It's Time for MQ V!

Page 78 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,929
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:40 PM

OOPs guess I better get the rest of my groups finished , the week has kinda slipped by for me..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,662
Points 136,142
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:46 PM

Yes and Pat, is trying to rush us also,roflol,she got up this morning thinking it was Friday lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,929
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:48 PM

Gee ,Pat, I wishing it was still Tuesday, I'm so behind on stuff..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:22 PM

For the first time I finished before the next step.   Tried to post pictures earlier but for some reason they wouldn't load to my computer from camera.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:25 PM

Think I need to check my camera lens for cat or dog drool....parts of the pics are a little cloudy!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:
I guess I'll go clean the garage [ it's the farthest from my sewing room.]

Betty, that is funny that you mentioned cleaning your garage.  Yesterday I opted to clean the garage instead of loading a quilt on my frame.  The garage was long overdue and it looks much better today.  So trying to keep busy until Friday, this morning I loaded a quilt made by a dear friend from one of my quilt groups. She is older and doesn't see as well as she used to.  I thought I could work the wavy borders in with the quilting, but it was not going to work...  the borders were machine stitched, but the main part of the quilt was all hand pieced.  I wasn't happy with my results after just two passes, so I had to take my stitching out, and the only sane thing for me to do is to buy some new fabric to replace her borders.   So instead of sewing tomorrow morning, I will have to go into town to buy fabric for the borders.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Debbie, you are southwest of SA and I am southeast of SA.  We could run into each other sometime in town and not even know it.

It really is a busy time of year.  Lots of things happening.  We have a new grand-baby arriving in early November out in Arizona, and my presence has been requested, so it looks doubtful that I will make it to Houston this year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,061
Points 170,737
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:08 PM

Maggie, I love your blues, yellows, and orange!  Your quilt is going to be spectacular!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:13 PM

MNnancy:

Maggie, I love your blues, yellows, and orange!  Your quilt is going to be spectacular!

Thanks, I love bright tropical colors.  So why do I now live in the desert?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 22,275
Carol W replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:19 PM

Kristie:

Marsha-SM:

Have been sitting here, reading everyones comments and thinking over the quilt  -----  no inset seams ---- 12 inch blocks -----  Piecing so far OVER 12 inches ----

I see a lot of slicing and dicing here!!  I have always been good at guessing patterns but this has stumped me so far.  Should be fun to see what is in store for us!

I was just thinking about that.  Our step 5 is longer than 12" and it seems even too long for a diagonal.  Hmmm.... 

I think I have it figured out and have even made myself a wallhanging using what I think is going to be the block (actually made 4 blocks).  Now I am just waiting to see if I am right - if I am it will be a first!! lol

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Carol W:
Now I am just waiting to see if I am right - if I am it will be a first!! lol

I knew it would drive me crazy if I left the pieces in a place where they would be visible.  After I finished stitching step 4 & 5  together, I put them in a box so I would not be going crazy trying to figure out what the blocks will look like.  Out of sight, out of mind... Right???

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 186
Points 2,765

Well I had good intentions to clean the garage but it was so nice I started pruning my 4 climbing roses [on 8 ft high latice X 4 ft wide  each]  instead . It was slow going because my german shepard thought it was play time and kept bringing me his ball to throw. I got the  lower half done anyway, I have to do the rest on a ladder. But tomorrow is FRIDAY. We  ALL know what that means. Then waiting for friday all over again.lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

I think that this computer is just a matter of time here at my house. I almost fried my brain trying to upload my px Monday and by the time I finally packed it in I had 818 px downloaded on my camera and card.  It took me until yesterday to get the courage to do anymore and decided to put px in folders and make sense of the mess I had. That has given me more insight about how camera card and computer work. Anyway tonight I was able to upload them without hardly a problem. Now getting this message typed has been my downfall. I guess I'll figure out where my other messages went, but I think they are floating out there in space laughing at me.LOL. It has been raining since Monday and we may have a break in the weather for tomorrow and Sat then quite possible start in raining again Sun night and rain off and on all next week.  I'm not sure I'm ready for this weather and I know I'm not ready for the arthritis to raise it's ugly head any more than it does already. Enough of my woes. I'm ready for the next part.  I'm sure I'll have to swallow a couple times coming up for air when I read the instructions the first time.  I write it out them and that seems to settle me down. Okay wordy ole me will close and rest up for tomorrow.  Get your rest, this is going to get even more exciting. Beth R.  (Reesecup)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,667
Points 49,560
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:25 PM

Grandma Sal:

Debbie, you are southwest of SA and I am southeast of SA.  We could run into each other sometime in town and not even know it.

If you're SE of SA you may have been closer to the earthquake than I was.  Did you feel it?  I was reading email when it happened... thought my helper cats were messing around ... they're BIG helper cats... but they were no where to be seen.  The thought of it being an earthquake crossed my mind very briefly but next thing you know they were talking about it on WOAI!   Crazy.

My granddaughter is 6 months old and just had a set of shot yesterday and is still really fussy.  It's been 30 years since I've dealt with such things but she still called for advice.  Sometimes I feel so inadequate. I'm flattered tho, she called me and not her step-mom who has a 3 year old :)   I'm actually her ex-step-mom.  Very gangly family tree.  LOL

Maybe we could work together towards a southwest retreat up in Kerrville at Creations!  something to think about...

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,667
Points 49,560
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:29 PM

Maggie I love your colors!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Page 78 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.