Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005
Debra Moore Posted: Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:38 PM

Just got home for lunch and found a box from Clotilde.com!  I bought a bunch of "stuff" online a couple of weeks ago and have been waiting not too patiently...

Lets see, what do we have.....  24 pk of bobbin wraps , Skipping Squares pattern, The Ultimate Binding Guide, Seam Measuring Guide, Perfect Binding Mitre. 

Almost like Christmas!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Almost forgot, I also bought the online course from Craftsy:  : Machine Quilting: Free Motion & More.  I've done all my quilts by hand, and machine quilting scares me, I'm hoping this will help ease me into a brave new world!

"Quilt 'Em If You Got 'Em...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:56 PM

Debra I bought that course also in hopes of finishing my UFO's.  Watched the first 3 episodes and like it so far and she's only used her walking foot.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:49 PM

Glad to hear you are enjoying the course.  I got the offer the other day and want to buy it, too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Glad to hear that Marie.  I have an UFO that I started making for my brother 3 years (?? maybe more) ago that has given me fits with all it's triangles.  I'm almost ready to pick it up again, which means quilting it.  I'm going to start watching the videos this weekend.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:26 PM

Please let us know how you like them.  Haven't made up my mind yet.

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:20 AM

Good luck with your brothers quilt Debra.  I'll be busy today cutting my "new" background with my Go and maybe some of the worms.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:25 AM

Sheri, I bought the first two as well with Jenny Doan and I love them.  Once you buy them you own them forever.  Plan on making several of her quilts, made one already.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:25 AM

Debra Moore:
Debra , I also  purchased this class several days ago, I have started with the first lesson, 

Maire glad to hear you joined it also ,We may get this FMQ the figured out yet, I can do the stipple stitch but that is aobut it right now ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:28 AM

Marie:
bought the first two as well with Jenny Doan and I love them.  y.
I to have the firest two Jenny Doan classes, I'm off to see her today for shop hop.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 10:35 AM

Debra,

Can you tell me more about the course.  I am interested in getting it but am afraid that it's for beginners.  Not that I am that skilled in machine quilting but that's all I've done and want to learn more about it.

Thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535

I bought the machine quilting class from Craftsy too and have gotten about as far as Marie has.  Wendy Berns says  you'll get something out of the class whether you're a beginner or have been at it for a while.  There are some previews you can watch on the Craftsy site.  I figure for $25 it's worth taking a chance on... the price is only good till the end of the week I think then it goes back to full price.  I've been watching Leah Day videos as well on free-motion quilting.  She helped give me the confidence I needed to try again after failing miserably with my first attempts.  This link should bring you there:  http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 6,015

So can anyone compare these to the Patsy Thompson videos?  I have the firstvolume of each of her videos:  fast and free (loop to loops), feathers, and vines and leaves.  From those I've incorporated many of my own designs and use them extensively.  I'm not much in to marking as I have always had troubles staying on lines.  Are the craftsy videos along the same line?

Penny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,702
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 4:09 PM

Penny, I would be interested to know that answer to your question too as I have most of the Patsy Thompson videos and when I start machine quilting I usually pull them out for a refresher course.  But I am always up for new stuff

Something I found on my trip to Iowa for the retreat there was a FleXion pen - it is a great marking tool that disappears with heat - I at first thought it disappeared in about 4 hours but have found since I am using it for this embroidered quilt by hand that I am doing that it stays longer - it hasn't disappeared yet on the blocks and it has been 4 days now - so i think it must have disappeared up there because I was so close to the ironing station - or something like that - not sure - the pen I used up there was the black one and have been using the blue one here to mark the blocks with.  I do love this pen though and it would be an awesome marking tool for machine quilting... i could get those feathers perfect...teehee... as if I ever could get a feather perfect - one of the reasons I like Patsy Thompson as she teaches making those fun feathers...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535

PennyWyo:

So can anyone compare these to the Patsy Thompson videos? 

Penny, her teaching style is different but what's great about the format is you can ask her questions, upload photos (you're getting the hang of that!) for critique, take notes at specific places in the video that you can get back to easily for review.  I think she gives you more to think about than Patsy does.  She covers a wide variety of topics.  I think you should go for it :)  do you have the link that let's you have it for $25??

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use