rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:44 PM | Locked

Nana:

My DH is getting entirely to smart.  I mentioned the other night that I had finally found some fabric to do a certain quilt top that I have been contemplating for awhile.   His response....  " don't you have enough wips and ufos to keep you busy without buying fabric to start something else? "    Left me speechless which is highly unusual....ROFLOL.

LOL Nana. Now you know he's been listening all along.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

ARGH!!  MEN!! That should be a four letter word. 3 aren't enough to properly cuss it! 

Hussled out of here this AM for my next stone cutting class with Bossman 1 ...got there and had to chat with his daddy for 45 min. Then it was off to the shop. Another 45 min clearing away the clutter. Then an hour and a half of him telling me the basics...escentially stuff I already knew or could easily figure out myself, but still good to have refreshed in my mind. Then he hands me his momma's lapidary manula from back in 1968, loads the cutting maching in my car and tells me "Call when you want more stones."  HUH??? WHAT!!?? Did I just miss something here!??           Yipe...I am so in over my head!!

Spent a bit of time with Bossman2 after "class' and pounded my poor sad little head on his shoulder. He there-thered me and packed me off home to learn what I can. In between offering what encouragement he could, we discussed what I want to carry in the shop next year and brainstormed a bit on how to set it all up. It's pretty cool to be gaining so much more floor area! I can't wait to start ordering ths year's stock. :)  Gonna be a busy couple of weeks while we fiddle with that and get it all set up. It's always good to come home from a day with my co-workers and feel energized, with my creative spark lit.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 410
QCA Mandy replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:52 PM | Locked
Hi Quilt Daddy, I reposted your Quilter's Brain picture on the QCA facebook page. People are going to love it. Thanks for sharing it! QCA Mandy
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Oh, fine!! NOW what are you going to do? 

Go buy more fabric....ROFLOL.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

Thank You, QuiltDaddy! My DH does not say much to me about my stuff. He even built my sewing room in our garage. Guess I must have picked the right guy. Ha Ha  Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Chatty people that we are, we are now onto "volume" #5!  My day has been spent "backwards" sewing.  Everything I have tried has been frogged - again!.  I guess after yesterday's shakey day, I should have stayed away from the machine.  Since this was my last day to have the house to myself, I wanted to make some progress on quilting these small quilts.  I think I will just get out the even-feed foot and just do something simpler.  I need steady stitching, not unintentional zigzag and the occasional long or miss-placed stitches!  It takes too long to rip everything out and start again.  Tried marking patterns but couldn't get even close to the lines.  Whenever this weather decides to settle down, I can go back to FMQ.  I'll be steadier then.  For now, I need the feed-dog's guidance.

Hope everyone out there is getting rid of the bugs that have been "bugging" everyone.  Thought maybe I was coming down with one, but just my worn-out body fighting the weather.  As soon as winter decides to come and STAY, I will be better - unless some lake-effect storms show up.  We don't get much of the snow, but the pressure changes still happen here.  That's when the shakiness, fatigue and pain rear their ugly heads.  I need to go out and "hug" the wood stove.  That sure feels good on a day like today.  We are at the dividing line between the miserable rain and the winds and cold.  Lake-effect with high winds predicted. 

Heading to machine now to convert it back to normal sewing.  Have a little mending that needs a straight seam.  I free-motioned a seat seam on work pants yesterday, but better clothes need better stitching.  That was more like the old-fashioned darning I used to do.  The seam shouldn't split out again for him with all that stitching!!  The fabric will go next.

Feel better, everyone.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Hi Gang and thanks for the prayers.  DH had his echocardiogram but we don't know what the results of that are yet.  Diabetic clinic went great.  So good that they are releasing him back to the VA clinic here in town so we don't have to make that 150 mile round trip to the VA hospital.  That's a good thing.  His sugar counts are great and his cholestrol and triglycerides were so low that DH and I stopped her short and said "WHOA, What did you say those numbers were?"  He's had triglycerides as high as 1500....they were down to 159......Cholestrol was over 400 and is now 139.  It's all because of better eating habits.  He still eats a bit of junk...but limited.  And I cook most of our meals from scratch and not processed foods.  It really does make a difference and he has the numbers to prove it.  And he lost another 3 pounds as well.  Now if we could find out about his heart and COPD and where to go from here would be great.

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Diana

That is fantastic news.  Your DH is definitely doing something right.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Diana, Way to go! Keep taking care of your DH like you are and he will live to be a hundred. So glad for you . AS I to worry about my DH health too. Will keep you in my prayers. Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:38 PM | Locked

Nana:
Go buy more fabric....ROFLOL.

You go girl!!! LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:39 PM | Locked

Good news Diana!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

You bet, he seams to know what you do and and what makes you happy.

Spudgrandma:

You go girl!!! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Vivian :

You bet, he seams to know what you do and and what makes you happy.

Spudgrandma:

You go girl!!! LOL

He difinitely knows what I do and what makes me happy.  He will even take me to the LQS to buy the fabric.  He is really a great guy.  Maybe it helped that we really did grow up together.  We have been together since I was 15 and he was 16.  We married when I was 17.  He is my best friend as well as the love of my life.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Page 2 of 659 (9871 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use