Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Loretta Posted: Wed, Nov 23 2011 8:07 AM

Glad to join QCA and forum.  I live in Connecticut, am newly retired and am indulging myself in all the sewing and quilting I want, when I can squeeze the time.  As my adult son isn't married but my niece is, her adorable 18 month old Isabella is the prime target for my quilts and for knitted sweaters.  I also enjoy creating my own landscape designs in wall-hangings.  Love creating quilt blocks but admit that making large quilts in the same blocks do bore me if I don't stick with it.  This no longer makes me feel guilty, however.  : )

Have made lots of quilts, a majority of which I've gifted to family and friends.  I've also made a Baltimore Album which is still in quilt-top stage as I vacillate between adding more blocks and silk-ribbon and bead embroidery, which I LOVE to do.  It's great to join the forum and I look forward to reading and chatting with the other members.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Loretta 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 8:22 AM

Loretta,welcome to the club, You will enjoy your time here , It sounds like you are keeping busy whcih is good , Hope to see some pictures of your quilts someday ,,You and your family have a happy Thanksgiving ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Loretta!  And Happy Thanksgiving!  We are glad you have joined in our fun.  There is an applique group that is working on Baltimore Country Cousins (I  think that is what it is called).  You may want to go over to the group tab and see everything that is going on over there.  There are a lot of different groups that you can check out. 

Since you get bored making the same block, I guess you will just have to do sampler quilts :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,500
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 8:49 AM

Loretta

Welcome to the site.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.    If you enjoy applique and embellishments you should check out 2 of our groups.   The Applique Group and the Crazy Quilt Group.   I think you enjoy both.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 1:33 PM

hi loretta, welcome to the group    there is a group on here called crazy quilts.  you might be interested in some of the embroidery and bead work done over there.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 2:03 PM

Welcome to QCA, Loretta.  You're going to like it here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 2:25 PM

welcome

to this site  Loretta!  Hope you and your famiy have a happy thanksgiving!

happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 3:47 PM

Welcome, Loretta, Where in Conn. are you located? I,m originally from Worcester, Mass. Sure do miss it this time of year. Please show us some of your quilts. Sounds like you have lots of experience. Don,t be afraid to share that knowledge with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family . I bet that baby brings you a lot of joy!!! Susan Jacksonville, Florida

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:01 PM

Welcome, Loretta, The best to you and yours this Thanksgiving.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:22 PM

Welcome, Loretta. Hope you enjoy your time with us and learn new things.  As everyone else,said, there are lots of different groups here. We have Retreats each year ,so look for them. Glad to have you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you are your family.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:23 PM

Marge, how bad was the storm down your way yesterday? I was so worried about you and Joni. Up here it was much ado about nothing. Thank the Lord.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 870
Sheila H replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:36 PM

Hi welcome to the forum from another new board member I signed up a few days ago. I love it here everyone is very friendly I hope you enjoy your time here like I do. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Nov 23 2011 5:09 PM

Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.  Check out the mystery quilt groups.  We just completed a really fun mystery quilt and it was a fun journey!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Loretta, welcome to QCA.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Margaret

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use