Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 239 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 237 238 239 240 241 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:00 AM | Locked

abcquilting@yahoo.com:
What is the EQ7 and what is it used for?

Bettie

EQ7 is a computer program that you can use to design quilts.  You can also draw out your blocks and it gives you cutting directions or paper piecing patterns or templates ....  whichever you want.  It is lots of fun to play with.   I haven't upgraded to EQ7 from EQ6 yet but it does have more options in the newer program.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

Yayyy Marlene, so happy you found your blocks.  What a relief!   

Sitting here watching Ready TV this morning -- Quilting Arts was doing a sement on fabric painting and dyeing.  Now for Fons & Porter and then I will get up and be productive.

As much as I hate wearing this concrete tube (thats what it feels like) it does seem to be helping a lot.  Will head out to the garage and get some quilting done today. 

Have a great day everyone!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

Life is good, Mon thru Friday. Maddie is back to my best buddy and being happy and contented. Electrician and plumber are done, contractor is staining stairs and guys are doing touch up. It is all coming together. A/c heat unit is working after a crisis with some wires that came disconnected this morning.

So until weekend things are looking good. DS will have to work Sat so it will be much shorter time of dealing with DIL this week. I try real hard to just stay out of the way but when they are in my house it is not always easy. DS will move in to house this weekend and I expect DIL will be asked to help him, floors need to be cleaned and polished nice. this she will do. And she can set up Maddie's room. That will keep her down at his place and busy. It is sorta like she is the one needing entertained during the visits instead of Maddie.

Happy quilting for all.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:08 PM | Locked

Marlene, I can't think of a safer place to put your VB blocks than behind your ancient steamer  chest.  You just have to remember you put them there.   : )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:23 PM | Locked

good afternoon all - thought to get on here this morning but didn't happen... is a dreary rainy day in Oklahoma - forecast for TS this evening - no fun!  I woke to pain and more pain and Jay woke to a swollen face - his tooth is really bad so finally got him to go to a dentist - antibiotics and a date to have the tooth pulled and to start the work for his dentures in March... plus the cost - oh my!!!  no more buying fabric or patterns for me for at least 6 months...teehee... will keep me in check...My pain medication isn't working as well as it does on normal days so think I am going into a flare - yucky weather is the cause... Sunshine come back!!!

filled the Scentscy's with new scents so the house goes from cinnamon buns to hazelnut to vanilla beans - love the scents and found out my DIL is going to become a sales person so I know who will be getting all my orders from now on.

Order came last night for the cocoa from land o lakes - I had a butterscotch and Mom had hazelnut - yummy - tonight I'll try some cinnamon - love there cocoa - is so rich and made with water instead of milk which amazes me - I had searched and searched and finally someone made one that is as good as made from scratch...

I am resting up today - have meat on for stew tonight in crock pot and the rest of the day will be in my chair so that I have energy for pool tonight - Mom is going with us and she is excited... lol... told her was in a grungy bar and she is excited about seeing one of those...teehee... tomorrow her hair appointment and thurs the lawyer - so the week is flying by...

wishing warm quilty thoughts and hugz for all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:23 PM | Locked

Marlene that sounds just like something I would do, i'm so gald you found them.barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:52 PM | Locked
    I finally got our taxes taken care of, after a week of putting it off. I was on hold for more then an hour when I called the IRS for clearification on a few things. They pipe the same 'muzac' through, over and over, with no change, the entire time your on hold. I'm certain it's engineered to put you in a stuper. The could play that sh*t in daycares and dementia wards across the coutry and put all of the little kiddies and crazies into a drug-free drooling coma. Course their care takers would be in one too, but who cares...  no one would be causing mischief!
    Went to mail off the forms once had we had them all in order and post mistress met me in a near panic because she'd gotten an e-mail notifying her I hadn't concented to a UA for the PO job. I mailed the bleepin concent form more then a week ago.  I checked my e-mail box when we got home and had 3 nasty grams from the fed saying I had 24 hours to get it taken care of. They directed me to "go to this websight and fill out these forms". I did. The web sight said I had to go to ND to pee in a cup. It wouldn't let me say that was not an option, nor would it let me proceed until I seleced either Minot or Fargo.... It timed out while I fought with it and wouldn't let me back in. So I called the PO and told her the issue. She e-mailed the reginal director, who said "Oh yeah. we have that problem with MT applicants all the time. Call this 1-800 # and get scheduled at the local clinic." (If they knew it was an issue, why'd i have to go through all that in the first place??) SO I called...and sat on hold to the same brain numbing muzac for the required 147.2 minutes before I  finally talked to a guy who said he'd mail me a UA kit and I should take it to...the biggest Drug dealer/pusher in the state for processing. (Ok. It's a clinic...but they have a nasty reputation!)  I suggested I could speed things up by getting the kit from the local SO ..but no, that wouldn't work. It might break the chain of custody.  Yeah...sending it through the PO is gonna guarentee it gets to and from un-tampered with. We can't trust the cops not to mess with it.
    I think I'll go drool in the corner somewhere until the effects of that accursed muzac wears off...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

Marlene

Now that you have found your blocks could you please tell me what I did with the big stack of fabric that I laid out to cut pillow cases for Marge.   I can't find the blooming thing anywhere....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:21 PM | Locked

Lost blocks, lost cuts and lost minds. Oh, My!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 489
Points 9,215
Darlene replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:37 PM | Locked

Marlene

You are sooo lucky to have found your blocks.Could you look behind the trunk and see if mine are there too? I am sure the elves said they left mine at your house so I didn't need to worry.lol   Isn't that frusterating when you spend so much time looking for something and the one place you didn't look ;there they are.Tick tock goes the clock and still no blocks sewn.I better find someone to stand over me with a whip and make me put my nose to the sewing machine.Already the quilt police have been here and I am not allowed to make anymore quilt tops until I do some binding.Is it normal to have more than 15 quilts that need binding? I HATE binding .Why can't people just love them without binding lol.

Can't wait to see you at VB

Darlene (2manyhorses)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:41 PM | Locked

Darlene

Am I going to have to get the whips and chains out to get you making those blocks?  Ok girlie get with it......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:42 PM | Locked

Darlene - send your quilts that need binding to me - i have no problem doing the bindings... and would be very happy to help you out - shame on those quilt police!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

I found a new snack sensation.  It is a peanut butter made by the Peanut Butter Co out of NY.  It is a peanut butter blended with white chocolate.  Creamy smooth and really yummy.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:34 PM | Locked

Please, no more snack sensations. i am already big as the side of a small barn. But it sure sounds good. I wonder if you just bought peanut butter and melted sonme white chocolate cooking chocolate and mixed them together........... ; > }

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 489
Points 9,215
Darlene replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:55 PM | Locked

Oh Nana

I have been trying buuut the fabric is not playing together .I have bought 5 different fabrics special beach fabric and boohoo The "VB Ladies" blocks need to be special sooo maybe I should go and find something different.Tonight is Zumba and overnight we are to get 15cm of s**w so I wil be housebound and maybe I can get these done.

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Page 239 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 237 238 239 240 241 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use