Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 77 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 75 76 77 78 79 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,490
Points 46,770

I am sure y'all will feel my pain here. Normally I have time to print off the instructions then head off to work. Today I don't start work till 1pm and was excited that I would be able to sew some before work. I was up at 5:30 raring to go and NO next step. AAACCCKKK! I know I won't want to sew when I get home from work therefore I reallllly need the next steps soon. Please QCA, have mercy on this addicted quilter!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:42 AM

Pat honey, it is only Thursday. lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,490
Points 46,770

ROFLOL! You are right Leslie. Drats!  But surely they could post a day early for me, since I'm off this morning. I told you I was addicted, I NEED the next steps, LOL. Guess I'll just have to work on my Boxy Stars. Remember that? I am finally going to get it sandwiched today and maybe even start quilting.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:55 AM

ROFLOL,Pat I a sorry, yes you would think they would take into consideration your day off.  Oh yes I remember both of mine still need quilted also.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:38 AM

Oh, I agree about the thread cutter.  I just couldn't believe it at first- cutting both the upper and lower threads and the thread not pulling out of the needle when you restart sewing-- whoo-hoo.... ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:47 AM

Have been sitting here, reading everyones comments and thinking over the quilt  -----  no inset seams ---- 12 inch blocks -----  Piecing so far OVER 12 inches ----

I see a lot of slicing and dicing here!!  I have always been good at guessing patterns but this has stumped me so far.  Should be fun to see what is in store for us!

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 785
Beth D replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:18 AM

I got all caught up (on this quilt) last night, so I feel a lot better now.  This is my first MQ, and the control freak that lives inside me is pitching all-out temper tantrums since "we" don't know what this is going to look like.  It's really been fun to step out of my controlled comfort zone!! 

Beth in SC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Pat Lancaster:

ROFLOL! You are right Leslie. Drats!  But surely they could post a day early for me, since I'm off this morning. I told you I was addicted, I NEED the next steps, LOL. Guess I'll just have to work on my Boxy Stars. Remember that? I am finally going to get it sandwiched today and maybe even start quilting.

Geez Pat, you had me going.  I read your post and immediately thought "Oh no... whatever will I do now? "  Of course, I am thoroughly disappointed to realize that it's NOT Friday.... lol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

barblarson:
Thanks to all of you for your input. I'm going to cut the rest this weekend. Joann has the Accuquilt go #55100 on sale for $199.99 thru Saturday. I am considering getting one (after all, yesterday was my birthday and I should probably get a belated birthday gift for me- from me- shouldn't I ?) Seriously, those of you who have one - would you buy it again? Do you wish you would have gotten the Go baby one? I would be using it for piecing not applique quilts.

Hmmmm... now you've got me thinking about buying myself an early birthday present.... Have you compared the AQ package price at Joanns to Amazon?  I'll have to check it out....  of course I really "shouldn't" , since just last weekend I bought my new baby lock and new iron... but hey, no one ever said I was going to leave any money behind for my kids, right?  That's what the insurance policy is for!

Off to work......later ladies (and gentlemen)

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 330

Beth D., Boy that is so true for me too.  I picked a jelly role that is not really my color or favorite type of prints.  I am anxiously awaiting for the reveal.  I plan to finish my sewing today so I will be ready for tomorrows step.  Miss Jackie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 174
Points 2,555

OUR group reminds me of a bunch of kids waiting for Christmas. lol  Me included. When you get current step done the first day you have to find "busy" work the rest of the week. It's a little hard to focus when all you think about is MQ5. I guess I'll go clean the garage [ it's the farthest from my sewing room.] lol . This evening I'll finish sewing the gift bag for the quilt I made for my "secret sister" at church. The reveal is in December. I am ready for Friday......

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 390
Points 4,875
Kristie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 1:09 PM

Marsha-SM:

Have been sitting here, reading everyones comments and thinking over the quilt  -----  no inset seams ---- 12 inch blocks -----  Piecing so far OVER 12 inches ----

I see a lot of slicing and dicing here!!  I have always been good at guessing patterns but this has stumped me so far.  Should be fun to see what is in store for us!

I was just thinking about that.  Our step 5 is longer than 12" and it seems even too long for a diagonal.  Hmmm.... 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 3,470
Well, I've been busy with everything but my MQ5, but last night I was able to work on step 4. I've got 7 groups done... whoo hoo... hopefully I can do some more tonight, and get caught up. Looking forward to the next steps, just so I can get behind again, ha ha! I did go buy fabric (shhhh don't tell hubbers) for the MQ4. I love how it looked and figured, since I have sooooo much extra time on my hands, I could add another project to my stack! I'll hopfully post my pics from Step 3 and 4 and maybe 5 tonight or tomorrow. Hugs to all! Cathy
Marine Mom ~ Cathy
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 390
Points 4,875
Kristie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 1:15 PM

Yep, I'm waiting for the next step eagerly like everyone else!  Guess I'll finish my little boy's halloween costume while I wait for tomorrow.  :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:10 PM

Pat you crack me up!  I've been thinking it's Friday too but that's because I'm taking tomorrow off so as far as work is concerned, it IS Friday!   I'm going to Women of Faith tomorrow and Saturday so no sewing will be done till at least Sunday.  NEXT weekend is party central!  An afternoon baby shower (cooking and setting up) on Saturday and a Sunday school fall fun night (cooking) then on Sunday there's another party after church for a good friend who's turning 60. More cooking & setting up & running around for that one.  Who knows when I'll get a chance to sew.  Then Nov 5 I'm going to Houston to the quilt festival!  Taking the 7th and maybe the 8th off so if all else fails, I'll sew then.  It's going to drive me nuts.  I'll have to force myself NOT to look at anyone's pictures until I've had a chance to read the instructions and do some sewing.  I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 77 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 75 76 77 78 79 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use