Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 57 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 1:46 PM | Locked

Sheila, what is the background color on the large daisy fabric?  Is that white or light pink?  In my humble opinion, I think one light background used on all blocks would look great with these six fabrics interchanged as the contrasting fabrics throughout out the quilt.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 2:54 PM | Locked

Nancy, the background color in the large print is white.  I "graphed" out the patterns & drew the prints today while waiting in the dr. office.  As of now, I think January Asterick square will be the stripe w/ purple stripes - next the Wonky one I have it as bright pink w/ the large print. February squares: Balkan Puzzle block is lavendar, stripe & the small flower print. the chucky chevron is yellow/gold background w/ the wide stripe as the large flower print then one small triangle will be small flower & next one the stripe. What do you think...i do agree that some white may look ok in some squares...I will ponder that until I start these!

• Sheila from Shenandoah, Virginia
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 2:56 PM | Locked

It would be nice to know how they are going to go together though!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

Sheila:

Dara Beth, I love your blocks!  Is that purple or pink as your background fabric? Really like the colors.  Here are the fabrics I dug out of my stash...what do you think?  Do I need to add a white as a baseline for all blocks or do a hodge-podge with these 3 solids?  Any help & suggestions would be reatly appreciated!

Sheila,  I love your fabrics.   It will really pop.  I especially like the large print you have.  That is something that is lacking in my stash.  Yellow is my favorite color.  Yea, I know I have very little yellow in what I've done so far.  I'm trying to use up some stuff and still get it 'springy' enough.  It is that time of year when the season just gets me down and I need a bright pick-me-up.  Personally, I would go with the fabrics you have if there is enough to do all the blocks.  I might add a bit of white, but only if you want/need to tone it down or the patterns we have yet to see need it.  I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:27 PM | Locked

I think March may be coming up this weekend. Looks like its getting ready to load. :)

Hope so I need a project. lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:37 PM | Locked

Debbie (Dainty):
I think March may be coming up this weekend.

I was thinking the same thing Dainty.  But I don't need another project. LOL  Just want to keep up.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Debbie and Mim,

Just looked and they havent load March BOM yet. 

I started last month before the month began and made for a very long month. This time I'm going to wait a few days before I start. - maybe lol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:52 PM | Locked

I will be real late getting started on mine now. Won't get to it for a few weeks. Had this weekend off work to play with my quilting,  but gonna be busy for the next 2. Oh well, Guess I can see what boo-boos there are in the patterns before I start mine. lol

Annie:

Debbie and Mim,

Just looked and they havent load March BOM yet. 

I started last month before the month began and made for a very long month. This time I'm going to wait a few days before I start. - maybe lol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:22 PM | Locked

Hey all... I was able to print out the instructions for march blocks tonight but still not the video. Looks like alot of fabric on these.

DaintyDeb

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:34 PM | Locked

March video is here!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:01 PM | Locked

Deb

It really isn't that much fabric.   She is using "strings" for the blocks.  Very pretty blocks.  Just watched the videos.  Of course I still need to do Feb. blocks....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:22 PM | Locked

Nana:
Of course I still need to do Feb. blocks....LOL>

I just got mine done, it's still Feb so I guess I'm not behind!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:32 PM | Locked

Nana,

I just watched the Videos too. Not as bad as I thought. When I saw you needed 30-40 strips, seemed like alot.

Wow, I thought you did Feb blocks already. Think I have my fabric picked out, but have to work the next 4 days.  Might get some cutting done in the next 4 days. :)

Dainty Deb 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:34 PM | Locked

Jacy,

Very pretty blocks. :) Love your mix of colors.

Dainty Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:37 PM | Locked

Sooooo.... who is going to be the first to post March blocks???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Page 57 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use