Studio Fabric Cutter by AccuQuilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 36 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,033 Posts
Points 169,688
Marie posted on Tue, Sep 6 2011 3:31 PM

Does anyone own the Studio Fabric Cutter by AccuQuilt?  What do you have to say about it pros or cons?  Is $399 a good price?  Need input by end of day, sale ends today.  Also if you own it what dies would you recommend as must haves?  Thanks for your input.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,023 Posts
Points 16,150

Hi  Marie,

I have the Accuquilt Go and many dies.  I love it.  My hands give me trouble and the machine allows me to cut accurately.  The Studio is for a business and unless you own a shop or are cutting for others, it would be an overkill.  The Go has been the perfect size and allows me to cut everything that I need to cut.  You can get the Accuquilt Go for around $250 and there are many websites online that you can purchase dies more cheaply.  Silvia's bits & Pieces on Ebay is where I get all my supplies.

Hope this helps

Judylee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,033 Posts
Points 169,688
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 1:53 PM

Thanks Judylee for your input.  I let the "Studio" go by and will think about the AQG instead.  You say it cuts everything, 2 1/2" by WOF also?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280

Marie, I agree with Judy, and glad to hear that you are thinking about an AQG. I got one this past year right after Christmas and got it for almost 1/2 price at Joanns. Also, Amazon.com has all kinds of die and if you sign up on Accuquilt.com there are free patterns. I really haven't used my yet, but hopefully come fall and winter it will get a real workout. I also have a sizzix big shot that cut fabric, but I think the AQG cuts through more layers.

Good Luck!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
23,799 Posts
Points 352,047
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 2:35 PM

Marie,

before you buy anything how about I bring my GO! on my next visit? It's a good tool but I honestly don't use it as much as I thought I would. If you do get one after trying it wait for a good coupon and purchase it from Jo-Ann's.

I paid $399. or close to it for the GO! cutter. It was an alternative to the much more expensive Studio cutter at the time. The studio cutter looks like a more efficient machine and has a better selection of dies.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,023 Posts
Points 16,150

Yes Marie,

It does have the 2 1/2 by WOF cutter but I find that I can actually cut that one faster by hand.

Judylee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,023 Posts
Points 16,150

Yes Marie,

It does have the 2 1/2 by WOF cutter but I find that I can actually cut that one faster by hand.

Judylee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,033 Posts
Points 169,688
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 8:08 PM

Well ladies and gents I did it, I bought the AccuQuilt Go on Amazon for $199.  Will have it in my hands next week and I can't wait!  If I don't get my mojo back for quilting this fall I'm going to sell the whole kit and kaboodle and make my sewing room into an ice cream parlor!  Fountain and all!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280

Marie:

Well ladies and gents I did it, I bought the AccuQuilt Go on Amazon for $199.  Will have it in my hands next week and I can't wait!  If I don't get my mojo back for quilting this fall I'm going to sell the whole kit and kaboodle and make my sewing room into an ice cream parlor!  Fountain and all!

I'm so glad you got a bargain Marie! That is what I paid for mine at Joann's last Spring. Good Luck! too bad we don't live close, we could practice together :o)

Oh, as for the Ice Cream Parlor, if you are serving old fashion SODAs I'll be there! :o)

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,033 Posts
Points 169,688
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 9:37 PM

Ms MoomMist:
if you are serving old fashion SODAs I'll be there

Ms MoomMist:
oo bad we don't live close, we could practice toget

I'll see what I could do about the SODAs.

Let's do the next best thing and learn together in cyberspace.  That might get us both to at least open the box and have a look.  What do you say?  Might be fun.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,002 Posts
Points 13,060

I sure am glad I saw this discussion, I too have been wanting a cutter, and I did look at the studio at that great discount, but at this time even that $400 was a bit on the high side when you consider having to spend another couple of hundred for a set of die. I wish that somewone other than myself did any crafting and quilting in my family so we could share a costly but much needed machine.

Carylanne

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280

Marie:

Let's do the next best thing and learn together in cyberspace.  That might get us both to at least open the box and have a look.  What do you say?  Might be fun.

That sounds do able... why don't you go to accuquilt.com and pick out a "free" pattern (not too big) and lets see if we can do it from our stash? Maybe something we could do for Halloween, Thanksgiving or even Christmas... a table runner, wall hanging, something like that. I don't have any babies around me, so I'd rather not do anything too juvenile.

Catch up with you soon! Bedtime here for me. I now have Ms Boots and she gets me up about an hour earlier than the dogs do and at my age, I need my beauty sleep! Pleasant dreams dear Friends!

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280

Oh, some thing with the basic dies that you should get with your machine!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,033 Posts
Points 169,688
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 9:44 AM

Ms MoomMist:
Let's do the next best thing and learn together in cyberspace

Ms MoomMist:
That sounds do able..

MM, I'd love to make a table runner for Thanksgiving.  I'll be in touch when my "GO" arrives.  We could mutually choose the pattern and give our "GO" a go!  I'm excited to receive it now!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,023 Posts
Points 16,150

Congrats!

Silvias Bits & Pieces on EBay has really good prices on the dies.  She is a friend of mine, say you know me and she gives an even better discount. LOL, I enjoy all the dies that I have, it makes quilting even more fun especially if you like applique.

Judylee

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use