Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 186 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 184 185 186 187 188 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 6:34 AM | Locked

Chicago  frogging is wehn we have to rip out seams ,,It just a fun word we like to use instead of ripping it out  LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 6:35 AM | Locked

Debbie ,I so gald kitty made it home , Lets us know how kiity is doing after his check -up Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:31 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Shelia , LOL sure , and then I'll be froggin ' right there beside you ... Barbara

Well, I'll be in good company, then!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:37 AM | Locked

Max - Adore your "Find the Tiger"! Great colors, too.

Yes, that's what I thought about PP, too and I'm not giving up. Just not quite as enthusiastic as I was. We'll see if that enthusiasm comes back as I go along.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Trying to catch up from last night here. This dumb "smart" phone wouldn't let me post replies last night so I had to make a list. I'd hate to leave someone out and I'll apologize ahead of time if I miss someone!

Marge (aka Dimples) & Marlene - Keep up with us, Women! No going to the back of the class. You two may be riding the short bus but, you're both sitting up front! ROFLMAO with you two!

Gini - Wildflowers pattern ordered (check!). 2.5 yds of background fabric & .5 yd med green (check!) Freezer paper - oh! something new for me to try? Cool. I've always used steam-a-seam. Freezer paper is probably cheaper? I'll get back to you with questions on that one when I get there! (check!) Look at all the great things you found - all just by cleaning???? Wow - maybe I'll give that a try sometime. Hmmm, on 2nd thought, I'd probably just find a petrified mouse or something.

Mimi - Ha hahhahaha! Opthamo..., Opthom..., eye doctor says I'll need cataract surgery in a few years so the 'ol eyes ain't what they used to be but, that big white spot did stand out even to me - LOL! Of course, I was a tad confused because I didn't realize the blocks weren't already stitched together and I was wondering why you'd sewn them that way. Boy, do I feel sheepish.

Rachel - What a great job on your bunnies & carrots! That's sure to be a big hit.

Dainty Deb - Woo-Hoo! I know you're very relieved to have your helper back and what a fine looking one he is, too! Yes, a welcome home quilt is definitely in order, for sure. We've been adopted again by a pretty little tuxedo. She's proving to be a real assertive girl as she really seems to boss Buck around. Poor guy doesn't know what to do. I've told him that's what he gets for leading a poor girl on (he's fixed-LOL!). Actually, DH spouts off all of the time about d*&^% cats and threatens to shoot 'em but, the other night he said, "What are we going to do about Midnight"? My response was, "I guess we're keeping her since YOU named her." Bhwaa, Ha, Ha! The look on his face was priceless!

Annie - How sad for you about Mr Cat. We also have lots of coyotes here in North Central Ohio. Being rural, we tend to lose our fair share of cats, dogs, chickens, etc. to them. The Amish around here will get together a couple of times per year and have a Coyote Drive. They actually get quite a few of them but, as our area has some of the biggest woods in the county, the packs seems to be bigger, too. Thanks to you & Barbara for the advice on the Craftsy classes for PP. Maybe after April I can find some time for a couple of them.

Well, they actually expect me to do some work around here so I guess I should finish my email and get scooting!

Wishing everyone a Quilty Day!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:34 AM | Locked

Rachel Young:

...Still waiting on my new foot so I can practice my FMQ! Can't wait!

Rachel

Rachel - I just updated my machine so that I can buy and try out the FMQ foot that Pfaff has. Everyone at the LQS has been raving about it but, my machine needed an update in order to use it. I've never tried FMQ and they said it's a lot easier with this 6D foot.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Wow, y'all have been a busy group! 

Max--your tiger quilt is really pretty, love the fabrics

Rachel--great work on the bunnies and carrots and its lucky winner is sure to be delighted with it

Deb--so happy that your kitty returned home safely, missing pets are always such a worry

Gini--went back for a second look at your Baltimore Album and I do believe it got even prettier.  Good luck with your newly organized space (or is it back to "normal" by now?)

Have a super day everyone.  I'm off to do more hand quilting and with a little luck will have this puppy finished by the end of the week!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

Debbie

That is great news.  Glad your kitty has found his way home.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 9,395
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

This is the Bargell top I've been working on.  Not the best lighting, and it's not done, but my four sections are put together.  Talk about frogging...you don't even want to know.  Will post proper photos in the gallary when done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

Margaret

Your bargello is coming along beautifully.  Love the colors.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Lovely Bargello, Margaret! Bright & sunny - you can't help but smile!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Margaret, it looks beautiful to me . I have not even tired to do on of these. good luck .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 1,240
diane replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:51 AM | Locked

Here is my beginner project -  baby quilt top which I put together over the weekend.  I'll stop here until I know boy/girl then back it appropriately.

Chews Landing, NJ

• | Post Points: 155
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 10:54 AM | Locked

OMG! Your cat is a carbon copy of my 'Buddy'. I have 2 cats, buddy's the oldest and huge, 'Bobby's the youngest, all white and kind of on the small side. They're both about 15 months and I treasure them both! When you said helper, I had to chuckle, no doubt he likes to help a little too much. There are pics of them in Facebook. Take a look.

Take care!

chicagosinger

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

Diane

Lovely baby quilt.  Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 186 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 184 185 186 187 188 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use