Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana Posted: Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:00 AM

Since we have 3 openings that haven't been filled I think it only fair for each of us to pay a little extra so that everyone can get their deposits back as well as to make up the difference needed to pay the balance,

We have 21 spots filled with the original charge being $156/ person.    I will need everyone to pay an additional $25 / person to cover our 3 holes.   I am sorry that I have to ask for more funds but I don't think it is fair that the three ladies that can't attend should be out of their money.     $25/ person covers all 3 spots and gives a little toward renting some tables to set up for sewing and cutting stations.

I hope that this meets with everyones approval.   I will need this money by March 1 to be able to make the final payment on the property.   Thanks in advance for your quick attention to this.

Also over the next couple of days I am going to start getting lists together of what everyone is planning to bring  eg...  rotary cutters, mats, irons, ironing boards, specialty tools, etc.    And will you be willing to share.     I also need a count on sewing machines.   I know that we have 2 long distance travelers that will need machines.   I have one extra that I will be bringing.

I also want everyone to start considering sleeping arrangements.   I know that some of us are real night owls while others tend to go to bed early.  I would hate to put a night owl in the room with an early bird if it can be avoided.   I wouldn't want anyone to feel like that others are being inconciderate when climbing into bed at 2 am after you had been asleep since 11.      Maybe everyone could just list their bedtime preference.....   night owl   of  early bird    and if they have a problem sharing with someone of the other "persuasion".

Nancy  is bringing paper products and chips from Sams Club.   Marlene, Gini, and I will bring in cold cuts, cheeses, lettuce, tomato, breads, condiments, sweet rolls, oatmeal, coffee, tea, sugar, creamer.   We thought that this would get us thru Sat. evening and Sunday morning breakfast.   Then everyone can decide what they would like to have for the rest of the week.

May I also ask that everyone traveling without a spouse please bring some type of health description sheet with basic health history, drs and numbers, meds and allergies.  This is just in case something awful happens we have the info needed to get everyone the appropriate medical care.    Such as ...I wouldn't want to fall down the stairs and EMS arrives and gives me a shot of morphine and not have any aware that I am allergic to morphine.    Hopefully this will be a simple waste of time but it is best to be prepared than to be sorry afterward.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:40 AM

Nana,

I'm fine with that. I'll let Pat know. Does this mean you're no longer trying to fill those slots?

I'm a night owl. Marie and my friend Pat would like to bunk together if possible.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:42 AM

Hi Nana,   I can bring 2 extra sewing machines.  I'm also bringing a supply of chocolate from Russell Stover's outlet.  I'm driving so I can bring extra cutting mats and rotary cutters(I have 4) and enough rulers for anyone's use. I have 2 small ironing pads and travel irons too.  I'll be sending out check tomorrow.

Huggs, Diana in East Tn. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:45 AM

OOPS.....I'm also a night owl.  But also an early riser.  I usually don't get much more than 5 hours sleep or so.  Just the way it goes for me.   Hope that helps.

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:57 AM

Nana,I to am a night owl, but usually rise early.I'm also a smoker so I need to be with someone that will not be offend by the lingering odor. I am also a restless sleeper as I have severe problems with my legs. sorry to be so difficult. and I snore like crazy. Barbara   PS i will get my check in the mail to you Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:10 AM

Nana, I have misplaced your addy can you please resend it to me .thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:01 AM

Nana - I have no problems paying the extra money - but are we closing the numbers that can come or are we still looking for ladies to take those places - either way doesn't matter to me.  I will bring whatever my little car can hold...teehee - we found she can hold a lot on our trip to MN - but we want to be able to lean our seats a little for this long trip - lmao - DH will handle it all well - he is very willing to do anything I ask as far as my quiltoholism - he is an enabler - I may be able to bring my little brother 270D as an additional machine - she is a little workhorse - and if we have room I'll bring both the Pfaff and the Janome - I will try real hard.  I can be the one to bring a 5 lb can of sugar - flour - hot chocolate - I do have all those things in my pantry (we keep a year's worth of staples on hand) also have potato pearls which are the next best thing to potatoes - I didn't like instant potatoes till I had these - just like real potatoes - so I can bring them - so we can transport a lot of staples in those 5lb cans... or those listed above... I think I have a can of drink mix if anyone likes that - I get it for the grand kids.  

I have my extra large cutting mat 36x48 which will go into the trunk floor and then my 24 x36 mat which I can place on top - I have a little black bag that has all the things you need that has cutting blades - sewing machine needles - pens - pencils - drafting tools - you name it I think it is in there - and if anyone wants me to and I can fit it in i'll bring both my accuquilt go and my baby go with dies so you can try them out... if anyone wants to cut a lot of sunbonnet sue and overall sam's for a quilt I have those dies - all I have to make sure is DH has clothes and his pool sticks in the car...and I believe Barbara - Elaine and our car are driving in tandem so I might be able to fit some stuff in their car too... 

If anyone there - close by - can get fresh fruit - green grapes and melons - that is about all I would ask that I don't think we can transport but we can try - I'll also make up some frozen italian dishes if we can get our cooler in to carry them - I make a good lasagna, manicotti, stuffed shells or chicken cheese enchiladas - I can try to make them ahead - freeze them so they will travel okay - we have done this before for other occasions...

and I will probably load up my square up rulers - 16, 12, 9, 8.5, 6 - and my 6x25 and 5x10...

Oh my wonder if little car will love me - lol

I'll have  check out to you first of the month - I knew I had something else to put on my budget for this month and didn't so had used all my extra money for paying off bills... so 1st of Feb the check will be in the mail with the additional $25 per person...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:16 AM

Thea, Elaine is driving and she has a ford Escape , We had it pretty well packed when we went to Iowa, I'm not bringing all the stuff I took to Iowa so there may be room . I'm bring what I need and that is about it for me. not gong to over do it this time LOL  . Have not really had a chance to talk with Elaine about this yet so I need to give her a call here soon and start talking about what we are bringing , I'm not sure how many machines are needed but I have three I can bring if we can get them in  the car , but two of them take up alot of space .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:29 AM

We may not need anyone to bring an extra machine.   I think Marge has already promised Marlene a machine and I have an extra for Gini.   So I think if everyone brings the machine they want to use we will be ok.

Thea you bring whatever you think you can pack as far as food goes.   Anything we need after we get there we can always pick up.   The rulers would be a big help.

I don't think I will try to fill the spots.  I think we will do better having the extra space at the house.  Of course if someone happens along that really wants to go I will see what can be done.   If I end up with extra money everyone will get a refund at the retreat.  Does that sound ok with you guys.

Thanks everyone.   I am really looking forward to the retreat.  Only 3 months to go.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:46 AM

Nana, having a awful time getting threads to work and answer very very slow ,  Anyway if we don't really need any more extra Machines then I'll just leave mine at home . As to the open spaces sounds good to me and like you said if someone really wants to attend you have the spot . I'm really getting excited about April getting here. had to pass up a bus tour cause it is the same weekend as the start of the retreat . but that is okay , have one in may also .gonna be three busy months for me and I'm loving it ..Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:53 AM

Barbara

I sent you my addy again.  Let me know if you didn't get it.   I am so excited and really looking forward to seeing some "old" friends again as well as meeting "new" ones.   I can't believe that I am going to be able to go to three retreats this year.  It is going to be awesome.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:00 AM

Nana, I got it thanks this time it went into the address book so I don't lose it or misplace again. ,to many notes lying around the computer LOL . Me to on the retreats . It is going to be an exciting year. .Next week I'm going to spend a weekend at  Thea's for my birthday .I'm real excited about going . she is going to help me with my new embroidery Machine  I hope ,it is still at the shop ,I need to check on it and see what they found out . but it will be a nice break from home ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:21 AM

nana, i'll get a check out to you next week.   i was just saying to sam last night that i would probably need to pay a little more because the spaces weren't full. 

i think joyce will need a machine, too. she's flying in.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:22 AM

does this mean we only need to make 18 blocks?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:23 AM

i'm a night owl,  and sleep like a log. 

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use