Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni Posted: Sat, Oct 31 2009 5:12 AM

Where may I ask questions reading suppliers of quilting fabrics and tools.  About quality of fabrics, about service, etc.  I'm ready to order from a site that has had me drooling for a couple years and am ready to order some fabric, would like some input, would that be appropiate here?

Thanks, again!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 9:53 AM

Joni

I don't know how everyone else feels but I think this is the perfect place to get information from others that may have used the same place.  And it is nice for everyone to find out where the best acquisition spots are....lol

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 9:57 AM

Joni,

Go ahead and post right here!  We aren't shy about offering our opinions!  :-)  What site have you been looking at?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 10:01 AM

Joni,

I'm not sure what site you are ordering from.  I can tell you from my experiences, I have had very nice and really fast service on my orders. If I had any questions or there were any problems, the shop would contact me.  The only time there was a problem was when my package was sent to another state that has a town with the same name mine has, but that was the post office's fault.  Never did find out what happened there, but I finally got it.  The fabric has been of the same quality as at my LQS.  Good luck and happy shopping!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 11:25 AM

Shibori Dragaon, in the northwest, in Washington State.  There wonderful collections of Asain fabrics leave me breathless.  I'm wanting to order and just wanted to know if anyone here has done busines with them.

BTW I have ordered from Connecting Thread with great success and very swift delivery.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 11:34 AM

Joni

I have not ordered from this shop but I have ordered some gorgeous Asians from SeaWatch that are excellent quality and a good price.  Shipment was very quick.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 12:51 PM

Joni,

I haven't ordered from them either, but I did order some Asian fabric (Kona Bay) from Craft Connection.  It is located in Colorado.  The fabric is beautiful and the service was fast.  I started out ordering small amounts to see how it went and if I liked their service, fabric, etc.  Not sure if that is something normally done, but it turned out okay so far and I feel better about ordering more.  The one thing I worried about was if the fabric would look like it did on my computer screen.  So far I haven't been disappointed from any store I have ordered from.

SeaWatch does have some gorgeous Asian fabrics.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 1:36 PM

I have used Connecting Threads, Nancy zeiman's store on line, Keepsake quilters, Fons and Porters, Fat Quarter store, Jo Jo's gift shop, just to name a few, I do alot of shopping on line and have had only 1 time issues with a vender.  As to the quality of products, and service all of the above are great.  So  go for it.  You will find so much more on line.  I still go to the stores too, sometimes you just have to feel it to get the creative juices going.  Right Girls?

from Minnesota

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Joni:

Where may I ask questions reading suppliers of quilting fabrics and tools.  About quality of fabrics, about service, etc.  I'm ready to order from a site that has had me drooling for a couple years and am ready to order some fabric, would like some input, would that be appropiate here?

Thanks, again!

I have not had a problem with any fabric I have ordered on-line so far. Especially if it is a shop that has been around a long time, you should be fine, there would be negative feeback on-line if they did not give good service and good product.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,627
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 2:43 PM

Joni - I have not ordered from the specific shop that you are asking about.  However, I have ordered from a ton and yes I said a ton - lol - of online stores - i do most of my shopping online as we don't have a LQS in my town the closest one is 30 miles approx away and with my compromised immune system it is hard to get out to buy.

I do buy kits from quilt shops that are listed in Quiter's Trends Magazine, from Quilter's World magazine. and other magazines.   I have ordered from Quilt in a Day and had fabulous service - great prices and good quality quilting fabrics.  Connecting threads, Nancys Notions, Quilt Depot, Fabric Shack,   I see something in a magazine and I order it and trust that it will be fine.

i wish I could think of all the shops that I have ordered from in the past 12 years...

here are a few more...

Minky delight - love her minky fabric and the prices are great

the cotton vault

stich-n-frame shop

webfabrics.net

wendystreasures.com - i buy vilene stabilizer from her

thefabriccorner.com

I have searched on the quiltshops.com web search page for fabrics and have total trust in all the shops that they give you links too - you can report a shop to them and they will look into it.

I am a pretty trusting person as far as quilt shops go - every once in a while you do have a problem - I have read on here about a few - I knock on wood that so far I haven't had any.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 2:53 PM

Thanks, I appreciate all your answers, also you have given me more sources.  For me the closest quilt shop is 40 miles, so when I go looking it is a round robin affair as all three shops are the same distance.  I can make 2 of them in a day if I could just get out of the store. 

Sigh!  There is just too much to see, feel and talk about.  I'm definitely Fabric store deprived, it is worse than dieting or keeping track of my sugars and carbs, rats!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,627
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:23 PM

Joni - I usually get to 2 quilts shops once a  month - Martha and I go to our daytime guild meeting the first Monday of each month and we hit the quilt shops that day - the meeting is 70 + miles away and there is a quilt shop in town and then on the way home about 40 miles away is another quilt shop that we stop at - so once a month I get my fix of touching and looking and oohhing and ahhiinng...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Joni:
Sigh!  There is just too much to see, feel and talk about.  I'm definitely Fabric store deprived, it is worse than dieting or keeping track of my sugars and carbs, rats!

Joni,

We don't have a lot of quilt shops around here either.  There is one abt 20+ miles from me and then a couple 40+ plus miles. And, unfortunately, I don't usually see too much that I really like. I think a lot of it has to do with the way it is displayed. The one I reallly liked and found lots I liked closed right after I discoverd it, just my luck LOL  For some reason, I usually do better on-line and everything I've orderd so far has been great.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use