Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa Gifts Recieved ..2011

Page 5 of 20 (299 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 298 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Well 2 of the 3 packages that DH sent for me on Black Friday have arrived at their destinations.  One left --- Secret Santa is still on her way.  Must be on a truck somewhere because the tracking still says that it departed Doraville GA on Weds.  Still estimating that it will arrive on the 6th.  We shall see.  I wonder if the card I sent has already arrived at _________

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335

Ms MoomMist:

LOL my mailman acts the same way... He even told my DH that I received too many packages. Now, they are talking about moving our main sorting facility 120 miles away... oh his job will change I'm sure.

My gift get mailed today.

xoxoxo,

Oh I would miss my mailman if he left.  He's so good to me.  If I get a personal package at the office on a Saturday, he drops it off at my house (don't get any ideas here, I'm on his route!) !

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335

Ginny:

Debbie-do, you sure have a sweet helper there.   Is that a Horn sewing cabinet thast you have your gifts on?  What I can see looks similar to mine except mine is white with the wooden edges.  ...Ginny

Yes ma'am, it's a Horn.  I bought it back in 2003 with my new machine. It was one of the few perks from my last marriage.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Debbie-do:

Ms MoomMist:

LOL my mailman acts the same way... He even told my DH that I received too many packages. Now, they are talking about moving our main sorting facility 120 miles away... oh his job will change I'm sure.

My gift get mailed today.

xoxoxo,

Oh I would miss my mailman if he left.  He's so good to me.  If I get a personal package at the office on a Saturday, he drops it off at my house (don't get any ideas here, I'm on his route!) !

Yes, I use to have a couple of really great post persons. But the new one (others retired) doesn't know how to read I swear! We get all kinds of mail that doesn't belong to us and so I'm sure others are getting ours too. I want John or Darlene back. They were fabulous and always had a smile and a hello.

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,586
Points 51,800
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:18 AM

Thought so.  I love, love, love my Horn.  I think I got mine somewhere around that time too.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 2:00 PM

Ms MoomMist:

Yes, I use to have a couple of really great post persons. But the new one (others retired) doesn't know how to read I swear! We get all kinds of mail that doesn't belong to us and so I'm sure others are getting ours too. I want John or Darlene back. They were fabulous and always had a smile and a hello.

The mail that is delivered wrong is what we postal employees (retired) call DPS.  It has been sorted by a Bar Code Sorting Machine and put in order for the carrier.  When delivering the find the first piece and the last piece for that address and put it in the mail box.  Believe it or not, if they are caught "casing" it themselves and thumbing through it, they get in trouble.  Bar Code Sorters are great pieces of equipment, as they can sort letters at the rate of 10 per second.   That is one of the ways the USPS has tried to save money...the other is closing down post offices that don't pay for themselves.  There are many post offices, especially in small towns that don't take in enough money to pay the postmaster's salary, let alone any clerks or rural carriers that may work out of there.  They are planning to close the Reno Processing Center and send the mail to Sacramento for processing.  It ought to be interesting as there are no flights between Sacramento and Reno and the interstate closes frequently during snow storms.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Ms MoomMist:

The mail that is delivered wrong is what we postal employees (retired) call DPS.  It has been sorted by a Bar Code Sorting Machine and put in order for the carrier.  When delivering the find the first piece and the last piece for that address and put it in the mail box.  Believe it or not, if they are caught "casing" it themselves and thumbing through it, they get in trouble.  Bar Code Sorters are great pieces of equipment, as they can sort letters at the rate of 10 per second.   That is one of the ways the USPS has tried to save money...the other is closing down post offices that don't pay for themselves.  There are many post offices, especially in small towns that don't take in enough money to pay the postmaster's salary, let alone any clerks or rural carriers that may work out of there.  They are planning to close the Reno Processing Center and send the mail to Sacramento for processing.  It ought to be interesting as there are no flights between Sacramento and Reno and the interstate closes frequently during snow storms.

I certainly understand that, but when the delivery person is at your mailbox and the top piece is the guy down the street and he doesn't notice it, that isn't the machines fault. lol

They are talking about shutting down the sorting facility for a city over 100,000 pop. and 120 miles from Pittsburgh, when we are 100 miles between Cleveland and Buffalo. How far is Reno from Sacramento? And we are in the biggest snow belt on the East coast, someone isn't thinking here.

I got other beefs with the service and I don't mean the service itself but some of the management, some of them are real "pinheads" to coin a phrase lol, no harm intended. Just wish that Americans would take more pride in their work, rather than depend upon unions and company exec to take care of them. Same goes for UPS and FedEx, it is like "I am only here because I have to be here." attitude, rather than I love my job and look forward to improving my state in life.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:02 PM

Ms. MoomMist, Sacramento is about 130 miles from Reno and you have to cross the infamous Donner Pass, which is not always easy in the winter at 7,800 feet.  And we all are and have always been disgruntled with postal management.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:59 PM

I received my Secret Santa gift today and the grandsons just couldn't wait for me to open it.  They couldn't figure out why anyone would send me fabric since I have a whole bedroom full of it.  Little do they know that a quilter can never have too much fabric.  I'm posting a picture of my haul.

Thank you, Marsha, the fabric is beautiful.  My daughter has already tried to claim the doily, my youngest grandson wants the scissors, and the middle grandson wants me to make him a quilt just like the cross.  They both claimed the candy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 9:29 PM

Karla, what beautiful gifts you recieved, better hide them from the grandkids LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 9:44 PM

Karla

Awesome gifts.  I love the cross.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,824
Points 67,970
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:14 PM

Ms MoomMist:
I am only here because I have to be here." attitude, rather than I love my job and look forward to improving my state in life.

Ms MoonMist I spent 35 years delivering mail and I can't say I loved every day but for the most part I did. I tried my best to do a good job every day. I loved most of the people on my route( twenty years on the last one) and most of them loved me back.( There are always some people you just can't please no matter what you do.) And I know that most of the other letter carriers thought and did the same way. We were not responseable for poor management, Post Master Generals that don't know thier behind from a hole in the ground. Postal workers are not responseable for the drop in mail volume. If you want to place blame, how about all of those who choose to pay their bills online, yes I know it's eaiser and cheaper than paying 43 cents for a letter that goes from your mailbox and travels across the country and only 1 % goes wrong but 1 % of millions of pieces a day that's a small %. It is now cheaper for one facility to process mail. My own mail now goes to Miami and then back to the different stations in Fort Lauderdale and Pompano for delivery. Sorry about the rant but it frosts my butt to be lumped in that group of so called union workers that just set back and wait for payday

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:21 PM

Great to hear you defend the USPS Bonita.  I, too, am a retired postal employee, but not a carrier.  My daughter, however, is a mail carrier.  I was a clerk, then the Confidential Secretary for the best postal manager in the world who actually cared about his employees and did things the right way.  After that I became and Automation Readability Specials/Mailpiece Design Analyst working with printers and graphic designers so mail would be readable by the automation equipment.  I ended my career as an Account Executive/Manager, servicing all of the large mailers in the Reno area. 

I'm also very sensitive about being lumped in with the few who believe it is just a job, it was my career and I loved it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,824
Points 67,970
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:29 PM

Thanks Karla, I've been retired for 3 1/2 years now and my new career is in child care now, taking care of two cutie pies. One just turned 1 in NOv and the other was three in July. They keep me busy and tired. LOL I have put my soap box away for the night.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:32 PM

I've been retired for about 5-1/2 years...and now provide day care for my grandsons, ages 6 and 8.  It's not a paying job, but they do keep me busy.  I have to do all of my quilting while they are in school.

Page 5 of 20 (299 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use