Top 10 Posters

Corduroy quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 85
Lisa954 posted on Sun, Jan 8 2012 4:04 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a quilt pattern using Corduroy with a log cabin pattern.  I saw the pattern in either Women's Day or Family Circle back in the 80s. 

The pattern showed how to use one color of corduroy and its nap to form the different fabrics.  Unfortunately, I lost the magazine. 

Has anyone seen this pattern?  HELP (and thank you!!)

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Lisa, I cannot help you with your pattern but wanted to say Hi and welcome to QCA.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,307 Posts
Points 20,790

Hi Lisa!  Welcome!  I do not have the answer either.  I hope you find one soon!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
371 Posts
Points 6,495

Lisa;  I haven't seen anything on this but I hope you have success in finding it.  Welcome to QCA....

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

Have you started your quilt???   I, once again hope to do this same pattern without instructions, using    2 1/2 inch strips.  The trick, as I remember was to keep the nap always sewn to the center piece.  That way it gives the illusion of changing colors. 

Please let me know if you have more ideas or photos.

Or any replies that you may have gotten.

Tthanks

db

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

Hello!  I just came across this post and I'm floored.  I saw the same corduroy log cabin quilt in one of those magazines back then!  I've always wanted to make that quilt.  I am looking for the picture of the quilt that I saved for all these years.  I know I saw it within the past couple of months, but NOW I CAN'T FIND IT!!! 

If you see this, and if you find your copy, would you please contact me?  I want to show it to my grandson to see if he would like something like that. 

Thanks!  cadudatoo dot yahoo dot com 

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 35

Hi. I have it.  Family Circle, 1978.  I've always wanted to make it.  I've cut it out of the pages, scanned it, and have it as 4 pictures (jpg files).  If you'd like it, I can email it to you as attachments. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 85

I would LOVE to have a copy!  Thank you for responding.

Please email them to lisa.k.mann at gmail.com

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5
Nemoj replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 7:17 AM

Please email to me as well.  I once made a small piece from the pattern and used it as a curtain for a small window.

Now would like to make a larger quilt.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use