Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 22 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Patti:

Thanks for the heads up about the possible bleeding batiks.  I am going to wash my quilt the first time with that stuff that is supposed to set colors.  And if that doesn't work, there is the other stuff that's supposed to remove the stains caused by bleeding. 

Glad to see that there is "STUFF"  LOL!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 12:28 PM

Nice room I miss my spare room it had all sunlight till the sun went down it rises on that side of the house first. Maybe one day I will have a room to myself again instead of just a corner.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 2:45 PM

No fair Kim, i'm going home to tidy and clean my sewing room and repost photos. Yours is way to neat.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Vivian - you know I so cleaned it up before I took the photo!

Kim

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 2:56 PM

Hi Kim,

You did something that would be very satisfactory to many of us ... you envisioned a better place to sew and then you followed through WITH the help of DH of course.   I like to look around for warm spaces, and I have to admit from looking at the view from the polished floor to lighted windows is REALLY Sweet!  Better than many of us too you didn't over clutter and that really does play a part in its general organization and grace.  Nice work lady!  Please to take a peek!  I hope as we go we also get to see the room in action.  It seems you've got all the elements to make things happen!  Nice!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Ann - so lovely of you to take the time to post your comments.  Thanks ever so much.

Kim

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:30 PM

Ahh it is my pleasure!  I like to stop by the site when I check my emails and see that people have been here or at some of the other message boards.  It seems I've been on the Internet long enough, though new to this site, but long enough to know how real people are.  There's so many interesting rooms to look at ... and people to meet, just imagining for every one of the 27 million quilters out there there's a different story for each!  Nice lot we are a part of, right?

Our best,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:25 PM

Gosh Kim, where are all the dust bunnies ?  My sewing room can only dream of being this clean!!  It's a fantastic space and ... what a good hubby you have!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Debbie-do!  Thanks so much for your sweet comments.  My husband would appreciate your kind words....

Kim

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Kim Hanson:

Hey to everyone!  I'm in B.C. today and the weather is so cold - there is frost everywhere and it looked like snow this morning.

I wanted to post a few photos of my home office studio.  I had been sewing/quilting/writing in my basement.....and just found no matter what I did, the light down there was not sufficient for what I was doing.  Good lighting for a quilter is just paramount after all!  The basement has smallish windows and despite having worked down there for years - it was time to move upstairs.

Our home is a two storey and I know the bedrooms had insufficient space for me to setup my old drafting table (for cutting fabric), my computer desk, fabric storage, etc.  So, my dear sweet husband helped me to re-arrange our living room and dining room.  I moved some furniture from the living room to the basement, moved my dining room into the living room and my home office studio is now located in what used to be our dining room.  At first glance, I was thinking this will NEVER work - as anyone who comes to my front door could see my sewing mess straight away.  So, off to Pier One to purchase a room divider screen and that really solved that problem.

So much better than working in the basement!  Now I can watch the squirrels and blue jays in the backyard as I work at my sewing/embroidery machines.  The natural light is so superior to anything that I was getting in the "lower level"! 

My work space would not be complete without a reminder of my absolutely "idol" - Mary Engelbreit!

Kim in Calgary, Canada

Kim, you have a cleaning person, don't you? Come you can confess! LOL The only time I've ever seen a house this clean was after I worked my buns off cleaning for somebody lol.

and got paid for it. Well, on second thought, my ex d-i-l's house looks like this.

xoxoxo,

P.S. It is beautiful.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:55 AM

Ms MoomMist - I totally cleaned up all by myself!

Kim

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 7:20 PM

Kim, if I give you my address will you come and clean for me?   LOL    (Its 85 here today)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hey Maggie!  Sure...love to clean for you.  I live in Canada though - might be quite a commute!

Cannot believe it's 85 degrees where you are today.  It's maybe 3 degrees Celsius here now - frost and snow and cold.

Kim

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:17 PM

Finally uploaded pictures of my super find at a card shop.  Would you believe I fit 6 bins of fabric into it/on it.  The shelves are 18" deep and the cabinet below holds all of my fat quarters.  My garage sewing room is looking much better!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:20 PM

Egad, what happened to the bottom half of the picture?   Maybe the cabinet was naked?  LOL  Will try to repost.

Page 22 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use