Top 10 Posters

Southeast quilting retreat

Page 33 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 5:58 AM

Marlene,I feel like such a idiot,I saw your name on the list and it zipped right over the top of my head that it was you. I'm so embarrassed.I can't believe we are going to get to meet you . I have been so busy and have so many things going on here it just didn't  click.    OH I'm so glad your coming..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 6:02 AM

Nan,I to was a nurse ,LPN,I worked many years in NICU,and when I moved to Missouri,they did not use LPN's in there NICU units so I went to home health,weer they used my skill wirh vents trachs and etc. did this work up until this year when I to had to go on disability for my legs,I loved the work but i'm srue enjoying retirement as well..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 6:13 AM

Nana,I ordered my fabric ,today to make out blocksMostly I'm just waiting on the final word, Are you sure we dont want to make our blocks just alittle bigger,? 6 1/2 just seems so small.?

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565
Ginny - this is true. my DH has had three rotator cuff surgeries.  His arm will be totally immoblized so be prepared to help dress and if right hand alot of other little things for him.  Remember to take time for yourself during this time - quilting helps!!
Beth from Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

mars92:

Mary,

AZ is good for retreats in the cooler months- November through March. That would be the Phoenix area. In January we usually have a Quilting in the Desert with lots of great classes to attend.

Summer months would be up in the mountains where it is cooler.

We can always open it up for discussion for everyone to think about with a margarita or Black Russian or glass of wine. LOL

Guess I spent too many years in bed sick because I'm ready to go anywhere and anytime. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 6:58 AM

Barbara:

Nana,I ordered my fabric ,today to make out blocksMostly I'm just waiting on the final word, Are you sure we dont want to make our blocks just alittle bigger,? 6 1/2 just seems so small.?

I must not be reading every entry. What blocks? Do we make blocks to bring? Fill me in, please.  I am a nervous around other people, quilter, so don't let me show up without someting I should have!!!  How big do we want to make our name tags?  Y'all decide.

Sleep study went well, Lisa (tech) had to get me up this morning. My Dr. gave me some good drugs for sleep.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:08 AM

Sukochi, Nana has suggested that we do a block exchange, for this retreat ,most of us enjoy doing them. she mention doing 6 1/2 in sampler blocks made  with oceans colors ,such as teals,blues ,greens and sand colors. I was thinking the blocks need to be just a little bigger ,I'd like to see a 8 or  9 in block  but will go with the majority ,we would have to make one for each one of us there, minus the fellows. I am just waiting on the final  okay from Nana so I can get started. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:20 AM

Ok, Barbara, I can handle that. Will just have to put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. I guess it can be our choice, peiced, appilques, embroidered?  Fun.  I am just so excited to be able to meet all of y'all.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 8:16 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Vacation 2  I am just so excited to be able to meet all of y'all.

Same here Sukochi, My bags are close not packed, but I'm anxiousto go LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 8:18 AM

do my little icons show up and work ..They are all animated .could someone let me know ,thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 8:29 AM

Elaine Phillips:
I have been putting my surgery off for almost a year

Ohh, Wow.   I have been putting mine off for quite a few years, but it has always been helped by steroid injections or physical therepy, or both.  The last time I had an injection though, the doc told me I need to consider the surgery more seriously as too many injectioons can cause enough damage to prevent the surgery from being done.  Oops!  I have decided if or when it starts to hurt again I will definitly go for the surgery.  I saw what happened to my Mom when she didn't have the surgery done---not a pretty sight.   Ginny 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

Barbara - Yes your icons are working.  They make me smile and wish I could do also - still working on signature.

Beth from Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:07 AM

Nan

I worked almost 20 yrs mostly in critical care.  I am now on disability as well.  All those years of lifting patients twice my size by myself did the joints in...now I have arthritis.   But I loved all the years I was able to work.  Nursing is a very rewarding profession.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:08 AM

Nan

A decision hasn't been made on a block exchange.   I want everyone to weigh in and tell us what you would like to do.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:13 AM

BLOCK   EXCHANGE             BLOCK EXCHANGE         BLOCK EXCHANGE

Ok folks.....   Lets go with 8 1/2 in unfinished blocks.   Any block design you want to make that can be used in a sampler.   Use "beachy" colors such as   blues, teals, greens, sand,  etc.       All of your blocks should be the same and make 20.    Please put your name , town, state on each block.     Have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 33 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use