Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 355
Gwennie Posted: Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:36 AM

My name is Gwennie and I live in a rural area of NSW.  My youngest daughter introduced me to quilting 10 years ago.  Since then I have been an off and on stitcher, teachjng myself from books and magazines.  I jojned QCA back in June and have been reading everyone's posts with interest and thought it was time to add a line. I have a problem with quilts in that I seem to enjoy making tops more than finishing the quilt and consequently have a drawer full of uof's.  All my tops are original designs my head thinks of a new idea before my hands can get a quilt finished.   How many of you out there have this problem 

I am going into hospital tomorrow for a week, so it will be a whlle till I write again,

Gwennie

• | Post Points: 200
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Hi Gwennie, welcome, hope everything goes ok

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 4:29 AM

Hi Gwennie, Welcome & I hope it all goes well for you next week. Where about in rural NSW are you? I'm from Penrith in Sydney

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 4:44 AM

Hi Gwennie,

Good luck at the hospital. I'll be praying for you. 

I belong to a large quilt group where several women just make the tops. So I formed a small group of ladies who take those tops and finishes them. Our group then turns them back to the larger group to be distributed at the end of the year to various charities. So to answer your question. You are not the only one with the problem. Some women just like the creativity of making the tops and some of us like making them from start to finish. No worries. You can simply find someone who likes to finish them. You can make tops for her and she can finish for you.

Welcome to QCA! Post some photos of your tops. We looooove photos!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 5:00 AM

Welcome Gwennie. I have a lot of unquilted tops as well. Mostly I like starting more than finishing but sometimes I need to wait for inspiration as I'm not always sure what kind of quilting to do on my tops.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 6:56 AM

Gweenie,welcome to the club. I think we all have more tops then finished quilts, I have been doing alotof my tops for the past 4 weeks getting them finished up . Its been nice to have then up on the walls and cuddling up under one.

Good luck with your hospital stay ,we will look foward to hearing back form you ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:12 AM

Welcome, Gwennie.  Best of luck at the hospital and I look forward to your return to QCA :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:22 AM

Welcome Gwenie and enjoy the site.  Prayers going up for you that all goes well in your hospital stay.  I, like you, love making the tops and have a pile of UFO's.  I'm trying to learn how to quilt so I could finish them.  I used to send the tops out to a long armer but it's just too expensive for me know.  We'd love to see your tops and wish you will post them when you are able.  God Bless

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:55 AM

I didn't know that New SOuth Wales was considered Australia. If that is what NSW stands for. I thought it was a whole other Country.

Prayers are being said for your full and complete recovery.

I think all quilters probably have stacks of UFO's. Goes with the territory. I was just thinking last night that I really should learn machine quilting as I can never afford to get all these quilted.  DH says if I stopped quilt today. It would take the ret of our lives to have a LAQ do all these UFO''s.  Looks like there are classes in my future. My DS1 is taking machine quilting classes and she is going up a storm. I wish I could spend lots of time with her and have her teach me. She is a patient. And, being my bgi DS, I love her to pieces.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 8:09 AM

welcome gwennie!  prayers sent up for you!  looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:52 AM

Gwennie:
I have a problem with quilts in that I seem to enjoy making tops more than finishing the quilt and consequently have a drawer full of uof's.

this is a problem?   i thought this was the norm.  

good luck with your stay in the hospital, i hope you get back to chatting with us quickly.  welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Welcome, Gwennie!

Oregon

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welocme to QCA Gwennie.  I hope everything goes well with your hospital stay.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 4:10 PM

Gwennie

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  Hope everything goes alright with the hospital visit.   And yes I have a bunch of ufo's that just need me to quilt them.  If I could get someone to sandwich them for me I might actually get them quilted....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 9:47 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I didn't know that New SOuth Wales was considered Australia. If that is what NSW stands for. I thought it was a whole other Country.

New South Wales (NSW) is a state of Australia & I will add the best state to live in the whole of Australia - that being said I am sure that aussies from other states like Queensland (Qld), Western Australia (WA) etc, who will disagree with me! lol

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use