Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 179 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,474
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:38 AM | Locked

Gini nice work on the quilting , wish mine looked this smooth . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,474
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

Hey Chicago welcome tothe club,  just take it one peice at a time and when you get the first few done you'll be good , Just remember we don't make mistakes we add character to our quilts . Good luck and never be afarid to ask questions if you need to know something . we are always here to help . Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,474
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:46 AM | Locked

Shelia , LOL sure , and then I'll be froggin ' right there beside you ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Judy T-Bellingham:
I surely do hope their marriage lasts long enough for them to enjoy the quilts.
Now that doesn't sound very optimistic.  What makes you think it might not last?  ...

Nancy, I hope the marriage lasts but these days....... And, I'm a realist, this will be his third . Add his step kids into the mix, especially an 8 year old with some mommy issues and it can be difficult. But, if anyone can do it, my step daughter can. The little boy just loves the lap quilt I made for my step-D several years ago so I know he will like one of his own. I'm enjoying this project very much. The boy will get his no matter what. But, if, for some reason, the marriage doesn't happen in June, I'll keep the one I'm making for the groom.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

Wendy :

Judy T-Bellingham:
I love EQ7 .......

this is a beautiful design Judy. I had a feeling when I talked to you at retreat that you would get hooked.

Yup, that's exactly what happened.  

Thanks everyone. I finished paper piecing one of the star blocks. I am very pleased with the way it's going together, even though I had to frog it twice. This will be a fairly quick quilt to put together.

By the way, Wendy, did you finish that wonderful quilt you were making for the Joann's contest? I was in awe of the complexity and how easily you seemed to be able to put it together.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,375
Leah replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:13 AM | Locked

ok so my time line was a little off.  I figured last week I would have my pinwheels at least half done, wrong.  I have one more triangle to sew on, (well 92 pieces) then all four quarters will be complete then I can finally put my squares together.  this quilt of valor is going to take longer than I hoped.  But boy will it look good :) 

Leah

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Chicago singer.   Welcome to the group.    What's the worst that can happen?     You get to go fabric shopping again.   What patterns have you chosen?  To combine?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

Annie, are you joining us in the appliqué group? This spring.  We will be starting another appliqué quilt, not a Baltimore, but it is similar and will be very pretty.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:39 AM | Locked

Thanks Barbara for both threads. Actually all's I'm going to do is add a large border. That way I can still follow the pattern, which is for a novice like me. Yep, I definately feel like I bit off more than I can chew, but I think it'll work. The actuall pattern is for a twin bed, so I'll leave it that way but put the border around it with a little bit of the pattern at the corners. What do you think? Don't worry I'l definately be asking questions and I'll probably post a picture of what it's supposed to look like when I'm done. This way maybe you can add some suggestions for the border 'cause you'll know what it looks like. That is, if you wouldn't mind.

Thanx!

chicagosinger

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

Chicago, that's a lot of border.   You might think about doubling the pattern

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

Although Amish quilts were big patterns with lots of borders,  check out some books on Amish quilts

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:46 AM | Locked

Gini, good point! I'm going to post a picture of what it's supposed to look like when done, later today. Then you'll might be able to make suggestions for the border I plan to add to make it bigger. If you don't mind, of course.

Thanx!

chicagosinger

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:48 AM | Locked

chicagosinger:

Gini, good point! I'm going to post a picture of what it's supposed to look like when done, later today. Then you'll might be able to make suggestions for the border I plan to add to make it bigger. If you don't mind, of course.

Thanx!

chicagosinger

We love pictures, and with pictures you will get tons of opinions.  I look forward to seeing your plan

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:33 AM | Locked

gini:

Annie, are you joining us in the appliqué group? This spring.  We will be starting another appliqué quilt, not a Baltimore, but it is similar and will be very pretty.

OK, I'm in!  This Spring gives me some time to wrap up a few loose ends - haha I even made myself laugh out loud on that one. 

Can't wait!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:43 AM | Locked

chicago singer

That hesitancy is normal for a first time.  Just take a deep breathe , relax and jump in.  Once you get this first quilt under your belt you won't be hesitant again.   Just have fun and enjoy the process.  Don't be upset with yourself if there are some mistakes,  The only person that will ever see any mistakes is you.   Have fun and good luck.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 179 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use