bad you aren't near me, My son is a jeweler and knows all about those things and loves when he can teach someone the ins and outs of what you are trying to do.  Dop is like a putty or glue-like substance that you heat up and put on the end of a dop-stick, like a piece of fairly small diameter doweling.  You stick the stone you want to shape on the end of it to hold it in place while you shape the stone on a lapidary machine.- the only way I know about this is thru watching him and just hearing him talk about those things....Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:21 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
Chatty people that we are, we are now onto "volume" #5! 

Thanks, Marsha.  I wondered why I couldn't respond to previous posts. They were all locked. I thought I was lost it. : )

Ok, with my limited memory.

Nan, I hope everything works out w/ Maddie, and DS and custody issues.  Hang in there! My thoughts and prayers are w/ you and family.

Everybody and families, get well!  You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily!

Now, my friend that was here at Christmas called today and is still sick also. He whined and said I could only talk to HIM, as he is still sick and has NO ONE to fix him soup or anything.  Poor baby.  Luckily I sent him a care package yesterday w/ soup and Tylenol, a forgotten Christmas present, etc.  Yes, I baby him too. : ) LOL

Tomorrow, picking up Linda and taking her to quilt shop or quilt shops depending on traffic and time.  It will be great to meet another person on the board. My second person. Yahoo! I am moving up in the world. Now we shall see how much damage we both can do at the LQS!  No Ms. Cricket can't come. : )

Come on Friday! 

Hugs to all

Marlene

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:28 PM | Locked

mars92:

Marsha-SM:
Chatty people that we are, we are now onto "volume" #5! 

Tomorrow, picking up Linda and taking her to quilt shop or quilt shops depending on traffic and time.  It will be great to meet another person on the board. My second person. Yahoo! I am moving up in the world. Now we shall see how much damage we both can do at the LQS!  No Ms. Cricket can't come. : )

Come on Friday! 

Hugs to all

Marlene

How exciting.   I'll be meeting Linda on 1/26 for the quilt show.       If you come up here to Quiltz, check out Patrick Lose's studio across the street from them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:30 PM | Locked

Nana:
don't you have enough wips and ufos to keep you busy without buying fabric to start something else?

Nana

WOW! I am impressed! I bet if you gave him a list of quilting terms he would know most of them.  I bet he could whip up a quilt too faster than Ms. Cricket can drive around the block.  And he cooks too?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:31 PM | Locked

Maggie

You live in AZ too?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:34 PM | Locked

Maggie:
How exciting.   I'll be meeting Linda on 1/26 for the quilt show.       If you come up here to Quiltz, check out Patrick Lose's studio across the street from them.

Maggie

I think we will be going to 35th ave on Northern as it is the biggest LQS and will have the largest selection of fabrics Linda likes.  That would be cool to see Patrick Lose's studio too. I wonder if we will have time. I don't pick up Linda until 11 am so I am going to Map everything for the best routes so we can try to get in as much as possible

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:35 PM | Locked

mars92:

Maggie

You live in AZ too?

I live near Thunderbird and the 51       

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

mars92:

Maggie:

Maggie

I think we will be going to 35th ave on Northern as it is the biggest LQS and will have the largest selection of fabrics Linda likes.  That would be cool to see Patrick Lose's studio too. I wonder if we will have time. I don't pick up Linda until 11 am so I am going to Map everything for the best routes so we can try to get in as much as possible

When you're at 35th Avenue S&V - look to the left (west)  you'll see Spud's Bar & Grill.         Have you been to 35th since they moved last July?   They are in same shopping center - just on the Northern Avenue side. 

Page 3 of 659 (9871 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use