rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 200
Melody Posted: Thu, Dec 8 2011 10:52 AM

Hi Everyone!

Sending a good morning hello from chilly eastern Colorado to all my new "e" friends!

I've been a quilter for over 20 years but have only recently returned to this lovely and timeless art. After 6 years of working a "town job", I quit and came home in July of this year.  My sewing room that was packed up and put into storage when I went to work is now nearly completely set up again and the house remodel that has been an ongoing adventure during my working years is nearing completion as well.

My husband and I farm on the plains of CO where my DH grew up.  (We've been back almost 16 years now. After having successful careers in Denver, we decided farm life was the better environment to raise our kids.)  Our DK's are 20 (daughter) and 18 (son) and both are now in college, beginning their adult lives. 

My fingers are itching to get back on the machines.  I do have a few, ranging from a Janome that I use for heavy sewing, like denim and chenille quilts, to a Pfaff that I use for all my piecing and regular sewing.  I have a new felting machine that I am anxious to try out and will post pics as soon as I have something to show.  But the machine I'm most eager to try is a new Brother embroidery machine my husband just bought for me!  (I should ask for machine upgrades more often I think!)

Other experiences I've enjoyed are the local 4-H girls, and the ladies group that I taught for about 6 years before I took my town job.  I really miss the companionship of fellow quilters, and am eager to make new friends here.

I've made too many quilts to count, but have given most of them away.  Now that I have more time on my hands, I intend to remedy that and begin keeping some of the pieces I create.  I love to design my own pieces, and learned to do that through a Color Theory and Design class I took several years ago,  I still have my class pieces and will post them to my portfolio as soon as I can get my husband to teach me.  Both he and my kids are miles ahead of me on that front---for a while at least. :-)

Am looking forward to getting to know you all and hope to contribute frequently!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 10:56 AM

hello melody, welcome to the group.  i look forward to seeing your portfolio

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 11:01 AM

Melody

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  I look forward to seeing pics of your many quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 11:01 AM

Hi Melody, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 11:14 AM

HI. Welcome. We are glad to have you here with your expertice. I always have questions and the more people to answer the better!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome to our happy "little" family Melody.  I am looking forward to seeing some of your work when you get it posted. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 11:28 AM

Welcome from nippy Alberta!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 1:47 PM

Welcome, Melody, from Nevada.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:12 PM

Hey, Melody -

We are getting quite a little group here from Colorado...  I live in Northglenn.  Where are you?  Out towards Brush, maybe, or Wiggins?  Deer Trail?  Just wondering.... welcome!  Maybe we will see each other at a Shop Hop or Sew Expo.  After all, it's a small world!  :D

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:13 PM

Welcome Melody. Sounds like you have thing you can teach us. And, we are so glad to have you.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:15 PM

Hi, Melody. We are so glad to have you. Sounds like you may have things to teach us.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 350
PamJo replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 3:15 PM

Melody,

Welcome! I too live in Colorado.  However, I live on the western slope now.  We moved here from Strasburg about 30 years ago.   I really enjoy the mountains, and I really miss the plains.    Where in Eastern Colorado are you? 

You will find this group to be friendly, helpful and very supportive.

Hope you enjoy.

PamJo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,130
Points 386,942
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 3:44 PM

Hello Melody. Welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,310
Points 255,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 3:51 PM

Melody, welcome form ,the "Show Me State" nice to have you with us, We look foward to seeing some of your new projects ,  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Melody.

Margaret

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.