Newbie from Knoxville

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
Aguthrie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:43 PM

Hello, my name is Ashley. I am new to the area (nearish Knoxville) and having been looking for someone who does machine quilting. I have made a quilt top for my daughters birthday but do not have the means to machine quilt it myself nor the time to hand quilt it right now.  I noticed in your post you mentioned sending your quilts out to someone and was wondering if you could point me to someone who does long arm quilting.  Thank you for your time! 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:39 PM

hi ashley, welcome to the group.   i can't help you , but i'm sure someone on here will be able to direct you to a good machine quilter

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:37 PM

Ashley

I am sorry but I don't know any long arm quilters.  I do machine quilting on my domestic machine.  Try checking at some of the local quilt shops.  They usually have the names of some the people in your area.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:55 PM

Welcome Ashley. I hope you find someone to quilt your top.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:14 AM

Welcome newbies! 

In regard to your FMQ, please check and find a quilting group in your area, join and then welcome to the wonderful world of quilting.  There will be many people who will be only too happy to share their knowledge, and possibly some who will be happy to quilt for your for a more REASONABLE $$ than at the shops.

Start with your local churchs, fabric store and community centers.  Knoxville should be a wonderful area to find quilting groups.

Good luck, happy hunting and please keep us posted.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:06 AM

Hi Ashley,   I'm in Morristown, TN about 30 west of Knoxville.  I have a woman who does great long arm quilting here in town.  Her prices are also reasonable.  If you'll friend me, I'll pass along her name and number.  She's also a friend and member of my quilt guilds that I belong to.  Hope to hear from you.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 3,415

Hey Ashley!

I'm in Oliver Springs (just outside of Oak Ridge). My long-arm quilter is Diana Lacy of Lacy Quilting Service. She's in West Knoxville. Email her at diana@ivdc.com. You can also check out Carolyn at Mid-South Sewing in West Knox on Kingston Pike. Both women are extremely reasonable on their pricing, do excellent work, and are personal friends of mine.

Good luck and hope that helps!

Rachel

Rachel in East Tennessee

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use