Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 25 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:31 AM

Lee:
It seems Firefox doesn't allow it for this site!

Click on the Reply button at the top the post you want to respond to, highlight the quote and carry on.  We all had to be told it seems like.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:34 AM

I looked in some of the bins that are under my quilting table and will have to have a good turnout.  I have a lot of fabric in there that I haven't been paying any attention to since the reno was done and I moved all my quilting stash.  I don't think I collect any one color, but I'll bet if you looked in my room, it would be mostly greens, my favorite.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,275
Points 254,464
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:57 AM

Lee, I really do not know anything about firefox but I can  with IE. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

Did you buy the book shelves at Ikea too?  Or did you just buy the baskets there? 

Susan Larson

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,502
Points 41,585
Mimi replied on Wed, Nov 2 2011 9:16 PM

Susan - I don't know exactly who your question is for because I haven't read all the posts but if you are asking me, I got the baskets and the bookcases at IKEA.  I don't know if they actually have either item still.  It has been several years since I put my room together. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

Mimi:  Thank you, yes, I was asking you.....  I'm still a newbe and I'm not sure how everything works, but I am progressing.  I looked for the book shelves on line and I didn't see them.  That's why I wanted to double check before I made a trip to the store!  Thanks much. 

Susan Larson

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 1:23 PM

Vivian :

Lee:
It seems Firefox doesn't allow it for this site!

Click on the Reply button at the top the post you want to respond to, highlight the quote and carry on.  We all had to be told it seems like.

TY Vivian. 

The cut and paste I was talking about was cutting something from another site or document and pasting it here.  Maybe I should use IE for this site like Barbara does.

I also wonder what happened to my signature?   Hmmmm

I once had a friend, in grade school, named Vivian. Her brother Fred was in my class.  Haven't met another Vivian until now. ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 1:24 PM

Barbara:

Lee, I really do not know anything about firefox but I can  with IE. Barbara

Thank you Barbara!  I haad a great response from Vivian.  All set now.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 1:26 PM

Mimi:

Susan - I don't know exactly who your question is for because I haven't read all the posts but if you are asking me, I got the baskets and the bookcases at IKEA.  I don't know if they actually have either item still.  It has been several years since I put my room together. 

I LOVE IKEA!  Wish I could afford a few of the things I want from there.  Their prices are really reasonable but my income isn't!  LOL

I went to Jo-Anne Fabrics on Tuesday and walked out poorer!  However, I was able to get some great pieces for cloth for the  Christmas tree wall hanging I'm making.  I now have enough fabric for several Christmas gifts.  The pattern is super simple, and can probably be put together in 24 hours.

Unfortunately, all 3 of my media programs have been corrupted and I cannot transfer pics from my digital card to my computer, not even in a CD form!

I also came across a fantastically beautiful piece of focus fabric from David Textiles Inc.  I love bright and jewel tone colors, and this fabric has it all - plus glitter.  It was on clearance for only $4.00/yd but sells for $12.99/yd.  Picked up another piece before I saw this and when I got home I realized it  was a complementary pattern to the focus fabric, but in stripes!  Sunday, the 6th, Jo-Anne's is having a Veteran's day sale and the focus fabric will be $2.00/yd.  I'm going back for the rest, I only bought 3 yards.  Plus I have a coupon for 25% off total purchase!  YAY! 

THEN, I will be VERY broke for the rest of the month!  But I do have all that fabric and all those wall hangings to make for Christmas, so I will be to busy to go out and spend more$$$!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 12:12 PM

Here's a story in the Huffington Post, June 22, 2012 regarding a sewing room. 

Marion Cannon Schlesinger described a scene when President-elect John F. Kennedy came to her house to meet with high level Democrats to choose people to fill important posts in his new cabinet.  Unexpectedly, he needed to make a private phone call and bounded up the stairs to her messy sewing room to do it!   

You never know what important happenings might have a start -- in a sewing room.  I'd bet it wasn't the first time very important politics and policies were discussed in the vicinity of fabrics, embroidery floss and notions. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/excerpt-when-jfk-came-to-my-house-schlesinger_n_1613799.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D172690

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,348
Points 27,440
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:09 PM

Quiltless, thanks, sew :) interesting

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 325
Carolyn replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:15 PM

I.m not sending a pictur  e now because my space is a work in progress.  Like Marsha, I used to have it scattered all over the place.  Two times I've managed to have a sewing room all my own and both times I've had to give them up to make room for someone else.  I finally took matters into my own hands and purchased one of those storage barns.  I mananged to find an almost new reposessed one which was already insulated in the bottom portion and wired for electricity.  I am now waiting for my DH to install the airconditioning and I will be set up.  I don't have wallboards up yet -just bare insulation which isnt't pretty, but I can live with it for a while.  Sometimes when we have cooler temperatures, I just go out there and sit and dream and thank the Lord for helping me find a solution.

It took a long time for me to realize that having "my stuff" in the house would not work.  It's good to have a site like this one so we can share and learn from one another.  I hope you find a solution for your space and can enjoy it.  Good Luck!!

Carolyn in LA (lower Alabama)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 4:48 PM

Congratulions on your new sewing barn Carolyn. Sounds like it will make a perfect studio for you. And already wired for electric. What a deal!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 5:21 PM

That's a great idea, Carolyn.  Houses just aren't built to accommodate a big personal space to use for something like sewing, quilting and crafting.  Now it looks like the trend is for houses to be built even smaller.  Your idea of converting a storage barn could catch on.  Let us know how it goes.  Enjoy your space!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 411
Points 7,065
Phyllis replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 6:55 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to sort these posts so the latest one shows up first instead of last?  If I had time, I would love to read the posts from last year, but I just don't have that time.  I would love to read and join in on some of these posts that are current

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Page 25 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.