Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 371 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 369 370 371 372 373 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Tue, May 1 2012 9:50 PM | Locked
Nana, this qilt is beautiful! My DH even saw and there was an immediate, "WOW, who did that? That's really nice!"For my DH to comment atsomething when I'm at this site is well...let's just say he thought it was good, that's putting it lightly!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Tue, May 1 2012 9:58 PM | Locked

Why thank you Chicago.  I too have found that when a man truly makes a comment on a quilt then it is really something pretty good.  Most men just don't really care one way or another...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:05 PM | Locked
I finally got quite a bit of work done on both the D9P and the quilt races/Jelly roll that Max suggested. Unless I hear otherwise, the first half of the JR quilt is done and I'm waiting for more materials. I think I'm getting close to finishing the D9P as well. I'll post pics tomorrow. When out to a meeting to re=organize our radio group tonight. Very productive but small group. Evie was happy to see everyone, and the boys were glad to see her! I had to put her in her room while we were gone, as I felt she wasn't ready to be in the house alone with the boys. Not yet anyway! She's such a good pup and loves everyone! Love her lots and she's one happy little girl! I firmly believe in spoiling my furbabies absolutely rotten! All I'm doing is loving them with all my heart and soul!!! For so little, they give so much joy back! Hope everyone had a really superfantabulicious day today!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:08 PM | Locked
Yep, especially my man!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,115
Points 69,605
Bonita replied on Tue, May 1 2012 11:14 PM | Locked

Mary, your runner is very pretty.  Those little HST's were a pain to do and who knows when I'll use them. Started to press them and trim off the dog ears. Then I put them in a box and decided to do them as needed

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,355
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 2 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,355
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 2 2012 7:32 AM | Locked

I can't figure out how to tell about this on the same post as the picture, so please forgive me. Thia is the Topsy Turvy pattern from Fabric Cafe. I got the kit at Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge. In the kit you get the three yard of fabric to make the top/ borders and binding.  I thought for $22.00 it was a good price. I have made this as a gift to our Church to give to a little girl who Mom was deported to Mexico as an illegal alien, though she was born in the US. She went back to Mexico as a teen, and couldn't get back so paid a coyote $2500. to get her over the border not knowing that that money just gets her into the country, doesn't cover food or lodging till she get to her destination. She married here, had two beautiful girls here then when she came forward and told her story to INS asking for citizenship, she was sent back. She took the new baby with her but her American husband stayed here with there older little girl. She is fighting the State Dept. for reentry but so far nothing. So, her DH has decided to take her DD1 to Mexico. Major mistake but this family is in such crisis. So, the body is giving her this quilt as a memento of our love and prayers.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,790
Sheila replied on Wed, May 2 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

Sukochi - What a pretty little quilt and such a wonderful reason! Blessings to the family.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,664
Points 25,235
Susie replied on Wed, May 2 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

I did work on quilts last night.  I finished up my squares for the MQ and helped my daughter with some of hers.  I also laid out two of my quilts.  I need some help with one of them, though.

I know that I'm missing a black strip on the one side.  But I need help figuring out what to do with my "windows" in between the strips.  The two missing blocks in the corners will also be appliqued hearts.  The four heart blocks will also have red triangles in each of the corners.

Here is the other churn dash quilt.  I'm not going to do anything more to this one than add a couple borders.

All the churn dash blocks were from a block exchange I participated in.  I have decided that I really dislike red/white quilts.  At least in this pattern.  I needed to break them up, which is where the black flowered material came from.  If anyone has suggestions on this one, I'll gladly take them as well.

Both quilts will be almost twin size when completed.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Wed, May 2 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Sukochi , this qult is beautiful ,nice job . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Wed, May 2 2012 8:51 AM | Locked

Susie, I like what you have done with the bottom quilt ,the black fabric is really pretty ,  I think the top one needs  to be brighten up some have you tried a ligt gray with the black  that is a very nice combination  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 20,010
safrmaz replied on Wed, May 2 2012 9:04 AM | Locked

Very pretty quilt Sukochi!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 20,010
safrmaz replied on Wed, May 2 2012 9:06 AM | Locked

Very pretty, Susie!  I like the layout of the bottom one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 26,565
Agnes replied on Wed, May 2 2012 9:34 AM | Locked

Sheila:
When you get ready to do those placemats, give a shout! I think it would be fun to work on them together in cyber-ville!

Sheila--I will keep that in mind. Currently there are to many projects that are pending so it wouldn't be until next winter, if in 2012 at all.

Thank goodness my family knows the jargon and otherwise it has been quilters that I have talked to about the foot.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,667
Points 47,745
Debbie-do replied on Wed, May 2 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Very cute disappearing 9 patch!  Looks SO different from my scrappy version!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Page 371 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 369 370 371 372 373 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.