Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 375 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 373 374 375 376 377 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Wed, May 2 2012 10:42 PM | Locked

Very nice Sukochi. I like the colors in your quilt. So much fun, so playful!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:00 AM | Locked

Beautiful quilts ladies- love the fence & flowers! Dolly quilt too- all are awesome.   I did quilt today- did this disappearing 9 patch top....now need to find backing etc. and get it done....

Pam

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:01 AM | Locked

wow I didn't realize how wonky I have it on the board- it really is straight....really   hahahhaa

Pam

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 3 2012 6:32 AM | Locked

Pam this is a take on the one we did. Same pattern. Amazing how different each looks. I love this pattern.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:09 AM | Locked

Pam - My favorite color! Shall I send you my address? Very pretty.

Jacy - WHAT? I'm Aghast! You don't have 2 ironing boards, too? LOL - Just Kidding. I love the row - a butterly AND a bee would be appropriate. I have to laugh because I was picturing my little dog Bruiser sitting up on his hind legs and sniffing the flowers! He's not quite as macho as the Vet thinks (they call him Cujo!).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:48 AM | Locked

Susie:

I did work on quilts last night.  I finished up my squares for the MQ and helped my daughter with some of hers.  I also laid out two of my quilts.  I need some help with one of them, though.

I know that I'm missing a black strip on the one side.  But I need help figuring out what to do with my "windows" in between the strips.  The two missing blocks in the corners will also be appliqued hearts.  The four heart blocks will also have red triangles in each of the corners.

So, I am going to test blue in the open spaces.  But someone suggested trying green.  I have some lovely green that I will audition as well.

I won't have time to do anything on it until after Mother's Day, but I'll see what I can come up with then.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, May 3 2012 8:11 AM | Locked

Love everyone's quilts.   I HAVE been quilting, just not posting here.  I have 8 wheelchair quilts finished, washed and ready for pictures - if the weather cooperates.  I plan to lay them on the lawn and take pictures from the deck to get a better angle than on livingroom floor.  Spent all day yesterday trimming 1 inch off binding I had already cut months ago for 2 of these quilts.  I had planned a wider binding to make the quilt a little wider, but I did that on 4 other quilts and had problems with binding rolling after washing, so will keep with the standard narrow binding.  I will probably edge-stitch the troublesome bindings on the finished quilts to keep them flat.

I have also been staring at my MQ 6 -  4 patches scattered across various background fabrics.  The off-white I have used with the same fabrics on The Farmer's Wife quilt sticks out like a sore thumb - too much contrast with the 4 1/2 inch size squares even with corners colored.  The grey tone-on-tone just looks like a grayed, discolored fabric and is too drab.  The gold I picked is too bright.  I have finally settled on a tan/gold tone on tone fabric from a Victorian collection.  All 4 patches are done, seams spun and ironed.  I need to iron the background and cut my squares today so I can get the corners sewn by tomorrow, if something else doesn't come up.  Maybe I will be caught up before the next step is posted. 

I already have 2 jobs to do for Rich (probably why he let me stay home from trucking today!!)  I also need to vacuum and wash floors - a normal "day off" for me!  Only 2 phone calls from him so far, but it is only 9:00 AM!  I expect 5 or 6 more before the day is over!  I need a headset to free my hands - and it needs to be cordless!

Happy quilting everyone.  My first job is sew on at least 2 bindings - then...........   Hopefully the lawn will dry soon so I can take pictures.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Thu, May 3 2012 9:29 AM | Locked

Pam, love the purples.  Very nice with the green as well.

Mary, hope you're having a better day.

No working on anything yesterday.  I'm at a start over with my 360degree blue window quilt and waiting for the next step for MQ6.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, May 3 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

No sewing yesterday...just yardwork.  Planted columbines for some color...also planted blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes and peppers.  Hoping we get no more freezes...I already lost the first tomato plants I planted in April to a late frost.  I've got the grandsons for the next 3 days so probably won't get much done today either, but I'm going to try.  Still have some more planting to do, though.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Thu, May 3 2012 9:42 AM | Locked

Ramona:
Love your 30 print fabrics in this. Too cute.

Thanks. I can't t take credit for the design or fabrics other than the center circle. The thanks for that go to Marge P who sent me the pieces already cut. I had to cut a larger center circle than the ones she provided as my seams are obviously far narrower than hers and her circles didn't cover the hole. Binding fabric was from her as well. I just thought it suited the topper, though she hadn't indicated that it was for this. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Thu, May 3 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

This is off topic, but if you live the Chicago area and are considering getting a new dog, please check the What Are You Up To Today forum.  I've posted a listing for a cute little foster dog we've had for quite a while now. 

Thank you for your attention to this deviation.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Thu, May 3 2012 11:55 AM | Locked
It looks great Pam! Nice work! Looks straight to me! Isn't the D9P fun to do? I'm having a ball with mine and think I'll be sticking with that pattern for awhile, it's fun and relaxing, if that makes any sense! I'll be working on mine tonight or maybe I'll work up the nerve to quilt my first project and get it finished! I'm itching to start a new project, but promised myself I wouldn't have more than two unfinished quilts before I start another one. I'm sure that I'll break that promise soon, but not until my DH's quilt is done! I mean, how likely is it that I'll be able to stop myself from starting another one? I've already got two others on the back burner. I give myself another 2 weeks before I can't stand it anymore! I'm so very happily, sick, sick, sick! Couldn't think of anything I'd rather be sick with! "QUILTITIS"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,841
Points 248,909
Barbara replied on Thu, May 3 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Pam very pretty ,Ilove all the bright colors ,good job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, May 3 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

Thanks everybody who commented on the D9 patch- I love that pattern and have done it 4 times now.

You guys are right- it looks so different depending on fabric choices!   I have had this collection of prints for years and could not decide what pattern such a vibrant mix would 'take' to. Go to the standard D9 patch!  The photo doesn't show how intense the colors are- almost neon!

I love that we can show 'somebody' our projects and get feedback- neg or pos! My DH is tired of saying 'that's a nice one, hon'   hahhha  

Smile

hey- all you who have been to Leavenworth WA in fall- when is peak color time to go? The 3 musketeers want to do a road trip there (4-5 hrs. from us) and see they have quilt retreats also (great little retreat ctr. above the quilt shop).

I am soooooo looking forward to the retreat we created for ourselves this next weekend (11th) and the one un-retired member of the musketeers is just about to quit work to prepare for it- not anxious at all, right?  Man I hope she can retire before ill  health and old age get her!

Pam in rainy, rainy, spring flower filled Oregon

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Thu, May 3 2012 11:58 AM | Locked
Hi Marsha! I was wondering, since I am in a wheelchair, would you be willing to share that pattern with me? I'd like to make myself one before it gets cold again. Thanks!

Page 375 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 373 374 375 376 377 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use