Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa Gifts Recieved ..2011

Page 4 of 20 (299 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 298 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 11:48 AM

Sure glad that Dec 5 is the actual date as I have most of my stuff setting on the back side of the long arm - need to buy some yummy goodies and  finish a couple other little details and I can put all of it in the flat rate box, do postage online for it and drop it off at the PO on Monday.  I have had good luck with the online postage thus far and you get the tracking info for free.  However you need to print off a SCAN form that the postal employee scans and that way you have proof of mailing.

I think I will be lazy this year and give lots of gift cards - have had Christmas's before where I have paid tons of $$ for shipping - when DD was in Germany years ago, it was ridiculous.  But they appreciated the gifts being so far from family.  I am sure all the DGD's will have fun shopping after Christmas sales.

Marge P

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 5,025

Glad you like the goodies!  Thanks for telling me about this discussion--I had a hard time finding it.  Phew!

Renton Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 3:31 PM

Hey everyone ,after you receive your packages its okay to let everyone know who your SS was ,and we want pictures ,so we can all share in the fun.. don't be shy now ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 3:50 PM

Maggie:

Marge, just have to share this.  Sunday I ordered the Angry Birds cake  toppers from Amazon.  Mind you, I live about 25 miles from their largest facility.  No record  until today and this is what it said:

11/29  8:48 a.m.  Shipment left Seller Facility - Phoenix

11/29 1:39 P.M.  Fedex Smartpost Arrival Scan - Phoenix

11/30  7:08 a.m. Fedex Smartpost In transit to pickup location - Phoenix

11/30 7:08 a.m.  Department Scan - Phoenix

11/30 10:12 a.m. Arival Scan - Phoenix

Huh?  Is this package on a conveyor belt somewhere going round and round?   Delivery is 3 - 5 business days (so latest its supposed to be delivered is Friday).    Keep your fingers crossed for me - the big birthday party is saturday and an angry birds cake just won't be the same without angry birds.

Maggie, when I lived in Phoenix, there were times when items I mailed to Michigan got there quicker than items mailed to a destination across town!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 4:47 PM

We live in Ellijay, GA. about 65 miles to Atlanta. When we mail something to an address in Ellijay, it goes to Atlanta then comes back to Ellijay.  I can send something to my son in Orlando quicker then to my neighbor. Go figure.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:54 PM

Sheri A.:

Maggie:

Maggie, when I lived in Phoenix, there were times when items I mailed to Michigan got there quicker than items mailed to a destination across town!

Sheri, it hasn't changed.    In fairness to Phoenix, the Angry Birds did fly into my mailbox today in time to top one of the birthday cakes for this weekend.  Phew! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:24 PM

Kathy!!!  Thank you for all my goodies.  I'm not sure who was happier... me or Buddy!!  You're helping me with my new found goal of testing all the grocery store Starbucks flavors out there.  The fabric is very pretty.  I especially like the bluebonnets.  And that doiley!  WoW!  You made that??  I wish I could do that sort of thing but I never really took to crochet.  It's beautiful.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!  And how clever was that to cushion everything with batting!?  I'll use that too!!

Buddy wasn't going to get off my loot so I just took the picture with him there.  He and Sophie thank you for the treats!

Finally they both vacated the table so I could get a picture...

Buddy has decided the box that it all came in is more fun to play with.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:36 PM

You are welcome Debbie-do....I wasn't sure what your last name was but I thought this was YOU!! and yes I made the doily.....hope you enjoy all of it!  did you have a good time unwrapping everything?  My dh's idea!!  ROFLOL!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:09 PM

Debbie look at all your neat stuff and I can see the babies are having a great time ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:32 PM

Barbara:

Debbie look at all your neat stuff and I can see the babies are having a great time ..Barbara

They were horsing around for at least 1/2 an hour with just the box!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:36 PM

KATHY :

You are welcome Debbie-do....I wasn't sure what your last name was but I thought this was YOU!! and yes I made the doily.....hope you enjoy all of it!  did you have a good time unwrapping everything?  My dh's idea!!  ROFLOL!!

My mail man didn't know quite what to think ...   he brought me the box (had it delivered to the office) and when I saw what it was I got all giddy and said, " OOOOO  Toys!!!!"  He mumbled something like "I don't want to know" and left pretty quickly with a wave of his hand.   LOL  I loved unwrapping each piece.  I did the same thing to my giftees who should be getting their boxes on Monday!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:41 PM

roflol!  how funny!  was worried that your coffee cup would be crushed to smitherines.......glad to know that the batting did its job.....cant have new coffee without a new cup......

now you have somehing new for the pj party!  new coffee flavor/cup  lol

night girly!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:03 AM

Debbie-do, you sure have a sweet helper there.   Is that a Horn sewing cabinet thast you have your gifts on?  What I can see looks similar to mine except mine is white with the wooden edges.  ...Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Debbie-do:

KATHY :

My mail man didn't know quite what to think ...   he brought me the box (had it delivered to the office) and when I saw what it was I got all giddy and said, " OOOOO  Toys!!!!"  He mumbled something like "I don't want to know" and left pretty quickly with a wave of his hand.   LOL  I loved unwrapping each piece.  I did the same thing to my giftees who should be getting their boxes on Monday!

LOL my mailman acts the same way... He even told my DH that I received too many packages. Now, they are talking about moving our main sorting facility 120 miles away... oh his job will change I'm sure.

My gift get mailed today.

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Debbie - nice haul. :o)  Boxes are always a highlight at the Greenberg household too as are open drawers and cabinet doors.  I think cats have a sixth sense when it comes to things they can investigate.  . 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 4 of 20 (299 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use