Top 10 Posters

ready to buy accuquilt go, need to know what to buy?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 495
daisey aka Cheryl Posted: Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:25 AM

Good Morning everyone love this website especially when you need information ,  I am ready to buy accuquilt go,  I need to know what I need to purchase witht he machine,  I see that there are different mats in different sizes I am assuming you have to have a mat to cut, does the mat have to match the size of cutter you are useing?   Such as a large square or strip, I will be cutting large squares up to I hope I can find a 10 inch ,  and fabric strips up to at least 2 1/2 wide,  I also want to buy the dresden plate dies.  Anyone have any good advise,  I also got info from Judy Lee about purchasing dies on e-bay from Silvia's Bits & Pieces but could not find her store,  could I please get more info on how to find her store on e-bay.  Thanks Judy Lee  I will be waiting on responses so I can make my purchase.   Happy Sat. quilting everone. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:29 AM

Daisey, I just purchased mine on Amazon, it was the best price I could find $199.  It came to me in three days from Fabric Hut  in VA and did have a $20 shipping charge  The dies are also cheaper on Amazon with free shipping on a $25 order which will be easy to spend.  You can also do some research on AccuQuilt . com.  Hope this helps.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:30 AM

Daisey, also Joanne's could be less than Amazon on some of the GO's stuff if you use a coupon.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Unfortunely all the JoAnn's coupons exclude the Go and it's dies.  As far as I know though the JoAnn's 10 percent off card through QCA does not exclude the Go and Dies but I have not tried to buy any of them with that card yet.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 3,725
Melissa replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:23 PM

Daisey, I won my Go! so I don't know who has the best price on the cutter, but I like Fabric Hut for the dies and I buy through Amazon for the free shipping. I have bought squares, but frankly, I really like the curved edge dies better. I am one who could never cut probably one circle, let alone several, that looks good. I also really like the strip dies. They are great for cutting binding, especially if you aren't concerned about cutting on the bias.

Melissa
http://ardeasnest.blogspot.com
"Love isn't what makes the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile."

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Just won a bid on Ebay for the Rose of Sharon dies at a wonderful price of 26.50 + shipping and it still was a steal! I'm ready to start an Autumn Table runner, as soon as the dies get here. I need to use that Go before the dust gets too deep on it.

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 5:40 PM

Ms MoomMist:
Ebay for the Rose of Sharon dies at a wonderful price of 26.50 + shipping

MM you just hit the jackpot!  It's $43.36 on Amazon.  I may not choose to do the table runner we talked about, too expensive for me right now.  I'll have another look at Accuquilt web site and choose another project to work on.  I was actually interested in doing the quilt that came with the original Go set.  We could each do our own and post pics as we progress.  How does that sound?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Marie:

Ms MoomMist:
Ebay for the Rose of Sharon dies at a wonderful price of 26.50 + shipping

MM you just hit the jackpot!  It's $43.36 on Amazon.  I may not choose to do the table runner we talked about, too expensive for me right now.  I'll have another look at Accuquilt web site and choose another project to work on.  I was actually interested in doing the quilt that came with the original Go set.  We could each do our own and post pics as we progress.  How does that sound?

That sounds just fine with me. I figure I should get the dies sometime next week, so in the meantime, I'll start looking through my stash for fabric. I have some cute Halloween and some Autumn colors batiks, so maybe that will do I'll be looking forward to see what you are doing. There should be other table runner online to use the dies that came with the machine... Perhaps I should look too.

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

The Quilt Daddy:

Marie & Moonmist get busy we are looking for ideas and you guys post the best pixs so please let us see them as soon as you can.

We have decided to start on October 1st, so watch for the pics!

xoxoxo

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.