Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 11 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:48 PM

Is Jody a slob?  Is that the one/

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

I got the "Jodie" thread moved up but there aren't a whole lot of studio pictures in it.  There are only two of Helly's studio and I know that I have seen a thread with a LOT more pictures of her studio in it.  I just can't remember where. :o( 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:02 PM

I cleaned out alot when we moved but I'm slowly building up my stash again. It won't be long before I have it messy! LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 411
Points 8,995
Pamela replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:26 PM

Ms MoomMist - love the quilt on the frame. I agree; I want to see pictures. Forget the old threads and post new pics on this one for all us newbies.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 411
Points 8,995
Pamela replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:30 PM

Cathy Justice - Thanks for posting your pics. Great organization. You're right, more stash and get sewing, and your room with be messy. But, you still have these pics to post, so no one knows what it really looks like most of the time.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 411
Points 8,995
Pamela replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:33 PM

Claudette - great storage units. IKEA is great. You have quite a stash in all those totes and great idea with the tagboard storage on the wall.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 411
Points 8,995
Pamela replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:36 PM

Granny M - so nice you have all that space; I'm a bit jealous. My sisters & I keep talking about putting together a studio space to share, but just don't have anywhere to do it at. This is a home away from home. Love the treadle display.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Debbie-do:

Ms MoomMist:

[

I'm butting in here but I got an 8 foot table that is super for cutting at Sam's club for under $50. Thye also have 6 foot tables for less. They are plastic tops and metal legs and very sturdy. Problem now is that with the Long arm machine in the Sewing Loft, I don't have room for it. I have a taller table that DH pick up at a garage sale with a ceramic top that I use for cutting. Maybe if I cleared out some of the old machines and furniture, I'd have room for a nice cutting table or I could use it to lay out the quilt for basting.

I like that price better, is it tall like the one from JoAnn or standard height? 

It is standard height, but if you wanted it higher, that wouldn't be a problem... just get a couple of 2 x 4 s and use them as blocks to make it as high as you want.

The table behind me to my right in the picture is about the height of a standard bar about 40 or 42 inches and nice for cutting so I don't have to bend over.

Thanks for the comments on the quilt. That is MQ 4 from this past Spring here on QCA, I finished it on June 1st and gave it to my brother and sister-in-law for their 50th wedding anniversary that they will celebrate in 2012! They live in CA and I'm in PA so we don't always see each other every year so I didn't want to take the chance and miss their 50th as I was my s-i-l Maid of Honor.

xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Cathy Justice:

This is my sewing/craft room. I've finally got it back together after moving in March it was such a mess. You think you're being so cleaver packing it up and labeling but its still the biggest mess. I've spent 2 days but I'm proud of my room. I was going to put a bed in the room for guest but I decided I'd get a futon. We don't get guest that often.

Woo Hoo I'm sewing again!

Wow, Cathy, this is really neat... Want to come to my house and help!

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 10:18 PM

It's so fun seeing everyone's spaces and how we all do what we can to make the most of what we have.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 9:39 PM

I remember one called "My Sewing Room" - is that the one we're looking for? 

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 575

Oh my gosh all that room!  What a great place to invite the girls over for a mini retreat!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,425
Points 72,070
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 8:36 AM

My sewing room is utter chaos...and is spread across three rooms of the house.  I don't even know what fabric is in my stash anymore.  I need more room!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,950

I am lucky that I have a dedicated sewing room and an area for cutting large projects in an adjacent room. This is as you enter my sewing room:

This is my Quattro and Laura Ashley (in the middle is where I place my laptop):

Another look at my sewing machine and serger. Yes, I am a notions junkie:

Most of the fabric is in the closet, some in the white cupboards and some in the project boxes in the cutting room:

Large area for cutting. Project boxes on top  of the bookcase. That is Step 2 of the MQ V sitting on the cutting area:

I have a lot of sewing patterns:

Oregon

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

OMGosh!!!  This is wonderful!  The best sewing room I have ever seen!!!  Can I be your friend!!!!  teehee  I love the view out of your window.  Looks like you live in the country! 

Susan Larson

Page 11 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use