Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 157 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 8:38 AM | Locked

Donna B

WOW!  ZOWEE!  Your Craftsy BOM is outstanding.   I love it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Belfrybat:
One question, where did you find the pattern on the 3rd block on the bottom row?  I really like it, and haven't seen that one before.   I'm guessing you substituted it for one of the hexi blocks?

Thanks BB - Yes, that block was a substitution for one of the hexi blocks.  I got the idea looking through the pictures on Craftsy that others had done and came up with the tumbling blocks that create the star in the center and a giant hexi on the outer edge.  I still have some doubts about that block.  It is soooo bold, I feel it overpowers the other blocks.  That is why I am trying to use more splashes of purple in other blocks to balance it out.  Hopefully that will work.

That is one of the things I am finding very enjoyable about this Craftsy BOM...you do not have to do exactly as demonstrated.  If you scroll through the project pictures on Craftsy BOM you will see many, many variations of the blocks.  That, to me, is one thing I love about quilting...there are so many options! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 10:24 AM | Locked

Thanks Max, Ginny, Marie, and Joni!  It will be a "colorful" quilt...LOL!  Quite a contract to Max's B&W...which I absolutely love. 

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Hi

They look great.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,399
Points 361,057
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:02 AM | Locked

Donna B:
Here are my blocks for August.  

Donna,

your August blocks are lovely. All your blocks look fantastic together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,399
Points 361,057
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:03 AM | Locked

Belfrybat:
I finished the log cabin and the 9 square blocks. 

Well done Belfrybat.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 7:38 AM | Locked

I spent an hour yesterday reviewing this thread and seeing the creativity of folks here blows me away.  I'm learning so much from you all.  I finished the Dresdens last evening and photographed everything to date.  I'm missing April -- hexi, and will decide later what to substitute.  Sorry about the poor image quality but the flash on the camera wasn't wide enough for all the blocks. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

BB-well done!

After seeing all of these beautiful squares that everyone has done, I think I'm going to jump in and see what I can do.  Not that I NEED another project, you understand, but something quick & easy to fill in the empty spaces, lol!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,399
Points 361,057
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Belfrybat:
I finished the Dresdens last evening and photographed everything to date. 

I love your Dresdens. Your blocks look really good together. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 12:12 PM | Locked

Belfrybat;

Great looking blocks

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 12:45 PM | Locked

Susie:

BB-well done!

After seeing all of these beautiful squares that everyone has done, I think I'm going to jump in and see what I can do.  Not that I NEED another project, you understand, but something quick & easy to fill in the empty spaces, lol!

Jump in!  The water's fine.  And I doubt any of us *need* a new project.  <grin>  But I have to say this is really fun, and since I'm a beginner, it has been a great learning experience.  I'm glad that there are two weeks left before the next lesson as I really need to get something else done (like the dishes, laundry, sweeping, etc. etc.). 

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

Very nice BB, all your blocks look great together.  Congratulations!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:51 PM | Locked

Belfrybat:
I'm glad that there are two weeks left before the next lesson as I really need to get something else done (like the dishes, laundry, sweeping, etc. etc.). 

Belfrybat,

If you have time to do all that 'stuff' commonly referred to as 'housework', then you need more quilting projects going on!  

We need to find you some additional free BOM projects to get involved in, so you can work back and forth on them.

Your current project is looking great!  I just love the blues...it already looks warm and snuggly.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,200
Points 239,052
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 12:07 PM | Locked

Donna B - love the added purple to your blocks - they are all just awesome.

Belfrybat, Yep we need to have more quilting projects to keep us off of those housework chores - although I don't allow myself to sew right now till I do my household chores - sometimes I cheat and have DH do the dishes so I don't have them to do - but lately he has been balking at this request... I am one of those people that has to have everything in order - so when I sit down to sew if I see something that needed doing I have to get it done so I feel comfortable sitting at my sewing table.  Your blocks are just fantastic - wanted to tell you that - I love that blue fabric - brings them all together.

And here are my August blocks - I did complete them back the first of the month but kept forgetting to load the pictures from my camera - till the missionaries stopped by and wanted a picture with DH - so loaded them all in at the same time...

My blocks are pale in comparison to those posted - very muted in color but they will work for a very pretty quilt for Echo!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 12:27 PM | Locked

Thea,

Your blocks are wonderful!  Your quilt is going to have that soft dainty feel to it for Echo. Its going to be so pretty.

Max

Page 157 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use