Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 100 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 780
Grammy Carole replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:42 PM | Locked

I love all the blocks that have been posted.  the colors are great and the creativity here in the Club is wonderful and you all are so inspirationalI hope you like my April blocks.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,455
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:08 PM | Locked

Grammy Carole:

I love all the blocks that have been posted.  the colors are great and the creativity here in the Club is wonderful and you all are so inspirationalI hope you like my April blocks.

I do like your blocks, very much. Wonderful flower.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:41 PM | Locked

JAP:

Judy EE, you inspired me to get to work and finish these blocks.  I thought yours were so cute.  I was working on mine, but just couldn't get my heels dug in to finish them.  Here they are & also a picture of  the Jan. through April blocks which are laid on my background fabric so that I can get a feel for how this quilt is going to look.

Love your April blocks JAP.  It's great the way your blocks seem to 'float' on the background. It going to be a wonderful quilt!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:43 PM | Locked

Grammy Carole:

I love your blocks!  the flower is so 'spring'

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:45 PM | Locked

Love the blocks Jap,your tree is just great with the blue.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:48 PM | Locked

I do like them, the purple flower is just the thing for April.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 907
Points 16,795
Patricia Faye replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 8:16 PM | Locked

Judy EE, your blocks do look like they are floating.  This will be a beauty!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:33 PM | Locked

JAP:
Here they are & also a picture of  the Jan. through April blocks which are laid on my background fabric so that I can get a feel for how this quilt is going to look.

It's going to be beautiful JAP. Nice work on the hexies.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:34 PM | Locked

Grammy Carole:
I hope you like my April blocks.

I like them Grammy Carole. Pretty colours.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:09 AM | Locked

WOW!  All the various April blocks have been wonderful to see - from the actual two patterns to the variations of GFG, Spring flowers, snowflakes, Christmas trees and even hot air balloons - they all are great.  Kudo's to those who can think out of the box - not sure what I will come up with but think it is time to hit the sewing room and least try and do something..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 3:41 AM | Locked

Grammy Carole,

Love your flower block.  That's what I was thinking of doing, very nice.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:01 AM | Locked

JAP--Really like how you Christmas Quilt is coming. Love that bright blue!  Just makes the colors pop. 

Carole- The flower is darling!  Love the purple/green combination.

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 2,430
KathyColorado replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

Oooh.....I'm liking the April blocks.  Just tried to download the course materials and the link takes me to a google signin in screen. Does anybody know what's up with that?

Kathy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 154
Points 2,070
Gina C replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 7:54 PM | Locked

Kathy, I'm not sure how you are downloading it, but I clicked on "file" and then on "download".  It brought up a menu at the bottom of the page.  I clicked on "save as" and brought up the folder I wanted to save it in.  I think I was sent to the google sign in first.  Don't remember how I did that.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 12:14 AM | Locked

Well I got my second April block done.  I couldn't get anything else I tried to work, so I basically did the first block twice - I just changed up the color placement and centered the applique this time.  I think it looks OK.  Not as creative as some of you all, but at least I got it done.  I do have to admit, I'm getting a bit better at applique (still don't really like it, but I'm getting better at it.  :)

I think at least a few more blocks will need to have a solid black background to make these work, but I'm ok with that.  We still have several months to go so I'm sure I can work it in somewhere.

I am glad I learned something new.  I might even make a hegagon pillow or baby blanket at some point - it was the applique that kind of got to me.  EPP would be a nice portable project for waiting at Dr. appointments and such.  I have a ton of 4 inch '30's blocks already cut so if I just made some 1.75" hexegons I could use a few of them up.  Then again, maybe not.  It's nice to have options, though.

I love all of your blocks.  I wish I could have come up with something more creative, but I'm pleased to be finished (I think the April blocks took me as long as all of the others did added together!)

I should get to bed - we have dinner with my husband's family tomorrow (actually, make that later today!)  I have my pasta salad made and got my hair trimmed today, so I'm all prepared.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• | Post Points: 95
Page 100 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use