Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 462 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 460 461 462 463 464 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:23 PM | Locked

I just finished putting the borders on my Scrappy Garden quilt from the July scrappy project in the Scrap Happys Group.  This will be used as a utility quilt and get placed in the car to have whenever I need a quilt.   I also love using tops like this to practice new free motion quilting techniques because I don't care if the quilting isn't exactly right...LOL.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

Looks great Nana

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25
beverlyworth replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

Yes I did.  I am learning free motion quilting.  Your quilt looks great.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:12 PM | Locked

nice scrappy, nana

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

Nana great looking scrappy. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:38 PM | Locked

Thanks ladies.   I love doing these "no brainer" quilts....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,015
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

Nana, great looking quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:27 PM | Locked

Nana. Love the scrappy. How fun. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:09 AM | Locked

Fini your talents are great.  You do push me to try things outside my comfort zone as you are so creative!  

gini:

Angele:

This is very pretty Gini. What size is it?  I really like the fancy blue/green batik border you have.  What did you use to cut it? A stencil or a precision die cut?  As always, it is perfect with those appliqués around the nine patch. 

angele, thank you very much.   i think it is 21 inches square,   it is all hand done, you silly, i save all my money for fabric.   i tore off some freezer paper and played with the design until i was happy with it, made a template out of the freezer paper and drew it on with a pencil.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:11 AM | Locked

Great quilt Nana. I will definitely put this pattern in my to do pile...and do it soon!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Actually, I did work on a quilt today!  More than one, in fact...

I got Nana's July Scrappy Quilt project finished, except for the binding. I can't decide on exactly what color I want to bind it with...leaning toward the burgandy red that appears on the front of the quilt in several places.  Tried a new quilting pattern on this one, and like it, but it took me a while to get it laid out right.  Not a quilting pattern I'll use often, but sure do like it anyway.

I tried to follow Nana's directions for the July Scrappy Project, but I couldn't get past Step 1. I liked it so well at that point I just sewed the blocks together.  Can you guess what fabrics I have the most scraps of? But I don't think of solid colors as plain or boring.  The back was fun, but it got to looking bland, so I added three little blocks made up of scraps of the scraps used on the front.

And here's the back.  (The blue at the very bottom is part of the design board.)

And I have worked on my sixth 'Textured' block, the one with the gathered strip in the center.

If you just don't have enough project going, or you want something really quick, easy, and fun to do, these Textured Blocks are found at the following: http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeresaDownUnder   She has done six so far, and I think there will be 23 total.  They have been appearing about once a week.  I have been wanting to do a lap quilt for someone visually impaired. I think these blocks will be just perfect.  The bright colors, and textured centers, should work well for them.  I should have enough blocks to do two lap quilts when they are all done.

And I have been working on the Craftsy BOM blocks. But I am appliquing the dresden thingies to the background material by hand. It is taking a while.  I only do hand work about 20-30 minutes a day, and most of that time is spen re-threading the needle cause I keep dropping it!  I'll post those pics when they are both done.

Other than that I've just been sitting in front of the a/c and fan, and filling birdbaths. Hope all of you are staying cool and staying productive!

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Max, great looking scrappy, and your textured blocks look pretty cool

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:50 PM | Locked

Max - your quilt - scrappy looks awesome - like the blocks too - 

I did do some sewing yesterday - none yet today but have plans too - yesterday I started back to work on my Craftsy BOM - I am way behind but hope to be caught up by next weekend.  I am on April and have all the hexagons done just need to sew them down to the back ground fabric.

I cut out my Grandson's car quilt night before last and last week I quilted the stabilizing stitches to Justin's graduation quilt - I am wanting to do Bible verses in FMQ on it with his name FMQd in the middle - with my arm though it was too much pain so am waiting till that gets resolved.

I don't feel like I am fully back to sewing yet as am not doing it 8-10 hours a day - but soon - lol - well maybe never that much a day again but soon each day i will be sewing.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:57 PM | Locked

Max - What a great scrappy and I like the clean, simple look of the quilting on it. That's a cool idea for your visually impaired person - some nice texture! I had to laugh about your time allotment for hand applique. At that rate....hmmmm...let me see....16/5.3x15.9[81/5b]...okay, you should be finished by 2025 - LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:57 PM | Locked

Shelia,

I think you forgot to square that formula...LOL!  You're being way to optimistic about the finish date.  I've been considering teaching the cat to do the handwork...it couldn't be much slower if she would just do it...but she is more nearly blind than me, and she has the 'opposable thumb' argument going for her. ( My thumbs don't 'oppose' anymore so I don't think her argument holds water!)

I know I could just zigzag it down using the machine, but I think my Granma Lena would do backflips in her grave!  (And Thea has shown us how bad doing gymnastics can be for you!) So I will perservere...slowly.

Thea--glad to hear you are getting some quilting in. Maybe just a little everyday for now. And first thing you know you'll be back to full speed again.

Thank you, Leslie!  Your kind words are appreciated!

Well, poo!  DH just called. He's coming home from work early. Seems he hurt his back taking out the trash this morning. There goes the peace and quiet for the rest of the day.

Stay cool!

Max

Page 462 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 460 461 462 463 464 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use