Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 516 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:47 PM | Locked

Thea:
Ah, Jacy - that is one of the reasons I don't go in the fabric stores - quilt shops - I have so so so much fabric and all those SALE tables always get me... then it just goes in the stash as I don't have anything specific picked out to make with it..
Thea - I had to straighten up the clearance area at the shop on Friday and ended up with 7 cuts of fabric - 3 yards each.  Some of it will probably go with me the next time I am able to do a Humane Society sew day 'cause they were all doggie and kitty fabrics.  I haven't seen these p[articular fabrics at Jeanne's shop so when I find ones that I don't think she has, wel... I just have to buy some for her.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

Pam - thanks so much for sharing your story.  You are definitely right ---- quilters are such giving people.  Just ask Project Linus, Quilt for Kids, Quilts of Valor --- and I can go on and on. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

Donna - that butterfly quilt looks like one my Grandmother made for me --- many moons ago. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:48 PM | Locked
Works for me, Marge!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 455
AudieSue replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

I am a native Californian and your story about Oregon makes my mouth water.  EMPTY- how I would love to go to a beach with only 10-20 people!!!!

Audrey Fisher

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 3:01 PM | Locked

I didn't actually work on a quilt, but I took the top and backing to church and gave to my LAQ friend to quilt for me.  She always does a fabulous job and is most reasonable in pricing.  I'm so excited to know that soon my Great Niece Riley's baby quilt will be completed, I will bind it when I get it back from Sue.

Will work on completing Great Niece Kelsi's this week.  I had changed the border because I did not like it, and have had a dickens of a time with the corners.  Need to complete by the first of month so I can get it quilted.  Both nieces are now 1 year old, looks like Auntie Joni is a slow quilter.

I have several pillow cases to get done.  Need to get my sister's Scottie pillow cases done by September 1st, her birthday is the 2nd, 71st birthday,.  Then must get other sister's done by October 1 as she is October 4th and it will be her 65th birthday.   

I will be busy with pillow cases for the next few weeks, plan on making several for Christmas presents.  I have several very nice pieces of yardage that I plan to use.  Also want to do some of the cute pot holders that fold in half with your hands.  I need to make some for myself also.

Have to mow the yard, wash the car and pray I get my truck back this week.  Plus complete putting together the spare bedroom and organize the sewing area.  Sometime in the so very busy weeks ahead I would love to saddle up Princesa and go for a nice peaceful ride, at least 3 or 4 times a week.  Guess I'd best remember to clean the tack also, the dust has been awful with the heat we have had, one of the benefits of living on a dirt road, LOL!

Oh My!  How I have carried on, got carried away!  Talk at you all later, have a Blessed Sunday!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 3:40 PM | Locked

Pam:
18 yrs. ago, when we moved here, we'd go to the coast (about 1 1/2 hrs. drive) every weekend we could!  And it was EMPTY.... beaches with just us and not hardly any traffic. 

End of summer sales on all things 'coasty' - if I spy the wind sculptures for 1/2 off I'll pm you!

Thanks again, Donna, for reminding me what a jewel my state is.

Pam, your are most welcome.  I will always be an Oregonian at heart! 

You can imagine how empty the beaches were in the late 40's and early 50's when I was a child and went to the beach there regularly.  Even in the summer, it would not be considered at all crowded compared to today...lol!

PLEASE do PM me if you find a similar wind sculpture half price!  That would be so great!

And for all of our quilting sisters, if you ever have a chance to visit the Oregon Coast, do not hesitate!  Pam and I will vouch for the beauty to be found there!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 4:32 PM | Locked

Patti:
love is not proked,  oops, provoked!

Oops, Patti, I take it a little frogging slowed down your progress?  Are you working on a long arm or on your regular quilting machine?  Looking forward to a picture!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 4:44 PM | Locked

Sorry your vacation got cut short, Donna.  I really enjoyed your pictures!

I think a quilting retreat on the Oregon coast is called for!  This is one of our favorite vacations - driving up the coast stopping at great little inns and restaurants, strolling the beach laughing at the squirting clams, picnicking on deli meats, cheese, and Oregon pinot noir.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I think a quilting retreat on the Oregon coast is called for!  

Yes, absolutely. We're heading down the Oregon Coast next month. I'll keep my eyes open for a place.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 10:01 PM | Locked

No quilting today :( but I managed to sew some.  I hemmed curtains, and an apron for a porcelain doll my fried made for her daughter.  I know it's not like quilting but it felt so good to get back to sewing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 10:55 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I think a quilting retreat on the Oregon coast is called for!  This is one of our favorite vacations - driving up the coast stopping at great little inns and restaurants, strolling the beach laughing at the squirting clams, picnicking on deli meats, cheese, and Oregon pinot noir.

I have been trying to find a good retreat place for the Oregon coast, but haven't found it yet.  That would be such a great place to go!  Anyone know of a good place?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

Patti:

MNnancy:

I have been trying to find a good retreat place for the Oregon coast, but haven't found it yet.  That would be such a great place to go!  Anyone know of a good place?

Patti. I have a couple locations to check out when we travel down the Oregon Coast next month. Are you thinking of changing from Leavenworth next year?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 7:26 AM | Locked

Actually, I was thinking of adding a spring one, so I could go to both!  But it is certainly something we can discuss at retreat next month.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 185
Karen replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Have you guys seen the ad for Mcalls quilting cruise??? it looks so much fun, anyways I spent a lot of money on fabric over the weekend. I got a cute quiet halloween book for my son and halloween fabric for a table runner and a door hanger, then I got my sons curtains for 3/yd. I have been busy this weekend!! I will post pictures I have almost got my table runner done.

Page 516 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use