Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 4:41 PM

Hi Amy!  Welcome!  I had the same experience you are talking about years ago and It really discouraged me.  It was a family member who thinks to this day that she is The Quilter of The Entire World.......It really hurt my feelings and It has taken a long time for me to get back to what I love......quilting.  It also damaged our relationship and it will never be the same again sad to say.  so just tell them to buzz off and keep on keeping on.......

happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:50 PM

gini:
the person that told you it was cheating, needs to get a life. 

HA!  I was going to say the same thing but Gini beat me to it!

Who cares how you cut your pieces!!!?  Be proud of your work  :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club Amy.  Sorry to hear that the joy of your first quilt was ruined by someone.  You did not cheat on cutting so you should feeel proud of your hard work on your first quilt.  I use the Accuquilt go and I love it.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 7:09 PM

Welcome, Amy! Ditto here too!!! Something like that remark would get me so riled I would put all that energy into making another WALMART quilt. Hope you enjoy your time here with us at QCA I would say their a great bunch of people. Looking forward to seeing your quilt !!!  Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 735
abbey replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:00 PM

Sorry to hear that that happened to you. Definately not cheating. Whatever works the best for you is what works the best for you. I personally am slightly jealous that I'm still cutting with a rotary cutter and mat, but then I'm young, it's  time to start savign some serious money...maybe it will be my college graduation present to myself. Something to make my cutting life easier. Don't be discouraged and don't let others get you down, because of the way you do things.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 10:31 PM

Hi Amy!  Now that the cutting question has been resolved, I'd like to say Welcome to the Club!  We're happy you found us.  With a full time job and young ones at home, you must be very busy, but when you get the chance, please pop in to say hi and tell us how your quilting experiences are going.  Ask any questions - there are some very talented quilters here who would be happy to offer guidance - and it comes without judgment!  We'd also love to know more about you personally.  So come play with us anytime!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use