Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia Posted: Tue, Jan 10 2012 10:50 AM

I buy my quilt fabric mostly online and just got an e-mail about this sale from fabric.com:

http://www.fabric.com/designer-cotton-print-blowout-sale.aspx?Source=LeftNav

They have free shipping if you spend at least $35 and ship pretty fast.

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,362
Points 242,307
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:16 AM

I will ditto Zsofia information and tell you that fabric.com is a good place to buy fabric - I have bought a lot from them in the past - I am still not going to their site today - am not looking at anything that says SALE...lol... 2012 - I will not buy any new fabric till I use up a lot of what I have - that is what I am telling myself each and every day as I delete all the inbox emails I get telling me about the great sales out there...

But Fabric.com has good prices!  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I love fabric.com. Between them and Connecting Threads I get most of my fabric. Thanks for the heads up about the sale.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 520
Lynne replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:52 AM

How is the quality of the fabric at Connecting Threads compared to the designers, i.e. Michael Miller, Benartex, Hoffman, etc.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,362
Points 242,307
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 12:52 PM

Lynne - I think it is a different type of fabric - reminds me of fabric when I was a child - the kind that would last forever - Michael Miller is my favorite fabric maker - the fabric they make I call the cadillac of fabrics - it just feels so good... Bernartex and Hoffman I put up there but not at the top of my list - Moda - I love Moda almost as much as I love MM.  It all depends on what style of fabric you are looking for - CT makes homey fabrics is the best I can describe it - it is good quality fabric but I don't think the best.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 1:00 PM

Lynne:

How is the quality of the fabric at Connecting Threads compared to the designers, i.e. Michael Miller, Benartex, Hoffman, etc.

Lynne

I have used all of those fabrics,  Designer and Connecting Threads.   I can honestly say that the quilts that have been made from Connecting Threads fabrics have held up to everyday abuse and lots of washings just as well as any of the designer fabrics that I have used.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 2:21 PM

the fabric seems to have a nice "hand" it feels good, not cheap and thin.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:06 PM

I haven't had any problems with the fabrics from CT.  I especially like the new fabric lines.  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use