Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 19 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 12:17 PM

I used to have a whole room to myself and the ferrett to play in but roommates have taken over so this has been my new area for about a year or so. It is a corner in our living room right before our bedroom door.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 12:25 PM

Carey, 

I started out on my dinning room table and graduated to our back porch when my husband enclosed it. Then when we built our cabin in KY and I would sew on vacation, I used a corner of the lving room and the cutting table was in the bedroom. We quilters/sewers do what we have to do to keep our sanity and feed our addiction. :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 12:50 PM

So true, well when I lived in Michigan in a real house small though it had a full basement with walkout to the backyard and that was my sewing area before this. I do miss the full room at times though. But when I started I did the same thing until we figured out how to build up and out with my stashes etc. in the living room eventually needed to find storage for the fabrics lol. Then it was a open dresser now it is a shoe box Im slowly moving into the wicker and the current projects are in the wheelable storage you see.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Everyone:  Great ideas.  It's really inspiring to see every one's spaces. Thanks so much for sharing

Mimi:  thanks for the tip on folding and storing fat quarters. 

Vivian:  I can picture a moose or two in your woods.  Even with the dim light, that has to be one of the greatest views! 

Patti:  I'm really worried about the batiks that I put in my leaf quilt.  I'm afraid they will bleed color.  I brought home the black batik that I bought at the retreat and  washed it in hot salt water and then hung it on my outside line in the hot sun.  That seemed to set the black.  I always wash fabric, but I didn't those batiks.  I guess I'm giving all of the PNW retreat girls a heads up.

Donna B.  Best of luck with you new space.  That's so exciting. And that Marge P has good ideas!

Maggie:  I might have the wrong girl here, but, I've seen all glass garage doors.  Wouldn't that be fun in your boudoir women's cave?  It might take winning the lottery tho!  LOL

Again thanks everyone. 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

1gr8shopper:

My sewing room is just a figment of my imagination:

How exciting!! Post pictures as it progresses so we can be exciting along with you.

Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 3:46 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
I can picture a moose or two in your woods.  Even with the dim light, that has to be one of the greatest views! 
White tail deer, elk, the occational bear and mule deer, but no moose in our area.  At least, not in my yard.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 2,430

Denise_Oregon:

1gr8shopper:

My sewing room is just a figment of my imagination:

How exciting!! Post pictures as it progresses so we can be exciting along with you.

Will do....it is a slow process so this thread may not be in existence by that time, lol!

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 4:44 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
I always wash fabric, but I didn't those batiks.  I guess I'm giving all of the PNW retreat girls a heads up.

I didn't think batiks bled.  Do they?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 4:56 PM

Carey,

I'd love to have a basement.  One of these days. Carey, you are making due and that's what counts. At least you have an assigned area. I really like the idea of the wheelable storage.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

MNnancy:

Snowbird Quilter:
I always wash fabric, but I didn't those batiks.  I guess I'm giving all of the PNW retreat girls a heads up.

I didn't think batiks bled.  Do they?

Nancy:  I bought a red fat quarter last winter, and it bled.  The black I bought at the retreat also bled.  Soooooo --- I suppose some of those really bright leaves of mine may bleed.  I really feel bad about that!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:30 PM

1gr8shopper:
This is the current opening up to the bonus room (aka sewing room) above the garage:

I hope you get another stairs.  How you  going to get a long arm up there?  Or even one of these heavy sewing machines.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:35 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the possible bleeding batiks.  I am going to wash my quilt the first time with that stuff that is supposed to set colors.  And if that doesn't work, there is the other stuff that's supposed to remove the stains caused by bleeding. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:53 PM

most of the batics I made my sisters quilt out of didn't bleed. the Bali Batics.  I used an unknown batic for the setting blocks and they bled. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 8:24 PM

Patti:
I am going to wash my quilt the first time with that stuff that is supposed to set colors.

Good advice for all of our leaf quilts, Patti.  Thanks.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 495

I'll try this, but am not sure I'm doing it right! This is my sewing room with some of our critters. My husband made the shelving for me, and the cutting table and ironing board. They're 42" high, which is a comfortable height for me.

• | Post Points: 125
Page 19 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use