New: from Edinburgh. Scotland.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 155
Chrissie Posted: Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:26 PM

Only been quilting a few months and now totally hooked,  I work as a nurse and even seeing pretty nighties get me thinking lol.

I've made a couple of wee quilts for my beautiful nephew and now want to make one (prob) single all for me..  so many patterns so thinking of a simple nine block as my 1st go... much advice will be sought!!! lol. 

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:30 PM

Welcome to QCA Chrissie - I have a quilt that my Great Great Great Great Great Grandmother made - the only reason I mention it was she was from Scotland.  I hope you enjoy your time here and ask any questions you have - someone will be sure to help you out!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:31 PM

So nice to meet you, Chrissie!  Yes, you know you are a quilter when even watching TV, you find yourself saying, "The fabric in that guy's shirt would look great in a quilt!"

How many quilt shops are near you in Edinburgh?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:36 PM

Glad to have you, Chrissie. I descend from the McLean's of the Isle of Mull.  Way back of course.

You have come to the right place to learn and grow in your quilting journey. Check out the whole site. There is so much here.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:48 PM

Welcome, Chrissie! 

Although my background includes Italy on my mother's side, my father's side came over from London on the Mayflower.  Even though that isn't Scotland, it's a lot closer than where I am right now.  About Scotland, I hear one of my favorite Beatles has a castle in the neighborhood.  Say "Hi" to Sir Paul for me if you see him at the local veggie market, and welcome to the site! :D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Chrissie and welcome to QCA. Look forward to getting to know you and seeing your projects. Ask away, you will get more answers than you will know what to do with, but they will all be helpful. Again, welcome

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 5:13 PM

hi crissie, welcome to the group. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092

Hi Chrissie, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 5:54 PM

Chrissie

Welcome to QCA,  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  I would love to hear more about your beautiful country as well as you and your quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 5:58 PM

Welcome Chrissie,  

Hope you enjoy it here and ask away.  We're a very talented bunch and love to share our passion of quilting.  I love your part of the world.  I've been to Ireland and England but didn't make it to Scotland even though I'm part of Clan Grant.  Hope you have a great time.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,339
Points 17,900
Susan replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:04 PM

Welcome! Chrissie, Yes, the nine patch is a great quilt for a beginner. Good Luck and enjoy the process. If you need any help, were here for you. Looking forward to chatting with you. Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club Chrissie.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Welcome, we are always interested in quilters from all over. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:49 PM

Welcome Chrissie.  I think you will like it here.  My son-in-law is from the Bristol area of England and one of these days I'm going to make it over the pond and see all of your beautiful countries.  I especially would like to visit Scotland and Ireland.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.