Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 463 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 461 462 463 464 465 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

Max love your scrappy!  Also love your textured blocks, good job on both.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

does this count? 

i'm sitting here gabbing, waiting for my hot studio to cool down (it has been 30 minutes, and is cool enough,  i'm gabbing), and fixing to work on a quilt.   what i'm asking is, does thinking about working on a quilt count?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:58 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Well, poo!  DH just called. He's coming home from work early. Seems he hurt his back taking out the trash this morning. There goes the peace and quiet for the rest of the day.

oh, poo, there goes my peace and quiet;  not, oh poo, my DH hurt his back?   a girl after my own heart.   the back will heal, and you can never get back an afternoon of peace and quiet.   i know the feeling well, does you hubby dear talk a lot,  like mine?  with sam gone so long, i'm afraid my ears have forgotten how to listen.

oh, and i didn't tell everyone calvin's latest funny.   he's 5

he's 5  and got on my last nerve, misbehaving yesterday.  i finally had enough and said, "that is IT,   you are going into timeout, in the corner, on the hard deck floor, and you will be quiet".    i physically set him in the corner and gave him the granny eye.  

little cal, narrowed his eyes and glared at me.  this is a first time out  for him from gini, he is usually well behaved.  then he started grimly, muttering in the corner.  "and i'm going to have mom find me a new swimming instructor, and i'm not going to play with HER, and poor sam will have to find a new love"  

the little rat has voted me clean off the island.   i hope you all like sam's new love, when he finds her.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:47 PM | Locked

Gini,

"Thinking about working on a quilt" absolutely counts!  It's called "planning"...that stuff we are supposed to do before starting so we don't have to un-do and re-do.  Otherwise known as my 'weakest link' in the quilting process.

Before you think I am too hard-hearted about my poor defenseless little DH, when he called and said he was hurting and coming home, I did ask him if he needed for me to come get him. As soon as he said,  No, he was able to drive home, then I quit being worried about him being really hurt.  (I was already wondering how bad he could have hurt himself taking the trash out...our trash barrel is on wheels and has nice big handles to steer it with.)  He planned on laying around all afternoon watching DVD's and going "Honnneeeyyyy?  Could you get me (a drink, tylenol, ice cream bar, etc)?' My plan was to ignore him.  I made him a 'nest' in his audio room, stocked with pills, water bottles, remote, a handful of pre-packaged snacks, and a phone so he could call his mom for sympathy. Then I moved out of hearing range.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 12:17 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
"planning"...
i wasn't planning exactly, i was thinking, "crap, i do not want to start on this quilt, crap, why don't i see if there's something on the radio,  hmm, i wonder what's in the frig, what was that noise in the street, oh look there's a spider on the wall".     i started the quilting on this eons ago and i don't like it.   it was way back when i didn't know what i was doing.  it's over half done, so i can't go down another track.    procrastinating would be a better description. anyhoo,  the center is quilted, i'm taking a procrastination break.  and, why isn't is called procrastinotion,  because you usually have a notion of what you could be doing instead of what you should be doing.

try supplying him with untasty snacks, a lumpy nest with scratchy pillows, dead batteries in the remote, and turn the volume down on his phone.  maybe he'll stay at work.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 12:27 AM | Locked

Gini,

Sounds like you aren't going to like that quilt no matter what you do to it now.  Maybe make it into a sample of how far you have come? Put it away again (deeper in the stack this time!) and while you wait for it to surface, work on something you really want to do?  Make a cat-mat out of it?

I really want DH to be comfortable in his nest..otherwise he comes out of his room and hangs around me...

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 12:38 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
really want DH to be comfortable in his nest..otherwise he comes out of his room and hangs around me...

just trying to help out.  i was thinking if you made him uncomfortable enough, he would go back to work.  

the quilt has to be done.   it is my entry into the guild's show.  how's that for pressure to finish a ufo.   it's been sitting on the back of my sewing table for years. it's beady little eyes foloowing me all around the room, slathering guilt on me everytime i sat down.   i have been using it to practice hardening my heart to ufo pleas to be finished.    that worked out  so well for me, that i have a mile high pile of quilts to be quilted.   i may need to revise my plan before north idaho sinks out of sight.  we'll be just a memory.  people will say, "remember that beautiful north idaho, whatever happened to it anyway."

i entered it to  motivate me to finish it.       the center is now quilted,  just the border to quilt, binding, sleeve.   dang, i better get back to work.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 1:07 AM | Locked

gini:

MaxNTopeka:
really want DH to be comfortable in his nest..otherwise he comes out of his room and hangs around me...

just trying to help out.  i was thinking if you made him uncomfortable enough, he would go back to work.  

the quilt has to be done.   it is my entry into the guild's show.  how's that for pressure to finish a ufo.   it's been sitting on the back of my sewing table for years. it's beady little eyes foloowing me all around the room, slathering guilt on me everytime i sat down.   i have been using it to practice hardening my heart to ufo pleas to be finished.    that worked out  so well for me, that i have a mile high pile of quilts to be quilted.   i may need to revise my plan before north idaho sinks out of sight.  we'll be just a memory.  people will say, "remember that beautiful north idaho, whatever happened to it anyway."

i entered it to  motivate me to finish it.       the center is now quilted,  just the border to quilt, binding, sleeve.   dang, i better get back to work.

You two are hysterical tonight.    It must be exhaustion!   I didn't play with a quilt today but I did manage to finish up 4 projects I needed to finish by tomorrow.  DD and DGS are leaving in the morning for a 9 day BSA trip to Colorado.  As soon as they are out the door I'll be on my way to Marlene's house and we shall see about the sale at 35th Ave S&V.   Supposed to have a new black bag sale this weekend.   I'll be taking my applique projects for some "girl time" too.   

Gini, have a happy homecoming with Sam tomorrow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 1:33 AM | Locked

thanks maggie, you and marlene have a good time and save some bargains for the other quilters.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 4:05 AM | Locked

Maggie:
As soon as they are out the door I'll be on my way to Marlene's house and we shall see about the sale at 35th Ave S&V.   Supposed to have a new black bag sale this weekend.   I'll be taking my applique projects for some "girl time" too.   

Maggie, wish I lived closer.  Sounds like a fun day.  Say hi to Marlene for us!  Gini, say hi to Sam for us.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:38 AM | Locked

Jacy,

Love your house quilt!  Very beautiful and full of extras.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

gini:
does thinking about working on a quilt count?

It had better Gini cause that's all I've been doing lately.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Today I am going to work all day on my bargello heart quilt that I want to give to my BIL as a wedding gift Sept 1.  I have a lot of work to do.  I'll post pictures of my progress later.   Knowing that I said this will help keep me motivated.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:56 AM | Locked

Okay then, Patti, know that we are waiting to see it!  Good luck!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

we'll be waiting to see your quilt, patti.

gini in north idaho

Page 463 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 461 462 463 464 465 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use