rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:41 AM | Locked

Hello,

Being a newbee to Quilting I was wondering if any quilters live near Murphy, North Carolina 28906 tucked in the southwestern corner of NC,about 5 miles from GA and 3 miles from TN.  Please let me know if I have any neighbor quilters

Tamra

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Tamra:

Hello,

Being a newbee to Quilting I was wondering if any quilters live near Murphy, North Carolina 28906 tucked in the southwestern corner of NC,about 5 miles from GA and 3 miles from TN.  Please let me know if I have any neighbor quilters

I live in Maryville, TN in the Smoky Mountains. I hope you will consider joining us on one of our retreats. Sara Wall, also a member, has a lodge on Douglas Lake in Sevierville, TN. We are having a retreat there the end of October if you are interested. There are several of us in East TN and we always have room for a fellow quilter to come and visit. Join the Retreats group for more info or message me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,385
Points 115,345
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:02 AM | Locked

Patti:

Actually, I was thinking of adding a spring one, so I could go to both!  But it is certainly something we can discuss at retreat next month.

Patti, I should have internet hook up on our trip and will try to get you what information I find out so you can discuss with the others at Leavenworth. So far  I have two places to look at.

Beachcombers Haven at Gleneden Beach and Twin Rocks Friends Camp at Rockaway Beach. I did email the people at Rockaway Beach and was told they could accomodate a group October through March but are booked up the rest of the year. 

If anyone else knows of a possible place on the Oregon Coast for a retreat, let me know. If it's near our route down the coast I'll check it out if at all possible.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Judy, they both look great.   Have a fantastic vacation!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,465
Points 49,915
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:36 AM | Locked

YA know Tamra, I said yesterday that my Aunts had lived in Columbia ,NC but I was wrong they lived in Columbus, NC I checked my address book to refer to the zip code, but theirs was 28722. I guess not near where you are at all.  They were fairly close to Asheville.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

THAT looks nice-  good job!

Rockaway is nice area too-

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

Patti and Judy, so sorry I didn't think of this while I was there.  What a great idea!!! While I love the Lincoln City area, I think the one near Rockaway looks the best for a quilt retreat - and the price is more reasonable.  I did notice that they do not want any furniture moved - that could be an issue.  One question would be power with all our machines buzzing away.  I did some googling, but didn't find anything else but I will keep looking too! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:03 PM | Locked

Tamra

My sister lives in Andrews, unfortunately she is not a quilter.  I'm in GA, I see you have several answers, hope you're able to connect with someone close.   Doesn't matter we are all close because of our love of quilting. 

I had the good fortune of attending a retreat in Virginia Beach back in April, it was awesome.  I only knew one person when I started the jouney but met so many wonderful ladies from this website.  It was a blast,  I hope to go on another next year.

You will find and make many new friends on this site.  Have a Blessed day!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:32 PM | Locked

Hi Joni, so glad to meet someone who knows where I live.  What part of Georgia are you in?  Have you been quilting for awhile?  My email is tamradunn@att.net, cant wait to chat some more with you.

Tamra

Tamra

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

Thank you so much for the invite, I might just take you up on it, what is the actual date and actual location so I can map it out and see what time frame of travel it is for me.  My email is tamradunn@att.net.  Looking forward to hearing from you. Tamra

Tamra

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:37 PM | Locked

So excited about receiving an invite.  Please let me know the specific dates and place with zip code, so I could map it out and see what time frame I am looking at. My email is tamradunn@att.net. Tamra

Tamra

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:39 PM | Locked

Thanks Ginnie for the update, I am two hours from Asheville as well, we are tucked way in the southwestern corner of NC bordering TN and GA.  Thank you so much for chatting with me, hoping to make alot of new friends here.  My email is tamradunn@att.net. Tamra

Tamra

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

Oh to be retired! As we begin our new school year, I just wish I could take time off and go!  Is there any quilt retreats in Minnesota?  Soon? Been so busy here that I didn't get a chance to quilt.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,755
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:20 AM | Locked

Hello,

This thread was getting so large, and many members were getting error messages, so a new thread, Did You Work on a Quilt Today: #6, was started. I have locked this thread, you can read it but cannot post to it. 

Please post on the new thread which can be found here.

QCA Mandy

Page 517 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use