Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 12 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

I don't think my post went through.  I love it.  The best sewing room I have ever seen!  I love the view from your window.  It looks like you live in the country!  Can I be your friend.......hehehehehe

Susan Larson

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:37 PM

Super room, Denise.  I envy your space and your organization.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Susan Larson:

I love the view out of your window.  Looks like you live in the country! 

The view is wonderful and I love watching and hearing the birds and hawks, but I actually live in the middle of a large metropolitan area.  I just happen to be across the street from a wetland area that has tall trees and a walking trail. The park is skinny and long, but it doesn't look like that from the front of the house.

Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 1:24 PM

Debbie-do:

Gayle B:

I still use the living room floor for cutting fabric.

You must be under 35!  May I recommend the table I use for cutting?  It folds down to 13''x36''x36''  They go on sale at JoAnns from time to time for under $100.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd49750

Good news, I just got my new Joann flier and the table is on sale starting Sunday for $79.99.   Bad news (for me) , I called the store to find out if they still carry it the other day, trying to decide if I should just be patient and watch fliers or order on line and get it over with.  "No Ma'am, we don't carry it in stores any more." Mine is being delivered in a few days.  I called customer service to voice my opinion (would have saved some bucks if I'd have known it was going on sale) and to see if they'd offer any sort of refund/rebate for the amount in question.  HA !  They told me while the picture in the flier is in fact the table I ordered, the brand isn't so they can't do anything.  I was told if I want to, I can return/refuse the table when it's delivered for a full refund and go to the store to buy the one that's advertised.  GOOOOOOOOD Grief!  I've decided to look at it this way... the money I would save would surely be spent at Joann when I go to buy the table... and it's only around $20 which while not a LOT of money, it's the principle of the thing... ya know?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 1:50 PM

I have to agree with you, Marsha - about not getting a photo of my "sewing room" since it's all over the house. I understand your situation, too. I get so frustrated having to tote my machine from room to room, not being able to find a space large enough to lay something out, having to continually get up and go to another room to get something ~sigh~ yes, a sewing room is a dream for me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Denise_Oregon:

I am lucky that I have a dedicated sewing room and an area for cutting large projects in an adjacent room. This is as you enter my sewing room:

This is my Quattro and Laura Ashley (in the middle is where I place my laptop):

Another look at my sewing machine and serger. Yes, I am a notions junkie:

Most of the fabric is in the closet, some in the white cupboards and some in the project boxes in the cutting room:

Large area for cutting. Project boxes on top  of the bookcase. That is Step 2 of the MQ V sitting on the cutting area:

I have a lot of sewing patterns:

Wow, Denise, this is fabulous! Sure wish I could be so organized. Are you close to Pennsylvania, so I could hire you to come and help me organize LOL

It really is lovely!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

I think we need to let the administration know that we are getting an error on the posts, so we don't double post everything.

xoxoxo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:55 PM

Ms MoomMist:

I think we need to let the administration know that we are getting an error on the posts, so we don't double post everything.

xoxoxo

They know!  There's a thread out there.  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/19949.aspx

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:57 PM

Debbie-do:

Ms MoomMist:

xoxoxo

They know!  There's a thread out there.  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/19949.aspx

LOL... I got the error posting my reply to you!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:45 PM

My sewing area is in dire need of straightening  Since bringing all my purchases in from retreat I haven't even found the space to put my sewing machine back where it goes....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:44 PM

Nana, what a great problem to have. 

Denise, beautiful room, great view!       I'm a notions junkie too.  I have way more than I'll ever need. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

Hello Everyone, I am a old newbie.....lol...I have been a member since 2009 but life gets in the way  and I have been missing in action. I loved catching up and seeing lots of new names.

Especially enjoyed seeing pics of members sewing rooms, one of my favorite things to do when I am not sewing.

I hunted to see if my pics were still here, couldn't find them but then I remembered I have since moved to my room so the pics wouldn't be current. I out grew my bedrm that I used to call my sewing heaven...soooooo I took over the formal living that we never used anyway.

here are a few pics.

The red hutch was 40.00, the blk cabinet 8.00, the chair free, the wicker unit free {all repainted} the kitty-pricelss.

just moved this desk to this wall so the wall is still bare.

Time to go sew....its nice to be back here, just hope I don't get lost coming back.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:14 PM

Wow....great sewing space.  Thanks for sharing pics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:16 PM

WOW ,what a beautiful room, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

What a beautiful sewing room.

Margaret

Page 12 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use