Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 48 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:02 PM | Locked

Love your colors and I'm green with envy 'cause I haven't done my blocks yet.  

I did go today at lunch time and got my background fabric.  The rest of my fabric will come from my stash.  I'm anxious to get sewing but I'm one of those who have to wash my fabric before I use it.  I probably won't get started till this weekend.  Oh well, it's hard to wait but at least I have something to look forward to.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:59 AM | Locked

Everyones blocks are so pretty.  I have got to get some time to get these done.  Have been busy with clients and hospice quilts and there just are not enough hours in the day.  Then hips, back and hands decided they were not attached to the same body and that slowed me down. (not that I am a speed demon on the best of days)  but I still have not put the BOM from EQ together, and now I am 4 blocks behind on this,  oh well, the turtle did win the race.  I am not even sure what colors I want to do this in.  Good Grief.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 8:31 AM | Locked

It has been so much fun seeing the variations in fabrics.  Everyone has such beautiful choices.  Really looking forward to see what we have next. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

I notice that some quilters are using Minkie on the back of baby quilts.  What is minkie?

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:26 AM | Locked

Jap, It is  plush type fabric, very soft and cuddly

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

I used Minke for my robe with a flannel lining.  Beyond warm and so soft.  I preshrunk the flanned but it still shrunk more giving my robe a look not seen outside the house.  I travel with a different robe.  I will never give up this one and may be buried in it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 11:29 AM | Locked

Craftsy has Beyond Machine Quilting on sale at 50% off.   Looks like a really good class on quilting if anyone is interested.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:12 PM | Locked

Nana,I just purchased it last night ,and I 've been thru about 6 lessons so far , really good ,she makes it look so easy .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 495
Jennifer Wingard replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:36 PM | Locked

I signed up for the class, but haven't had time to make the January blocks yet, let alone get started on the February blocks. I really don't like some of the blocks, though. I know I'm picky, but I kind of hate the designs. I guess I should soldier on, but it's tough to put a bunch of work into learning to quilt when I think the patterns are ugly. :(

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Just got back on the computer after a couple days off. Great bunch of blocks to come back to.

Patti, love both of your sets. Really like the large blue floral.

Jeanine, great blocks and that's a lot of snow.We have had a couple of days of much needed rain.

Anne, pretty blocks, I like the way you used the stripes

Patricia.pretty blocks, looks like a fairly easy fix on the chevron

Shari, bright and pretty blocks. Looks like spring.

I've got mine done just need to take a picture..

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:44 PM | Locked

Jennifer ,that makes sense to me if you don't like the patterns no sense in making it, then its a waste of precious fabric. Nothing wrong with that, everyone has differnt likes . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 495
Jennifer Wingard replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:47 PM | Locked

Well, I kind of feel like I should at least LEARN the technique. But the blocks would probably go straight for the bin afterward, so what's the point. I seem to LOVE the one no one else really likes--the chevron. But then, I'm a little nuts for chevrons in general...must be something to do with my military hubby's uniforms. ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 2,430
KathyColorado replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 5:10 PM | Locked

Okay, I've been looking at everyone's blocks and decided to join the fun.  I'm using scraps available from the QG and will be doing a scrappy quilt to give as a caring quilt.  While the wacky blocks were fun, I think I'm with Jennifer....I like the Chevron the most so far.7043.BlockOfMonth_Feb_Patterns.pdf

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,447
Points 116,345
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

KathyColorado:
I'm using scraps available from the QG and will be doing a scrappy quilt

Kathy, I just love what you've done with these blocks. Great job.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Jennifer, I agree with you , I dont like the block pattern either. So I decided not to make them and waste my fabric, although, learning the technique is important to me. So maybe I will use my stach that I dont care about  Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Page 48 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use