Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 11 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 475
Ladysewnsew Posted: Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:33 AM

I am so excited to share with you all.. My hubby and I prefer to buy our Christmas presents after Christmas so we can save a bunch of money.. We give each other a simple gift for Christmas morning and a few days after Christmas when all the sales kick off we shop for each other.. Well my husband went out and bought me the June Tailor Shape cut ruler it would have cost him $40 before Christmas but after Christmas we got a 40 % off coupon for Hobby Lobby and so I got it for $13.. WOW WOW WOW.. I love this little ruler.. It is AMAZING!! I am going to try and insert a demo video so you can see for yourself what it is.. It is so easy to use and saves bunches of time.. I can't wait to get started on my next quilt project...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465

Congratulations on your new ruler. It makes cutting a lot of strips so much easier and faster/  I saw Eleanor Burns use one on a video and she has "invented" one to cut diamond shapes I think it was. I don't especially enjoy the cutting stage so anything that gets me to the sewing stage faster is greatly appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 2,360
1Lori replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:21 AM

I saw the ruler at the store not to long ago and wondered how well it worked. Thanks for the demo I think I might just get it.  Cutting is not my favorite thing to do. I believe it will make things alot faster.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,538
Points 31,350
Diana replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:24 AM

I have one of those rulers and it's just about wore out.  I've used it for years and love it.  I hate the cutting part too and it makes it so much faster and accurate since you don't have to keep moving the ruler.  To make strips for bindings is a breeze. 

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,929
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:30 AM

WOW I just may have to check this ruler out , she sure made it look easy ,thanks for sharing this iwth us .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 2,360
1Lori replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:34 AM

Thanks Diana. Now I know I'm getting the ruler. lol.  It seems to take forever to cut all the pieces for a quilt. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,538
Points 31,350
Diana replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 8:17 AM

Your Welcome Lori,   You really will like it.   I use it to make all those little squares to make flying geese or snowball corners, etc. Cut strips, turn mat without moving strips and recut to squares.  Like the video showed, make tons of squares in no time at all. U se it to make 9 patches as well.  Make strips and sew together.  Then press strip sets and cut into the sizes needed without moving rulers.  Even to stack the strip sets and offset the seams and cut them to size according to the size needed.  If you do 2 strip sets that need to be sewn together and they are all set to sew.  All kinds of things to do and make life easier.

Enjoy,   Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 20,010
safrmaz replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 8:24 AM

Another item added to my wish list!  Thanks for sharing.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

I have both the 1/2 and the 1/4".  Think I paid about $15 for the one and $20 for the other  _well worth it!!  My one beef is that the 1/4" is too short. one word of caution...never let your 2 year old help put away the ruler. They aren't all that strong. My 1/2" split in two when Jr tried to carry/drag it to it's spot, so now it's epoxied together.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 9:02 AM

I have had one these for - what, - 5 years now, and I love it!  The THING is, I always just used it for strips! I have never thought if cutting squares, diamonds, rectangles, or hexagons!  Sheeesh!  WOW, now I REALLY appreciate it! - One time I had just changed a new rotary blade in my 60mm cutter, and I was just zipping along, going real fast, when I started a new cut and slammed my blade down just a little bit off center, and cut the side of one of the slots just a little bit bigger than it was.  ooops.  just glad it wasn't my finger, but that was an operator/blade cutter error....  I also know that these rulers come in several different sizes, so you can get a really big one for large folds of fabric, just an FYI  :D

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 66
Points 2,175
Fruityy replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 9:26 AM

I love mine, not only does it make cutting strips faster and easier but also more accurate as it has less tendency to slip as you cut. Enjoy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,237
Points 141,315

chocake2:
I have both the 1/2 and the 1/4". 

How large is your 1/4" and where did you get it? I cut all  my quilt bindings 2-1/4" wide so would need one that has 1/4" increments. Either that or I need to change the size of my quilt bindings to accomodate the ruler. (lol)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 10:15 AM

CC - it isn't your youngster's fault - the rulers are not strong at all - do not hang them to store them as they will break apart on your wall - I have both and have had them for years - I have them taped together on the edges... they still work just don't look real pretty... They do work for cutting strips very well - I used mine when I was cutting the strips for my DWR quilt.  You need to store flat though - that is the one thing I recommend...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,896
Points 180,388
Marie replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:04 AM

Lady ss, I have this ruler as well but didn't know it could do all that.  It's in MA so I'll have to re-viist it when I get home from FL in March.  Thanks for sending the video.

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.