Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 74 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 5:21 AM

Thank you Mimi

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:07 AM

I was reading through all the posts about what pieces you should have left after step 5 and after reading them I am confused, lol.  Sandy would it be possible to list what we SHOULD have after step 5......ie....how many strips and triangle's (not sure what to call them), this would be for the large and small quilt as I am making both.  I know that you posted pictures of the steps with the instructions...would it be possible to post those as well with the description?

ie.....Picture of group A....X amount of strips, X amount of triangles, you wouldn't have to post group b, c etc.  We know that if we are making the large quilt we would have 10 sets and the smaller one has six sets.  I just really need to know what I should have of each one after the last step. 

I think my question is about as clear a mud.

Thanks TONS,

Katie

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:57 AM

UMMMMMMMMMM.....maybe nevermind my previous question.  I reprinted the instructions and REALIZED, I did step 4 NOT step 5, lol.  I was so excited last night hwen I completed step 4 and THOUGHT I was done.  Not enough sleep this past weekend.  I'm really kinda excited.  Now I have something to sew tonight!!

Katie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 10:43 AM

Katie, when you finish step five you should have 4 rectangles of A's left in each of your groups and 48 background squares.

Thinking that 4 x my 6 groups of rectangles = 24 and there are 48 background squares left, that the next step would be to sew a background square to each side of the rectangle but with my luck I'd be totally wrong and I'd be frogging til the pigs fly so I didn't sew them.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 186
Points 2,765

My "guess" with 24 rectangles and 48 background squares left it could be flying geese . I am not trying to lay out pieces to figure it out  I just take it as it comes.Just enjoying the journey. At least when it's over I can go back and do MQ3 and MQ4 which I printed out and do have material for.Other things came up.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 880

Thanks Sandy and Jan.  I think I will go ahead and make my 20, I have enough material to make at least 20 more and see where I stand after that.  Thanks again.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:13 PM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:
My "guess" with 24 rectangles and 48 background squares left it could be flying geese

Betty, never thought of flying geese but I think you are right!  Glad I didn't do that sewing after all.  I always get in trouble when I get ahead of myself.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:17 PM

Finally finished Steps 4 & 5...flying geese, huh?  I've never done flying geese.  I hope they're not too difficult, I've been rather uncoordinated this week. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:32 PM

Sorry guys, looks like I started some trouble again but there's no harm in guessing is there?  Especially since I have no idea of what this quilt will look like when it's finished.  I'll be quiet now and keep my dumb  ideas to myself.  : [[  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,041
Points 71,415
Bonita replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:34 PM

Mine are done also. I'm doing 2 of the large quilts if it is flying geese that means I'll have to make 80 of those things that's a big flock. LOL

Karla they're not to hard to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,041
Points 71,415
Bonita replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:40 PM

Marie, I think I like your idea better as you can chain piece them. Moves things along a bit faster that way.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Marie:

Katie, when you finish step five you should have 4 rectangles of A's left in each of your groups and 48 background squares.

Thinking that 4 x my 6 groups of rectangles = 24 and there are 48 background squares left, that the next step would be to sew a background square to each side of the rectangle but with my luck I'd be totally wrong and I'd be frogging til the pigs fly so I didn't sew them.

Well, I don't know about flying pigs, Marie, but I do see your math... I believe "Quiltmaker magazine is looking for some one to check math on quilting patterns is you are looking to use those skills LOL.

Here is my Steps 4 & 5 actually here are all my steps, this one is getting interesting and I'm liking my choice of fabric better with each step.

The picture shows my background fabric as checked but actually this is the wrong side of the fabric and the checks are not showing up except with the camera... I'm hoping that once the batting and backing is on they wouldn't show up at all as I rather like the plain purple.

My storage wall right above my machine is a peg board and my baggies fit nicely with everything right there.

Sandy, do you know how many more steps there are? Should we ask?

xoxoxo

xoxoxo

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:08 PM

thanks i can't wait to see how it turns out then to plan the next one

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 290
Patty replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:08 PM

According to the first post about this mystery, there are 2 more Friday clues and we will be done.  It's gone so fast, it's hard to believe we're almost done!  Looking forward to the finished pictures of the gorgeous quilts.  Patty in NV

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 290
Patty replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:13 PM

Actually, I guess it's on the page that has the fabric requirements clue that has the clue schedule...2 more Fridays, 3 more steps and the mystery will be revealed!!! Can hardly wait!

Page 74 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use