Top 10 Posters

Southeast quilting retreat

Page 62 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:15 AM

Darlene I would love to see the quilt as you go , that would be a real big help for me as I don't have a mid or long arm . I'l going to show everyone who wants to learn how to do twilling ,I'm attending a clas this Sat. and of course GIni and the applique .. So I'm good with whats there myslef.. Thanks for doing the qayg  thatis wonderful. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

About signing our blocks.  What if we each put just our name and where we live on the blocks we're exchanging, then on the one we keep for ourselves we can add the dates and retreat location?  Just a thought.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Nana--

Can you send me the address of the retreat house?  I'm thinking I'll fly into Norfolk because I can get a direct flight from Orlando that will get me there in 2 hrs and there's an airport shuttle that would probably take me to the location.  A flight into Roanoke takes longer and has at least one stop with a layover.  Haven't made a reservation yet, so both options are still open.  Will wait to hear from you, then check shuttle availability.  Thanks.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 11:32 AM

Joyce

I will look up the address and let you know.   Also what time would you be getting into Norfolk?   There is also the possiblity that we could pick you up on the way thru Norfolk depending on the time of your flight.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Nana--

Thanks.  The latest  info I have on flights shows the following choices:  Fri @ 11:05 AM, 5:15 PM or 8:50 PM.  Sat@ 10:30 AM.  If any of these would work with your time frame that would be great, but if not, I'm sure the shuttle will work out.

Joyce

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

MNnancy:

Well, surely some one is going to try to find that seashell fabric at least...

Nancy--

I found the fabric online here:  www.ethelbird.com  There are several pieces in the collection so I copied the images and put them into Quilt-Pro to play with them and have decided to use at least one in my blocks.  Now I'm really excited to order the fabric and get going.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:38 PM

Joyce

We won't be there that early on Sat.  It is about a 4 hr drive from my house.   We will work something out though if the shuttle service doesn't work.   Check in at the house is 3pm on Sat.   Address is Beach Embassy , 3100 Sandfiddler Rd., Virginia Beach, VA.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 5:15 PM

mars92:
Thanks for not putting the brakes on us on the blocks. I appreciate that. Don't fence me in here in Arizona.

Now Marlene, there are no cacti on the Virginia Beach.  There aren't any buttes.  Also no jackrabbits, roadrunners, rattlesnakes, javelina, or tarantulas.  There's got to be a limit to how much freedom we're going to give you with this block!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 5:34 PM

Nancy

There actually are rattlesnakes.  But we don't have any of the other things you mentioned.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 8:01 PM

Nana:
There actually are rattlesnakes.

On the beach????

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 8:03 PM

Nancy

The area does have some wooded areas with rattlesnakes but not on the beach itself.   Don't worry they don't come out in public.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Nana:

List of attendees    All deposits received.    ONE OPENING

Nana, my mom is interested in joining us at the retreat.  She is not a quilter but would love to have something to look forward to. She is 84 and lonely since the death of my dad.    If there is still an opening and another non-quilter would be welcomed, please let me know and I will forward the check for the deposit to you.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 5:32 PM

Darlene

I have one other person that has asked about the retreat.  If she doesn't take the spot your mom is more than welcome.  I will let you know as soon as I know.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Nana:

Darlene

I have one other person that has asked about the retreat.  If she doesn't take the spot your mom is more than welcome.  I will let you know as soon as I know.

Nana, fair enough.  I will be watching.

Thanks

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 5:53 PM

Darlene

I actually went back to my PMs to see which of you posted first....LOL>   I wanted to try and be fair about who got first option on the spot.  I would love to meet your mom.  I bet she has lots of stories to tell.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 62 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use